PJ in strife.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Tell them they're "dreamin"
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Seems to me to be a case of "shooting the messenger". I can't imagine that PJ decided when (or even how) the announcement was to be made (presumably, this was a Board decision).

Or was it?
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

The present situation was predictable the minute they panicked and not toughed it out,rabble rousing media or not,until the end of the year.
Instead the club's naivete has turned Sheedy's "so called gracious farewell" into a farce.
Now we get all these contradictions.Obvious from day one.
Everyone's the loser no matter what happens from here until finally 2008 comes around.
Some bloke presumably from that group has been all over radio starting on Sunday saying exactly that.Even gave his name.
Squeaky doors unattended to become very noisy.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

As I said elsewhere in retrospect the timing has become a bit of a debacle. I dont know if Peter Jackson is to blame for the timing though. From all accounts the board was almost unamimous. Looking back on Horsborough's statements re the coaching position earlier in the year - Sheeds has been gone for a long time.

Perhaps we are a naive in the extreme if we thought that there could be a happy seperation of Sheeds and Essendon. Bomber supporters want to say thanks and farewell but of course Sheedy is not happy about going then this is now looking an impossibility.

Its not at all a good look what is being reported by Caro this morning. We could be looking at losing Sheeds before the weeks out. :(

I hate to say this but contrast our handling of Sheedy's departure with the way Neale Daniher went out. There he was linking arms with his captain to rapturous applause. It makes me sick to think we wont be able to say goodbye to Kevin Sheedy in a civilised manner.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

WTF is happening to us?!!!!!

Instead of losing one of the driving forces of the club, let's lose 2?

:evil:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dont believe it Filth, its rubbish.

Jackson actually voted to keep sheedy, and he is the sole reason why we will still generate a $1million profit despite our pathetic list finishing in the bottom 4 three years in a row.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

I reckon board members like Alex Epis, who has been gunning for Sheeds for years, will be the ones on shaky ground.

PJ would have a que of other clubs (even the AFL) after his services after what he has done to turn around this club financially.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Our list so so pathetic we are one game out of the eight. I guess you do not rate teh rest of the league.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Rossoneri wrote:
Jackson actually voted to keep sheedy, .
is this fact??
if so where have you read this?

I have been pretty unhappy, particularly with the timing, should never have been done while still true finals contenders
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

agreed, the whole handling of changing coach has been a debacle.

it has IMO contributed towards the end of season slide...no more finals.

and it has overshadowed the retirement arguably the finest Essendon footballer of our generation.

PJ, Hoseburgh and the Essendon board have butchered the handling of two of the clubs most loved and influential figures, forget just for this generation, but for the entire history of the EFC.

James Hird deserves better, as does Kevin Sheedy.

I would say when the dust settles this is all that saveessendon.com, and every other member, sheedy supporter or not wants to see.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

WHAT THE f***...Now the Board are being blamed for Hirdy's calf strain????!!!!!

The only thing ruining Hird's exit from the game, is his dodgy f****** calf muscle that is keeping him off the ground!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:WHAT THE f***...Now the Board are being blamed for Hirdy's calf strain????!!!!!

The only thing ruining Hird's exit from the game, is his dodgy f****** calf muscle that is keeping him off the ground!!!!
The board have handled his injury rather poorly. They voted 10/1 that he should resume training, now look what's happened. Instead of planning ahead and keeping him wrapped in cotton wool, they have jeopardised his farewell game. Peter Jackson ought to be sacked!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Nice work Benny!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
ealesy wrote:WHAT THE f***...Now the Board are being blamed for Hirdy's calf strain????!!!!!

The board have handled his injury rather poorly. They voted 10/1 that he should resume training, now look what's happened. Instead of planning ahead and keeping him wrapped in cotton wool, they have jeopardised his farewell game. Peter Jackson ought to be sacked!
...And while you're at it. We should also sack the little old lady in the hot dog stand at Windy Hill. Bitch! I heard she shortchanged Hirdy, thus making his wallet appear deceptively lighter than it really was. This apparently had a knock on effect on his calf and the lack of weight caused his calf to stiffen up yesterday... Strewth! Can't we get anything right?!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

No, but you would think that focus would be on Hird and sending him off in style rather than speculation on who may or may not coach us next year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:

No, but you would think that focus would be on Hird and sending him off in style rather than speculation on who may or may not coach us next year.
But what is wrong with sending off two of the greatest and most influential men in Essendon's history in the same game? Hopefully the GUTLESS players can muster enough courage to win it for these guys, and then chair them both from the ground. The playing group should be united enough to understand the importance of this, and play accordingly.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:Our list so so pathetic we are one game out of the eight. I guess you do not rate teh rest of the league.
Yeah one game out of the eight, but arent we still in the bottom four? I believe we are. And lets look at how we have gone when hird hasnt played since round 14.

Dont forget that it was pretty much him and Fletcher that won us the games against WCE and Sydney. And in case you arent aware, we wont have Hird playing for us next year. Sheedy hasnt shown enough faith in the kids, which says something about sheedy's and DODO's recruiting.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Yes and there is huge gap between 14th and 13th.

Sheeds hasn't shown faith in young kids? Since Hird has been out who has been givne the reigns in the middle? Watson.
Stanton has been in bad form and has still been given a chance.
We were calling for WInderlich's head last season. Sheed's backed him and it is paying the goods.
Ryder hasn't missed a game this year.
Youa re making it seem like all the young kids are sitting in the VFL while we have a group of oldies playing every week. I don't see Jason Johnson getting a game.
Keep talking out of your ass.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Yes and there is huge gap between 14th and 13th.

Is it really? We only beat the 14th placed Melbourne by 2 points, we lost to Carlton and just beat Richmond.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

And Melbourne beat Collingwood early in the season aswell. Your point?
What you've proven is that anytime on their worst day can get beat by a team that is not as good.