Knees Up

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Knees Up

Post by rockhole »

Who was the little Collingwood germ that dropped the knees into Welshy. ??

Has he been cited. ??

Where is the TV evidence?? Conveniently disappeared on the replay.

It's no wonder we feel paranoid when our blokes are done for innocuous bumps and flea bite flicks to the chest. I want blood!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

You're not referring to the incident where Welsh went stumbling head first into an opponent are you?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:You're not referring to the incident where Welsh went stumbling head first into an opponent are you?
That's the one!! Welshy elevated himself from a prone position and launched himself at the germ's knee, possibly causing a reconstruction.
Will most likely get life!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:You're not referring to the incident where Welsh went stumbling head first into an opponent are you?
That's the one!! Welshy elevated himself from a prone position and launched himself at the germ's knee, possibly causing a reconstruction.
Will most likely get life!!
To the naked eye from where I was sitting I thought it was accidental and was brought about by Welsh himself. I couldn't even see a free kick in it. I need to look at it again for my opinion to change.....
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

nah there was another incident guys

don`t remember exactly when...but the commentators made mention of it. Channel 10 went to the replay but it conveniently started after the incident had already taken place

I`m guessing that`s the one you mean rockhole?
Last edited by Gyoza on Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Was it Didak he was wrestling with at one stage?
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

there was an incident with maxwell (f***** hate that guy with a passion) and welsh were maxwell, like a coward, charged into welsh while he wasnt looking and eventuall turned into abit of a scuffle.

thats what it looked like from what i saw, the camera angle was pretty ordinary and channel 10 didnt bother showing it much.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Yeah I remember the commentary team mentioning that - it was that mongrel Heath Shaw. Guess the pressure of having a tagger is getting a tad too much for him. They never actually showed the incident as it was behind play. Channel 10 conveniently didn't show a replay (but I don't need to see a replay to know the Filth are capable of dirty shit like that!). But if it was an Essendon player, you can bet they would have shown it from a thousand different angles. So guess Eddie must have got the cheque book out.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

No, channel 10 is so far up Robert Wall's arse its not funny. When ever a bad umpiring decision goes Essendon's way Walls gets hundreds of replays and rants like its the end of teh world. When its against Essendon he couldn't care less and we get one replay.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Bomber_Fan wrote:Yeah I remember the commentary team mentioning that - it was that mongrel Heath Shaw. Guess the pressure of having a tagger is getting a tad too much for him. They never actually showed the incident as it was behind play. Channel 10 conveniently didn't show a replay (but I don't need to see a replay to know the Filth are capable of dirty shit like that!). But if it was an Essendon player, you can bet they would have shown it from a thousand different angles. So guess Eddie must have got the cheque book out.
You are right, BF. It was Heath Shaw. I was lucky enough to be in the members and it was right in front of me. Shaw dropped both knees into Welshy who leapt to his feet and started the old push and shove. Quartermain obviously saw it and got very animated, but as you have gathered, no footage. I cannot believe that with all the coverage available, this was not picked up as it was not all that far behind play. It was worth, at a minimum, 1 week.