Stupid!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Stupid!

Post by sconsey »

The tribunal is deciding whether Campbell Brown should be penalised for admitting that he lied to the tribunal so that Judd wouldn't get suspended for eye gouging!
Maybe they should of just suspended the protected species in the first place with the video footage they had! It was plain to see he was guilty. I like Judd as a footy player, but it was obvious that he should have been suspended!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Umpire said he heard Brown say that he had been gouged.
Video showed that Judds fingers were in Browns eyes.

But because Brown would never lie, they believed him.

They should suspend Brown and sack those jury members.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Should suspend Judd too...pretty sure there is no such thing as double jeopardy in the AFL tribunal system is there??
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think asking for Judd to be suspended now is a bit extreme. It isn't his fault Brown lied.

I think what they SHOULD do is fine Brown heavily and perhaps reassess how they use video evidence. In many situations such as that one, the video does not lie.

Then again in saying that, sometimes the video can give misinformation, and if they were they to throw that one out due to video, they'll only f*** it up and throw another one out later that they shouldn't.

Tribunial. Humph.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

Hird lied in the dunkley case... 96. That was the worst decision ever.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Like I have always said. CORRUPTION.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I nearly fell "off the couch" when i heard Brown say that last night.
It was a fairly blatant admission and one in which i didn't think i would ever hear. I know how anal the AFL can be and as soon as i heard what he said - i thought - your gone buddy.!
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Too late Ferris.HORSE HAS WELL and TRULY BOLTED.

JUDD should have gone for EYE GOUGING and BROWN for Lying then.And the Tribunal needs yet another KICK UP THE ARSE for SWALLOWING his Nonsense.

The AFL said in the early 90's,they were going to Crack down on Witness or Victim LYING!It may have been in'95,when WORSFOLD did his best BOSTON STRANGLER impersonation on WHISKAS!Wonder what WHISKAS remembered?Not much if memory serves.

Perhaps earlier?
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Apparently, according to rule number 1000000000005601.1, if any witness is found to be lieing when given evidence, the tribunal can penalise the player with whatever they feel neccesary. The tribunal wont like looking like dickheads, even though they do a good job at it themselves. So I'd say they might throw everything at him including the kitchen sink!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Where does this leave Judd?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Perth
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Judd case should be re-opened and Brown should go for the season. Not only did he lie, but he was show-boating it. Anyone that goes on T.V and openly admits to lieing to the tribunal should be oasted for being an idiot.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Not judds fault that Brown lied. Judd is (should be) free, but Brown should be suspended.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Isn't Judd just as bad anyway as he lied as well.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Exactly Robrulz5.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Megan wrote:I think asking for Judd to be suspended now is a bit extreme. It isn't his fault Brown lied.
I would like to pull you up on that, because it is Judd's fault Brown lied. Brown was called as a "DEFENCE" witness...he wasn't called by the AFL Prosecutors or whatever they are. They had damning video footage of Chris "the sun shines out my arse" Judd sticking his stinking fingers in another players eyes.

The only thing in question was whether it was deliberate or accidental and how much damage it did, and the only thing that should've been considered is the number of weeks he was going to get.

Now the Eagles ask Brown to testify knowing full well that he was going to tow the players' unwritten code and say that there was nothing in it. To me that is basically the Eagles COERCING Brown to lie, rather than being labelled as a squealing grass in player's circles.

Suddenly you have the victim saying "nah didn't happen" just had his hand on my face, wasn't gouging and bada bing bada boom the AFL have the prefect excuse to get their love child off.

Karma coming to bite Mr Judd now with his dodging groin, and karma coming back and making Campbell dumber enough to drop himself in the shit by admitting he lied to tribunal on national TV.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Suspend them both.

If Judd wins the Brownlow, it'll be a disgrace.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bombers_rock wrote:Suspend them both.

If Judd wins the Brownlow, it'll be a disgrace.
luckily he wont anyway
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Has KERR been suspended this year?

The AFL,the Tribual and Appeals Board and their SHITE points/penalty system,plus the Rules Committee -

A COLLECTION OF 1ST CLASS CLOWNS!

If they're that intent on persuing the Victim for his OFFENCE,this far back,then they should be Consistent(what was that saying again?)and Deal with JUDD!

But of course they won't!

Wonder if JUDD will let off anyone who Tackles him in the WRONG SPOT this week?Richmond ain't got nothing to lose!He'll be a TARGET!

He didn't do it,I didn't feel it,it was nothing.

AS IF!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

West Coast have settled down in recent years,their little habit of DOBBING IN opposition players.Comfortable in the knowledge,Their fans will do that and SCREAM BLUE MURDER in conjunction with TVW CHANNEL EAGLE!

But the club still seems to take the whole State of WA for IDIOTS!TRADITIONALISTS as myself DON'T FORGET who made DOBBING AN ART FORM in their early days.And where they got it from in the 80's -

WEST PERTH

I'm just waiting for Stocksy to Bob up on this one!