Bendigo vs Williamstown

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Bendigo vs Williamstown

Post by 2QIK4U »

Bendigo Bombers 5.2 8.7 15.9 21.10 (136)
Williamstown 2.4 2.11 9.11 12.15 (87)

GOALS:
Bendigo Bombers: Bradley 5 Bolton 3 Neagle 3 Lee 2 Camporeale 2 Weeks 2 Hocking Johnson Chartres Heffernan
Williamstown: Rose 5 Davies 2 Rusling 2 Iles Nicholls Stanley

BEST:
Bendigo Bombers: Jolley Johnson Bradley Heffernan Camporeale Houli
Williamstown: Davies Richards Rose Johnson Rusling Nicholls

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Bendigo Bombers: Nil
Williamstown: Nil
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

And yet last week when brought into the seniors Bradley is put into the backline??!! :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mark Johnson 37 disposals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Mark Johnson 37 disposals
As he should have in a vfl game. Obviously Johnno and Houli would have to be instant inclusions this week maybe even Campo. I also can't believe that when in the seniors Bradley is played back, he has played all this year up forward and on the wing for Bendigo, that is obviously where he plays his better footy.

IN MJ and Houli
OUT Dyson and Reimers (did some nice stuff but i would rather have Houli in the team)

Now that finals are all but gone for the seniors, lets hope Bendigo can beat Casey next week and get into the eight.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Well, at least some Bombers won today.
ealesy wrote:And yet last week when brought into the seniors Bradley is put into the backline??!! :shock:
Makes no sense, does it? :|
Mrs Mercuri wrote:IN MJ and Houli
OUT Dyson and Reimers
Yep, they'd be my choices too.
Houli though :?: I'll believe it when I see it. Been in Bendigo's best for weeks, yet he still can't get a game in the seniors. It's a joke.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Do you reckon Welsh may be dropped this week?? He didn't have much of an impact today and gave away two 50m penalties?? With the season gone do you think another young guy might get a game maybe Lee or Neagle??
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Do you reckon Welsh may be dropped this week?? He didn't have much of an impact today and gave away two 50m penalties?? With the season gone do you think another young guy might get a game maybe Lee or Neagle??
na no point dropping welsh, he is young and needs the experience
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Do you reckon Welsh may be dropped this week?? He didn't have much of an impact today and gave away two 50m penalties?? With the season gone do you think another young guy might get a game maybe Lee or Neagle??
Yeah i guess your right, but he cretainly doesn't wat too many games like that in a row, he is out of contract at years end. As is Lovey and Natrat.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

I actually think put campo in the side, and let him retire against carlton.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Hocking will play by the end of the year.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ZRS wrote:I actually think put campo in the side, and let him retire against carlton.
yeah you could almost say if he plays this week against carlton, that means this is his last year... BUT can't really say that until we have a new coach and he decides i guess
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Errr, Welsh made his debut in about 2002 I think and has played over 100 games. Experienced enough already. Can't comment on whether he was good or bad this week but 2 50s is unacceptable.

I'd bring in Hocking and Houli for Dyson and Reimers, give MJ one more week to ensure he is back in form.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

There should be no talk about Welsh being dropped. His effort where he got crunched by Johnson on the wing yesterday happened right in front of where I was sitting...he knew it was going to happen and he probably knew he was going to get hurt but he still went for the ball whereas a few of his team mates on the day didn't show the same level of committment.

That's the sort of effort that should be applauded and used as an example for others.

Apart from that, I thought he played OK.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Reimers should get another game as he showed something. I don't see any point in bringing in a young player for their first game and then dropping them after they did some nice things, we need to let these young players develop in the seniors instead of having them run around at Bendigo. The more experience they get now the better for them and the club when we are pushing for a flag in a few years time.

It would be good to see Bradley play up forward but who gets dropped for him? A forward line with four talls (Lloyd, Lucas, Gumbelton and Bradley) wouldn't work.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:It would be good to see Bradley play up forward but who gets dropped for him? A forward line with four talls (Lloyd, Lucas, Gumbelton and Bradley) wouldn't work.
I agree, but I'll give you 4 names: Franklin, Roughead, Boyle, Dixon.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

j-mac wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:It would be good to see Bradley play up forward but who gets dropped for him? A forward line with four talls (Lloyd, Lucas, Gumbelton and Bradley) wouldn't work.
I agree, but I'll give you 4 names: Franklin, Roughead, Boyle, Dixon.
I'll give you one name: Dean Wallis. Four talls in our forward line would be an absolute disaster.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

IN MJ and Houli
OUT Dyson and Reimers (did some nice stuff but i would rather have Houli in the team)
Ditto that.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Why the rush to bring MJ back in? he is finished, play the kids for the final three weeks of the year.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:Why the rush to bring MJ back in? he is finished, play the kids for the final three weeks of the year.
And also, he should have at least 2 weeks in the 2s to ensure he is back in form anyway.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

j-mac wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Why the rush to bring MJ back in? he is finished, play the kids for the final three weeks of the year.
And also, he should have at least 2 weeks in the 2s to ensure he is back in form anyway.
One of the positives of sheedy getting another job is that he will no doubt take Mark Johnson with him.