Will The Trend Continue?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Will The Trend Continue?

Post by BenDoolan »

This has been a season where we have lost games we were expected to win, and naturally, we have won games most have expected us to lose. So, will the trend continue this week? Most would agree that this is an expected loss against Freo at Subi. I haven't completely given up on them just yet. There is one final shot to be fired IMO, and it needs to be on Sunday.

I reckon Lloydy will come out with all guns blazing this week and the rest of the group will lift accordingly. If not, it's curtains for 2007. Reality says we will get belted - we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games. But with a savage attack on the footy (and opponent), anything can happen.

I would love to see both Johnson's being used as battering rams against those areshole Carr brothers. No doubt, they will be targetting Jobe in the centre with their off the ball sniping. Our guys need to fire up and stop taking shit from these guys (maybe NLM will actually knock their teeth out this time).

Our problems for this match are;

- Pavlich
- Tarrant (was pretty good earlier this year - too quick for Mal)
- Peter Bell
- Paul Haselby (killed us last time)
- Farmer (could turn it on)
- The shitbox Carr's
- Mark Harvey (virtually ALWAYS a Sheedy apprentice wins first up)
- Our players attitude (if it's like last week - forget it!)

It's gonna be nigh on impossible, but there is a miniscule chance I reckon.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

hopefully i am wrong but we'll go down by about 6 goals i reckon.

will try hard but will struggle on the bigger ground.

i will be there so will do my best to lift the boys
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:hopefully i am wrong but we'll go down by about 6 goals i reckon.

will try hard but will struggle on the bigger ground.

i will be there so will do my best to lift the boys
Take a slingshot and a few ball bearings and get Josh & Matthew for me please :wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Seeing as we cant make the finals, can we instruct NLM to give another round house to the carr brothers?

Perhaps Johns could, it will be the most useful thing he has done all year.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

As much as I hate to admit it, I think our biggest problem will be the match up with Pavlich (in case you don't know, I can't stand the wanker) as Mal won't have the motor to go with him and Fletch will lack the strength in one on ones.

I would think that McPhee is the match up for Tarrant as he can macth Tarrant both in the air and on the ground.

Freo's midfield is nothing special (in terms of pace) so we shouldn't get carved up there this week.

Now.....if our two key forwards play as forwards and not as wingmen, we might have a chance....but that's a big if on recent efforts :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think we need to worry more about Pavlich than Tarrant. I would rather he have 5 shoots at goal than Pavlich.

Mcphee, in the physical sense, is a good match up.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Even I find it hard to see a window to victory for this one after last week. It would take the biggest form turnaround in history to do it. I for the first time ever wll be tipping against us.

Having said that.....

The plus side:

We play well against Freo. I still have wonderful memories of a certain Finals win, which was the only game they'd lost over there all year.

A victory puts us back in the finals race.

The only real hope i have, is we show some fire. They will try to intimidate us like they did the toasters last week. I want us to fly the flag and give as good as they get and show they still have the heart to play this game.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

For those looking for a glimmer of hope, here's a stat for you:

The Shockers have only won 1/7 games the week after beating the eagles [-o<
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe they will be flat this week, who knows?

But the way we played last week, our skill level was f****** deplorable.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:Maybe they will be flat this week, who knows?

But the way we played last week, our skill level was f****** deplorable.
That was our worst performance since Adelaide last year.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Could Bolton come in and play on Pavlich. He has played on him before and done well, maybe that was just a once off.
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Re: Will The Trend Continue?

Post by jayden1990 »

BenDoolan wrote:This has been a season where we have lost games we were expected to win, and naturally, we have won games most have expected us to lose. So, will the trend continue this week? Most would agree that this is an expected loss against Freo at Subi. I haven't completely given up on them just yet. There is one final shot to be fired IMO, and it needs to be on Sunday.

I reckon Lloydy will come out with all guns blazing this week and the rest of the group will lift accordingly. If not, it's curtains for 2007. Reality says we will get belted - we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games. But with a savage attack on the footy (and opponent), anything can happen.

I would love to see both Johnson's being used as battering rams against those areshole Carr brothers. No doubt, they will be targetting Jobe in the centre with their off the ball sniping. Our guys need to fire up and stop taking shit from these guys (maybe NLM will actually knock their teeth out this time).

- Pavlich
- Peter Bell
- The shitbox Carr's

Nether mark or jason are playing !!... even though MJ has had a poor season i think he needs to be played on the ball like in 05 when he had a great season an kicked 30 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Will The Trend Continue?

Post by BenDoolan »

jayden1990 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:This has been a season where we have lost games we were expected to win, and naturally, we have won games most have expected us to lose. So, will the trend continue this week? Most would agree that this is an expected loss against Freo at Subi. I haven't completely given up on them just yet. There is one final shot to be fired IMO, and it needs to be on Sunday.

- Pavlich
- Peter Bell
- The shitbox Carr's

Nether mark or jason are playing !!... even though MJ has had a poor season i think he needs to be played on the ball like in 05 when he had a great season an kicked 30 goals
Yeah, I think we'll get smashed now. Although one of the wanker Carr brothers isn't playing - Matthew. I don't mind players who are out of forme get dropped, but how Monfries still gets a game is perplexing. Who plays on him will be best on ground.
Last edited by BenDoolan on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Who played on Pavlich the first time we met the Dockers at the TD this season??

I agree that perhaps it was a mistake to leave Johnno out this week considering the tough nuts in the Freo line up. We have to dominate in the ruck as the Dockers will be without Longmuir and Sandilands.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I just looked at the freo team and it said that Matthew Carr is out injured. One less we need to worry about. :D
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

We will probably get Tarrant into form. He'll kick 5.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Is it the Sunday Twilight game?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

dom_105 wrote:Is it the Sunday Twilight game?
Yep unfortunately. I will have to listen to dodgy SEN. :?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

SEN is far beter than that old geezer on 3AW. Way past it, time to get the rods out Rexy and retire.

As for Gus, I would have dropped him as well as dropped MJ.

Let gus play the remainder of the year in the 2's, gotta make sure his confidence isnt shot to pieces by the end of the year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm confuzzed :? The AFL Record says the game is at 2.40pm so it's not a twilight game......or are you assuming it's a twilight game because it will start at 4.40pm in Melbourne?