The team

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

The team

Post by rama_fan »

IN: Gumbleton, Reimers, Dyson, Campo
OUT: Mark Johnson
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

About time Johnson was dropped.

Would have prefered Houli or Hocking in before Campo but oh well.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Bench is: campo, dyson, hille, watson, peverill, johns, rama
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Good to see Reimers getting a game...might as well have a look at him before the season ends and in front of his family etc
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Campo instead of Houli - are you f****** kidding me Sheeds?

What a f****** disgrace.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We're gonna get thrashed.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

f*** oath we are ben.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Campo was best on ground for mine til he was injured against the Dogs.

I agree though that Houli is a bit stiff.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

tonysoprano wrote:Campo instead of Houli - are you f****** kidding me Sheeds?

What a f****** disgrace.
It is a extended bench, so there is no guarantee Campo is actually in the side. According to an earlier post, Campo is part of that extended bench.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I think Campo is a good inclusion. He should have a field day on the wide open spaces out West. Our skill last week was horrible, I'd imagine he's been bought in to remedy this.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:I think Campo is a good inclusion. He should have a field day on the wide open spaces out West. Our skill last week was horrible, I'd imagine he's been bought in to remedy this.
Seeing that his effective disposal % is less than most.....
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Boyler_Room wrote:Campo was best on ground for mine til he was injured against the Dogs.

I agree though that Houli is a bit stiff.
I agree, i doubt that Campo will play though. I think the bench will be Hille, Dyson, Watson and Pev. Rama will be rested and Johns and Campo play with the twos on sunday.

Bendigo has no excuse not to win this week, they have players like JJ, Johnno, Bolts, Houli, Dempsey and perhaps Campo and Johns playing for them!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Glad to see that it only took the selection committee 10 weeks more than most of us to recognise that Mark Johnson is seriously battling.

Good luck to Reimers. He's a stringbean so one hopes that, should he play, his teammates will make sure he gets a bit of protection.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Johnno has had a disappointing year but i think Monfries would have been a better choice to be dropped this week. We will miss Johnno's toughness against Josh Carr and Solly just to name two.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

I was never expecting Hird to make the trip to Perth, but how far away is he from playing? Any chance for next week? I seriously doubt we'll make finals, which means only 3 more games - assuming he plays next week.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

2QIK4U wrote:I was never expecting Hird to make the trip to Perth, but how far away is he from playing? Any chance for next week? I seriously doubt we'll make finals, which means only 3 more games - assuming he plays next week.
I wouldn't let him anywhere near Subiaco - he always ends up in hospital.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If we lose this week, then he will only play against Richmond, ensuring that he gets to his farwell match.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:Campo instead of Houli - are you f****** kidding me Sheeds?

What a f****** disgrace.
It is a extended bench, so there is no guarantee Campo is actually in the side. According to an earlier post, Campo is part of that extended bench.
that may be true but...

Houli isn't on that extended bench - hence my exasperation / dismay / anger / fury / disillusionment / despondency etc.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Good to see Reimers getting a go. May as well see how the kids go in the big time. We're still in contention for the finals - just - so we do have something to lose. But by bringing in the kids, giving them some experience, hopefully gives a big boost to their development and become better players out of it.

I, too, am surprised and a bit disappointed Houli's not back. As he's continually in Bendigo's best, and with Essendon losing so easily (too easily), I don't know what he's gotta do to get a gig.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm not too bothered by that team. It's possibly as good as it can get at the moment. We are still a shot for the 8, so they need to continue to play for it.

Gumby for #2 and Reimers for his debut are two significant in's and may be why Campo has been named as some experienced balance. Doubt he'll play though. No surprise that Houli is in the 2's considering those 2 inclusions.

Congratulations to young Kyle...I hope he does well in front of family and friends...same for Gumby.