Dyson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Dyson

Post by robbie67 »

We cant afford to let a player with this much talent go. He just has to start getting that same belief that Winderlich has discovered, and he will be an elite player.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Absolutely robbie. Couldn't agree more.
If we let Sheeds go we'd be mad. He's picked up some good kids - and that's just what they are at the moment, kids. Let him continue to do what he's trying to do. Sheeds has delivered us flags, he will do so again if given the chance. The kids just need to get some experience, confidence and belief behind them and we're looking at the future Champions of Essendon. If they play a couple of shockers, drop them to the VFL for a week or 2, that's what it's there for, then bring them back. They'll only be better for it.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Finally everyone else is seeing what ive been seeing all year, im so happy he showed his worth today, and can only get better

is he signed up for 2008?
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Jazz_84 wrote:is he signed up for 2008?
If he's not, get out the BICs on Monday morning. ;)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Jazz_84 wrote:Finally everyone else is seeing what ive been seeing all year, im so happy he showed his worth today, and can only get better

I hope you're not including me in that group.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Finally everyone else is seeing what ive been seeing all year, im so happy he showed his worth today, and can only get better

I hope you're not including me in that group.
na mate just everyone thats put crap on him all year long, they know who they are
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I said this a few weeks ago. Dyson needs a string of games in the AFl to realy devlop. In the VFL every second week wasn't going to help him. But a game every week untill the end of the season diffinatly will.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Didn't see the game today, how'd he go? Stats wise, how his opponent go etc?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

well i was one of those people that suggested that Dyson's career at windy hill was over, i didn't see the game today but from what i have heard he had another good one. If he keeps playing like that his career will be certain for the next two years!!!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

He didn't steal teh show or anything like that, but he showed enough to say he has a future in the AFL.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

He'd be a good player in a good team, or more specifically would be a good player in a good midfield - chuck Dyson in Geelong and he'd get plenty of it. Unfortunately for young Ricky, we are not a good team and we've had a shit midfield for 3 years, and that's likely to be the case for at least a few more years.

He will obviously be retained this year because there's 6 or 7 others who ought to be delisted before Dyson.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

When he kicked that goal in the last quarter taking on two pies splitting the middle of them and then goal from 50 out, the first thing that came to my head was how much it looked like something Judd would do. Now before you go crazy at me :P I'm not saying I expect or that he ever will be as good/nearly as good as Judd, but he does have something special about him that I'm excited about.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He will be a star no matter where he plays... Hopefully in the red and black for another 10 years
Dr P
Top Up Player

Post by Dr P »

He is an average player. No super star
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

His last 2 weeks have been very good. It's a platform where he can build on his confidence and experience. I was losing faith in the guy, but as you say Rob, the same situation occurred with Winderlich. Hope Dyson continues with his development.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Yeh, loved it when he split the middle, past the two magpies, and goaled. First thing i thought was why cant he do that more often! I havn't slagged Dyson off, but have been waiting for him to ttake the next step. Seem like he is doing it, but still a long way to go! Hopefully he makes it!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I've been saying it all year. Give him some decent game time and he can be very good. Great pace and loves to kick a goal. (Kicked an important one late against Richmond too).

When Winderlich is back , I'm hoping they can both play, making the midfield quicker than it has been for years. EDIT - And Dempsey as well. :D

Also, how quickly many of you have forgotten last year. It was the same story as this year. He started the season in the 2s and then didn't get game time, but when he was put on, he did well.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He has a long way to go.

He played an OK game with a moment of brilliance. He has done this his whole career.

He is talented, but his work rate is nowhere near what it should be.

One goal is ok. One tackle for someone of his pace is unacceptable
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Playing every second game in the VFL wont help him get any better now will it?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:He has a long way to go.

He played an OK game with a moment of brilliance. He has done this his whole career.

He is talented, but his work rate is nowhere near what it should be.

One goal is ok. One tackle for someone of his pace is unacceptable
That's the part which he needs to work on considerably. I said that several weeks ago (I think it was Anzac Day). Appeared to be on the "soft" side, but there was evidence of "aggression" on Saturday which was good to see.