player ratings tonight

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

player ratings tonight

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

mark johnson- didn't really have that much of an impact, did well when on stevie johnson though 6/10
Dyson- ok in patches, just doesn't do enough 4/10
Watson- fantastic at the stoppages, kicked two goals, great game 8/10
Hirdy- was good early before injury ruins 250th 5/10
Rama- very successful return, that goal was special 6/10
Macca- was good on Ablett early, faded late in the game 5/10
Pev- tried hard all night, Bartel had the better in the last quarter 6/10
Welsh- the hero of the first quarter completely disappeared for the rest of the game 4/10
Lovett- played a good game especially in the first half 6/10
JJ- probably our best tonight, did well through the middle 8/10
Hille- did ok in the ruck but didn't really do enough around the ground, especially up forward. 5/10
Slats- tried hard all night, will be a great player in the future 6/10
Johns- big disappointment, needed to fire due to absence of Lloyd and failed 2/10
Mal- outplayed by Mooney 3/10
Lucas- Egan and Scarlett had the better of him despite kicking 3 goals 5/10
Laycock- no bad, probably similar game to Hille 5/10
Davey- on song early, really missed his run in the second half 4/10
Ryder- Pretty good tonight, showed Tomahawk who was boss! 6/10
Fletch- a little undisciplined tonight but carrying an injury 5/10
McPhee- very useful tonight, would have given him votes 7/10
Hislop- a lot to like about this boy, hopefully injury isn't serious 6/10
Nash- pretty good game, starting to cement a spot in defence 5/10
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Hislop Nash McPhee Watson were great IMO.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Before everyone gets into Johns, i can tell you from being at the game he was almost certainly our most benched player. When we had a full bench in the first 45 minutes, he was doing a lot of pine warming, and even in the second half he was still doing a lot of pine warming.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Before everyone gets into Johns, i can tell you from being at the game he was almost certainly our most benched player. When we had a full bench in the first 45 minutes, he was doing a lot of pine warming, and even in the second half he was still doing a lot of pine warming.
if thats true then i have to ask why? why bring him in if your gana do that to the guy. Lloyd would have played 100% and we brought Johns in cause lloyd wasn't playing so why was Johns on the bench?? geeez
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Disagree with your rating for Lovett - attitude-wise I wouldn't give him anything because I thought he was mouthing off to some of his team-mates at times in the second half. Poor!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Before everyone gets into Johns, i can tell you from being at the game he was almost certainly our most benched player. When we had a full bench in the first 45 minutes, he was doing a lot of pine warming, and even in the second half he was still doing a lot of pine warming.
if thats true then i have to ask why? why bring him in if your gana do that to the guy. Lloyd would have played 100% and we brought Johns in cause lloyd wasn't playing so why was Johns on the bench?? geeez
That actually is a great point. Tonight, of all the nights, would be the night to put Johns down forward and see what he could do. He won't get the chances he needs when Lloyd is in the team.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Peverill got a stack of it but he turned it over a lot.

MJ got smashed by Chapman.

McVeigh tried his heart out but when was forced to play everywhere while Ablett had rotations.

Lovett adds a lot but needs to get his head straight and stick to the basics. I.e. always using 2 hands.

Mal Michael got smashed and if Mooney had of kicked straighter.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Bomber_Fan wrote:Disagree with your rating for Lovett - attitude-wise I wouldn't give him anything because I thought he was mouthing off to some of his team-mates at times in the second half. Poor!
Exactly. Soft as butter, will not go anywhere near a contest, but is happy to yell at those who do when the don't hit him lace out on the chest after winning a hard ball get whilst pursued by a defender.

On a night when Rama typifies what your approach to the game should be, Lovett was an embarrassment to himself.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I thought Mcphee was terrible, has been below par for awhile. Fumbles and misreads play.

With Ramanauskas back we dont need NLM(thank god).

Hille had not imapct.

Im getting sick of Lucas playing fom behind. Stop cheating you f***.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

Big ticks:
Watson-possible candidate for capt after Lloyd
Hislop
Nash
Slattery
McPhee
Welsh
JJ-vintage performance.
McVeigh (tough gig on Ablett, who is freaking strong)
Pev, though needs to lose the shakes when pressing forward
Lovett-ran hard. wasnt happy when the game slipped away, but who wasnt.
Ryder
Rama. when his fitness returns, he still has the awareness to be a handy flanker.

Serviceable games
Hille
Laycock
Dyson
Davey

Game to forget
Lucas
Mal
Hird-just as he finds some space. was on target for a big one
Fletcher. How good is he though.
Johns. Needs to use those arms.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

nomolos wrote:I thought Mcphee was terrible, has been below par for awhile. Fumbles and misreads play.
Yeah he's out of sorts - needs to go back to basics and concentrate on the ball rather than trying to use his strength to push other players out of contest. I was pretty upset that Ling managed to outmark him at one point at centre-half forward - seems to be happening a lot now.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

dingus wrote:
Bomber_Fan wrote:Disagree with your rating for Lovett - attitude-wise I wouldn't give him anything because I thought he was mouthing off to some of his team-mates at times in the second half. Poor!
Exactly. Soft as butter, will not go anywhere near a contest, but is happy to yell at those who do when the don't hit him lace out on the chest after winning a hard ball get whilst pursued by a defender.

On a night when Rama typifies what your approach to the game should be, Lovett was an embarrassment to himself.
Dingus, I'm cool with him not going in for contests as he isn't that sort of player. What was the standout of Lovett's first year with our club? He would use his pace to run down players and tackle them exactly as Davey's doing this year. What the hell has happened to this facet of his game, it has gone absolutely downhill. And he definitely needs to prove himself before he start yelling at players for not hitting him lace out on the chest - he's no Richo yet!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

dingus wrote:Exactly. Soft as butter, will not go anywhere near a contest, but is happy to yell at those who do when the don't hit him lace out on the chest after winning a hard ball get whilst pursued by a defender.

John_G called it back in 2005 on the old BT. Thinks he's god's gift to the game and plays accordingly.

Should never have been picked for the 2005 International Rules series. That was around the time he got the peroxide tips in his hair, starting finding trouble off the field and playing up on it.

Serious concerns.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i like Dyson, he could be a good quick player he just needs to become smarter and more aware and he would be a good player
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Dyson did not do alot. I think to be fair, half the reason is that players dont kick it to him!
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Nash deserves more than 5/10 I think, Ms Mecuri.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Without having seen the game, the votes I heard on the radio (and the player ratings they gave) suggested that Watson was probably the best in and under player on the ground, and McVeigh was close to our best player for the night.

Watson's rating of 8/10 seems to agree with that, but McVeigh's 5???
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Nice to see Jobe's kicking improve - maybe it was just a confidence thing after all ...
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

How you gave Nash less than mark johnson who recieved the biggest bath iv'e seen from a player (chapman) in some time, i do not know. Were you watching the same game... Johnson was pitiful. Again.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I wouldn't know if this was true or not watching on TV - but he seems to go missing alot and seems to be pretty slack at times like going one-handed for the ball.