Dons v Pies free kick stats

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Dons v Pies free kick stats

Post by dom_105 »

Thought I would get the weekly umpire bitching thread going early this week.

I have come across some interesting statistics on Bigfooty regarding to the breakdown of free kicks between Collingwood and Essendon over the past few years,

Collingwood 14 - 12
Collingwood 14 - 11

Collingwood 22 - 14
Collingwood 18 - 17

Collingwood 18 - 14
Collingwood 21 - 12

Collingwood 14 - 6
Collingwood 16 - 11

Essendon 16 - 18
Essendon 21 - 24

Collingwood 12- 11
Draw 18 - 18

Collingwood 16 - 11
Collingwood 18 - 12

Collingwood 20 - 10

Total
Collingwood 258 - 201

Make of it what you will.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Did you steal that from Bigfooty?
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: Dons v Pies free kick stats

Post by dom_105 »

ealesy wrote:Did you steal that from Bigfooty?
Yep
dom_105 wrote:Thought I would get the weekly umpire bitching thread going early this week.

I have come across some interesting statistics on Bigfooty regarding to the breakdown of free kicks between Collingwood and Essendon over the past few years
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Interesting. More often than not, especially in recent seasons, if they get more free kicks - they win. Seems very heavily weighted in the filth's favour. Eddie got hold of an ear of someone higher up? The plot thickens. :?
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

If you go back another decade it only gets worse. Anzac Day 1996 was the ultimate in umpire crapness. 38-16 & they won by 2 goals.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

My prediction is that we will have 0 free kicks paid to half time today and then when the contest is dead the count will even up ending in a 62-14 count to the filth.

Go the Maggots!!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Why dont you analyse their draw over the last 10 years as well.

No doubt the AFL is doing their numbers and banking on Collingwood to do for the League waht ManUtd has done for the EPL.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

I reckon we got a good deal from the umps today, no complaints
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah today was as good as we have received all year
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Only because the AFL wanted a good game. Essendon and Collingwood - the 2 biggest clubs. Have to keep the fans' interest.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bombers_rock wrote:Only because the AFL wanted a good game. Essendon and Collingwood - the 2 biggest clubs. Have to keep the fans' interest.
makes you think how equal this competition really is doesn't it
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Its not about the numbers, becasue sometimes one team might jsut get more free kicks. Its the quality of the decisions paid. If you can prove Essendon got more incorrect decision against them than Collingwood, then you might have something.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Essendon4eva wrote:Its not about the numbers, becasue sometimes one team might jsut get more free kicks. Its the quality of the decisions paid. If you can prove Essendon got more incorrect decision against them than Collingwood, then you might have something.
Yeah, I'll pay that.
Today ended up 16-15 our way and we still got done by almost 5 goals, so I agree, it does come down a lot to the quality of the decisions. Position comes into that. It may be all square, but one team has got all theirs in their forward half, while the other team gets all theirs in the back half. Something I've noticed a bit with us.

Timing is also a big thing. It seems like the umpires like to give one team a lot of free kicks in the first half, that are very much there, but none to the other team. Then they simply even it up in the second half by paying ones, that are very much there, they didn't pay in the first half. The game is over (or close to it) so the free kicks make little difference.

I'd like to see stats on free kicks to half time and then the final free kick tally. I have a feeling the half time one would be very lop-sided.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=37626

The filth won by 29 points, yet their feral supporters still find something to bitch about and, surprise surprise, its the maggots. I don't think us BTers are that bad, are we? :?

Obviously the author of the thread hasn't got a clue. The free kick count was 16-15 our way. 1 more free kick doesn't make a difference. Even 10 more probably wouldn't have given us the game. Glad some of them have a clue and recognise it.

Morons can't even get Sheeds' name right.... "Sheady"? He's a bigger name in football than Brick Shithouse will ever be and has been a topic in the media for weeks, yet they can't get his name right.

Oh yeah, silly me - they probably can't even read the name of the newspaper, let alone anything in "fine print". ;)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

HAHA what a bunch of girls.... and someone is trying to label us Essenscum..... wanker

i wanna sign up and laugh at them
Dr P
Top Up Player

Post by Dr P »

Interesting in another thread they reckon R. Walls hates them and barracked for "bummers"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

They umpired very well yesterday. They made them earn a free kick, and let play go on at all costs. Their were some wrong decisions, but you will always get that in matches. Quite a few times their were comments from both supporters saying "good umpiring, just let it go". Of course their were also idiots just screaming after every decision as well....
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Jazz_84 wrote:HAHA what a bunch of girls.... and someone is trying to label us Essenscum..... wanker
Yeah, if we're Essenscum, what do they Carlscum? We can't both be the scum.
i wanna sign up and laugh at them
A few years ago I signed up and had a troll. Quite amusing really. Can't remember what I said, but it must've hit a nerve, they came out firing. I think I got myself banned. ;)
Dr P wrote:Interesting in another thread they reckon R. Walls hates them and barracked for "bummers"
Yes, I found that one rather interesting too. We think he hates us, they think he hates them. Maybe he just hates every team, but everyone thinks he hates their team more. The only one he probably doesn't hate is 16thmond, although, probably just feels sorry for them more than anything. ;)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Hmmmm, less than four frees per game difference over the last 15 games.

Hardly anything to whinge about.

This sort of argument pisses me off anyway. Why the f*** does the free kick count have to be even? What if one team plays dirty, even just for 10 minutes? Or what if one team continuously puts their heads over the footy and gets tackled high?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.