Fascinating next week...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Fascinating next week...

Post by Lloyd is King »

ESSENDON v CARLTON

We are rubbish. Full stop. Carlton are streets better at the moment. They are genuinely having a go and falling just short every week.

Going by that, and their excellent record agaisnt Essendon, Carlton are certainties to win.

But if they do, they lose their precious priority prick.

If Carlton are tanking, it will be confirmed if we win next week.

We simply can't win unless Carlton give us some help.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Re: Fascinating next week...

Post by uptick »

Lloyd is King wrote:ESSENDON v CARLTON

We are rubbish. Full stop. Carlton are streets better at the moment. They are genuinely having a go and falling just short every week.

Going by that, and their excellent record agaisnt Essendon, Carlton are certainties to win.

Play the kids, and coach as usual, and at least Carlscum loose the priority pick, I actually would like that to happen, looks like we're the "fall guy" to ensure it does.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Fev will kick 8, Scotland will rack up 39 touches and we will lose by 52pts after being in it at HT
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Totally agree. If they can't beat us, they're definitely tanking it.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

DYSON#2 wrote:Fev will kick 8, Scotland will rack up 39 touches and we will lose by 52pts after being in it at HT
This is certainly looking like happening. If the boys are serious about lifting for Hirdy and Sheeds then whether Carl tank or not we should win. but we have a lot of improvement to do this week if that is any chance of happening.

My little sis will be at thie game with skool (onloy her second afl game ever) so im hoping for her sake that the boys do us proud!!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

what concerns me the most is how unfit we obviously are. cannot and have not played 4 quarters for ages.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:Carlton are streets better at the moment.
Don't know about streets. Maybe a corner or 2.
They are genuinely having a go and falling just short every week.
Nah, that's just to keep their "supporters" interested. I can't see next year being any massive improvement on this one, unless a lot changes and they have a huge pre-season and come out firing.
Absolutely.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Are you serious? Have you paid attention to the trend this year? We go through a patch of playing great football, then we fall off the boil, then we get back up again. A certainty to lose? I do not think so.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:

Are you serious? Have you paid attention to the trend this year? We go through a patch of playing great football, then we fall off the boil, then we get back up again. A certainty to lose? I do not think so.
We've lost 5 out of the last 6 games in case you haven't noticed. The last two with a combined 21 goals.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Is my account on our trend right or wrong? Have we been up and down?
Are we a certainty to lose to Carlton? Many peopel said we had no chance against Sydney, West Coast and Adelaide(both time), yet we won.

Oh we lost to the Hawks, a top four team, and to Freo away from home. Hawks would have been dissapointed leading into finals to beat us by any less than 10 goals. And Freo, only last week beat a full-streangth (or close to it) West Coast Eagles.
Are you saying Carlton are as good as they are?

So I think I am right if I say you guys are all over reacting by saying we will only beat Carlton if they let us.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Is my account on our trend right or wrong? Have we been up and down?
Are we a certainty to lose to Carlton? Many peopel said we had no chance against Sydney, West Coast and Adelaide(both time), yet we won.

Oh we lost to the Hawks, a top four team, and to Freo away from home. Hawks would have been dissapointed leading into finals to beat us by any less than 10 goals. And Freo, only last week beat a full-streangth (or close to it) West Coast Eagles.

So I think I am right if I say you guys are all over reacting by saying we will only beat Carlton if they let us.
So what happened in Round 3 this year?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Are you serious? We lost in round three so we have no chance this time? I thought you were smarter than that.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Are you serious? We lost in round three so we have no chance this time? I thought you were smarter than that.
Have a look at the last 5 f****** years then. While Carlton have been collecting wooden spoons, they have constantly given us the shits. We have won only 3 games to their 5 and a draw. Crap.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

SO that meaans we have zero chance of beating them?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:SO that meaans we have zero chance of beating them?
No, we have a great chance because they DON'T WANT TO WIN.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

I am saying Carlton have a go. They have been very good the last 3 weeks for no wins.

Even if Essendon were having a go the last few weeks (not including the Adelaide game), it hasn't been obvious because we have been bloody horrible.

1st half vs Collingwood was disgusting.
1st half vs Hawks was disgusting.
2nd half vs Freo was disgusting.

Carlton have no pressure on them to play finals. They are just going out and having a go. They have pace, they have a potent forward line and they have had the wood on us since 2001. We've won 1 of the last 6 games against them. Just pathetic considering that Carlton have won the last two spoons. F*** that s***.

Oh yeh and Round 3 this year. We were 48 pts up, against a crappy Carlton side. We lost.

I am never, ever, ever again, going to take any lead for granted. Ever.

Carlton might not be certainties, but just because of who they are, they are the logical winners next week.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Essendon4eva wrote:Is my account on our trend right or wrong? Have we been up and down?

Two 63 point drubbings and 5 scoring shots in a half of football today kind of suggest a new trend...one where we are shit.

I like your optimism, but to try and suggest the last couple of weeks are just part of the way the season has been going and not a dramatic dip downwards is nonsense.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Fascinating isn`t how I would describe next week. For the first time in a while I`m not looking forward to the footy at all.

Only two possible things can come out of next week...relief or disappointment (you could probably throw anger in there as a possibility too).

Maybe I`ll cheer up around Wednesday or Thursday, but for now I`m dreading this game.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BomberinJapan wrote:

Two 63 point drubbings and 5 scoring shots in a half of football today kind of suggest a new trend...one where we are shit.

I like your optimism, but to try and suggest the last couple of weeks are just part of the way the season has been going and not a dramatic dip downwards is nonsense.
What I am suggesting is that this season at the drop of the hat are intensity will change and we will play beter football.
This is what I do not get about this board. Wehn we play well, I see threads ranting about being top 4 and top 8. Then when we play bad, it is the complete contrast.
There is a difference between being bad, good or great and playing bad, good or great. We are good playing bad. Carlton is shit playing good. We are playing below ourselves and they are playing above themselves.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

E4E let the grouches vent their spleen, it's cathartic.