The Judd/Brown/Lie verdict is in.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

The Judd/Brown/Lie verdict is in.

Post by dom_105 »

Brown hit with a $15,000 fine, half suspended.

Bit harsh I would have thought.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Soft.

Should have got a week.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Rossoneri wrote:Soft.

Should have got a week.
Absolute disgrace. Should have got more than a week. Rub him out for a few weeks. All good and fine to lie, but FFS, who in their right mind PUBLICLY admits to it and expects to get off with nothing??? :shock:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

$15k is a lot of money. If some fucknuckle comes on here and says "blah blah, $15k is pocketchange for an AFL player", consider that $15k for Brown would probably be between $3-4k for the average punter on a $50k p.a. income (i'm assuming Brown makes about $200-250k p.a.).

Would the average punter shrug off a $4k penalty for lying to their employer's parent company to get another employee off? Well, i wouldn't.

I think a $15k outright penalty is more than enough, but the 50% suspension of the fine probably makes it about right.

*** Of course, i'm assuming Brown personally pays the fine, rather than having the Hawks pay it on his behalf.
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
*** Of course, i'm assuming Brown personally pays the fine, rather than having the Hawks pay it on his behalf.

Seeing as there was no direct benefit to Whoreforn if Judd was arseholed for a week or 2, you'd reckon there was no pressure from them on Brown to bullshit. So you'd have to assume that Brown has fronted up and bullshitted to the tribunal on his own doing. Therefore I reckon the Hawks won't be paying a zac
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Perhaps we can get a statement from Brendon Gale on whether Lying to the Tribunal is still the Done thing?

Actually,I don't think there'll be any confession there.Or any payment on Borown's behalf!

"I don't care if I never coach again.If someone else pays for it,Fair enough!" - MALCOLM GREGORY BROWN.

I'd say that happened in 1981 when Brownie led his Ressies side off the field after a few Pre-season Brawls with SWAN DISTRICTS that led to DARYL STOKES having his Jaw Broken and Brownie making a statement at the Fremantle Police Station.

He was fined by the WAFL Tribunal,without his knowledge,which led to him leaving training in his SOUTH FREMANTLE RED and WHITE Trackies,ZOOMING to Subiaco and BURSTING into the WANFL Directors meeting and GAVE THEM THE BIGGEST SERVE they ever had.

He refused to pay the fine,which was later paid by an Undisclosed Source.I see Malcolm who has been taking it easy of late,took umbrage at Cambell's Treatment and I can't wait to see any fallout from that.

To most of our delight,he'll RIP into DEMETRIOU and ANDERSON,in Court or in Public.

Sources - MAL BROWN
Mongrels I have Met

WA FOOTBALL REGISTER
(Formerly ROSS ELLIOT'S Football Register)
1981 Annual
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

lie at the tribunal and admit it - $15,000
Say a bad thing about an Umpirire - $20,000
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That setlles the ALTERNATE GUERNSEY arguement.

The above are deemed More serious than a breach that WEST COAST Committed.

$10 000

Now that is a DROP IN THE OCEAN to them,but not the reason they remained MUTE.Usually they Jump Up and down on Perceived Injustices,but they don't want to ROCK Dalton Gooding's Boat to the COMMISSION DREAMLAND!

But the BAR has been set!And the AFL Can't differ here on this.

Wonder if anyone told them the similarities in a NRL Match between Melbourne and Brisbane(who Bizzarrely changed into Away Guernseys when the Home ones clearly differed to the Storm's)in a competition that is owned by NEWS LIMITED.

Who just happen to be a Major Driving force in TELLING AUSSIE RULES CLUBS they look the same,when most of the time(more than 76%)they CLEARLY DON'T!

But of course,both the AFL and NEWS LIMITED wll come with more BS on this!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Should send the bill directly to one Christopher Judd, and if he refuses to pay then send it on to the Eagles Admin. They are the ones who got the benefit, they should be the ones looking after the bill.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Oh and how much did the three idiots on the tribunal get fined for their pathetic gutless decision.

They had video footage clearly showing that Chris Judd stuck in fingers in Campbell Brown's eyes but were too weak to do anything about it.

Took the word of Campbell despite them knowing that there is an unwritten code that players will try and get other players off.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Just another example of the farce that the AFL Tribunal is. Absolute farce. Seems like a completely pointless and superfluous system that should just be disbanded. Currently serves no real purpose.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Unfortunately Boyler Room,that won't happen.Because quite simply,the AFL Won't Be Told on issues like -

TRIBUNAL,REVIEW PANELS,ALTERNATE GUERNSEYS,FREQUENT RULE CHANGES.

Add to that,the INTERCHANGE RULE!Despite the Protestations of the ones who should know,THE COACHES!This coming from a Wize old owl from Rugby League in Roy Masters on Offsiders.

You'll get your good days and bad days of the use or underuse of the Interchange bench,but that won't stop Anderson and Co,wanting to BLOODY MINDEDLY FIDDLE with it!

And if things get a bit hot in the Kitchen for them,they'll point to the old HIGH TV RATINGS,RECORD ATTENDANCE Defence.They FLATTER TO DECEIVE THEMSELVES.

As if the Fans are there to approve of AFL policies.They simply want to see their own Footy Team Play and Win.