Caro's Crap

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Caro's Crap

Post by rockhole »

The quote below is from Caro's piece in the Age this morning.

"Horsburgh, an unashamed Sheedy fan, had come to realise this in recent weeks after taking counsel from, among others, senior players who persuaded him the next generation needed a new leader with a new message."

There is a strong insinuation that the "Senior Players" had withdrawn their support of Sheedy. This is an appalling accusation and she should substantiate it by naming who had suggested that the message was not getting through. Having assisted the media frenzy which I have no doubt contributed to the great man's demise, she now seeks to drive a wedge into the club by making unsubstantiated accusations which place a slur on unamed senior players.

I have never despised an individual so much as this sorry excuse for a human being and I wonder if, perhaps one day, she may look at her life and try to fathom what, if any, purpose it has served.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Just more garbage from someone who would be right at home in the cast of Wizard of Oz. I think she played the wicked witch of the east.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I thought she made it pretty clear and named at least one of the players she "thought" had been involved.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Who? Which player?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Offcourse Caroline didn't name a single player. Just like she didn't name a single player when she wrote the garbage about Geelong last year.

Caroline Wislon diffinatly is a great writer though. SHe just didn't know the difference betweena fiction writer and a non-fiction writer.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Cheap media whore
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

BenDoolan wrote:Cheap media whore
How ever did you restrain yourself BD. That's putting it nicely! ;)

After listening to it on 3AW on the weekend, I realised what a something that words can't describe IT (I fail to see how it's human) is.

IT can dish it out good, but anyone rings in with an objection - "nup don't agree" or "that's your opinion". Never seemed to address the actual question/comment - just came out with some worthless response. Typical Walls agreed with IT 9 times out of 10.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

It's a F****** disgrace. The media have gunning for Sheedy all year and now they've finally got him, they aren't content just dancing on his grave they are now making up bullshit stories about him being knifed in the back by the playing group.

Hell Freo, Melbourne and Carlton have done exactly the same thing, oh wait Carlton actually gave Pagan the arse, and we hear about how graceful and dignified the whole experience has been at these clubs.

Essendon simply makes it public that they won't be renewing Sheedy's contract at the end of the year, and they are jumping up and down as if it's the biggest screwjob of all time.

f****** pathetic!!
Last edited by ealesy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

I heard on SEN this morning that Hirdy and a few other senior players 'gate-crashed' a restaurant dinner that Kev was having last night to lend him some support. Doesn't sound the sort of thing you would do if you hated the bloke ...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Although intersetingly other reports suggest that certain senior players made noises at the infamous pre-season retreat that set the ball in motion.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I normally have a fair bit of time for Caro HOWEVER on the Sheedy question she has disgusted me as much as the likes of Hutchinson. Its pretty clear what her motivation is - she wants Sheedy at Richmond and she always had.

I cant believe she would cast aspersions on anyone in the playing group like this. :(
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I just rang the Age and made a complaint about that statement in her front page piece.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

MH_Bomber wrote:I just rang the Age and made a complaint about that statement in her front page piece.
What did they say??

By the way can we stop putting anything about this gutterfish in the serious section ??
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

My blood boiled when I read that. Gutless and will never be called to account for it.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

bomberdonnie wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:I just rang the Age and made a complaint about that statement in her front page piece.
What did they say??

By the way can we stop putting anything about this gutterfish in the serious section ??
They said they'd pass it on to a complaint section for readers.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I've heard of one possible player but I'm not going to say it. My source isn't concrete and it is speculation - although it makes sense.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I've just sent this off to the Age news desk;

To who it may concern,

I was thoroughly disgusted with something written by your so called chief football writer Caroline Wilson. I normally think she's quite balanced in her analysis but this time she has gone too far !!!!

To quote ; "
"Horsburgh, an unashamed Sheedy fan, had come to realise this in recent weeks after taking counsel from, among others, senior players who persuaded him the next generation needed a new leader with a new message."

I simply do not believe she could write such arrant nonsense. There is NO WAY KNOWN senior players would have said anything of the sort. This is gutter sniping at its worst. Can you please let her know that Essendon supporters are livid about what she has written. She has cast aspersions on all the senior players at Essendon by the innuedo. It looks to me like she's too gutless to name names because she probably be sued.

If she thinks this is a way of getting Sheedy to Richmond then she should think again.

I want a retraction and a "We Were Wrong" about this tawdry insinuation.

Regards,
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The rumours are that Lloyd thought it was time for a change and so did a couple of other players.

Its garbage, its just that ugly hag trying to ensure that Sheeds loves Richmond more than Essendon.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:The rumours are that Lloyd thought it was time for a change and so did a couple of other players.
Lloyd looked shattered at the press conference, there is no way he ever thought that, surely!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Caro's Crap

Post by grassy1 »

They NEVER name sources.They keep it SQUARE under their Hat.

Whatever happens out of all this,the Coaches and Players now need to FOCUS and WIN as often as possible.

Let's get back to work. :wink: