D-Day for the AFL

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

D-Day for the AFL

Post by Rossoneri »

If Carlton can somehow manage to lose to us this week, then we know once and for all that they are tanking.

The only reason I am picking us this week is because Carlton want the #1 pick.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Discraceful post. You have basically said we are the worst team in the comp and our only hope is Carlton tanking.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Essendon4eva wrote:Discraceful post. You have basically said we are the worst team in the comp and our only hope is Carlton tanking.
Rubbish...Ross has implied that we are worse than Carlton at present. Richmond are below them and so are worse than them...if we do manage to lose this week, then we are worse than Carlton but still have to wait for the next week before we can know if we really are the worst team or just playing like we are.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:Discraceful post. You have basically said we are the worst team in the comp and our only hope is Carlton tanking.
I dont think I mentioned Richmond or Melbourne in my post, but let me check again.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: D-Day for the AFL

Post by Rossoneri »

Rossoneri wrote:If Carlton can somehow manage to lose to us this week, then we know once and for all that they are tanking.

Hmmm......just as I thought, no mention of Melbourne or Richmond.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

So you also think Richmond and Melbourne both have no chance of beating Carlton? Well Melbourne has beat Carlton. SO if we can't beat Carlton, but Melbourne can...you fill in the gaps.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:So you also think Richmond and Melbourne both have no chance of beating Carlton? Well Melbourne has beat Carlton. SO if we can't beat Carlton, but Melbourne can...you fill in the gaps.
Well, we lost to carlton didnt we? Melbourne beat Carlton and we beat Melbourne, so using that logic, I'd say that you're an idiot.

Oh, so because we lost to that team and they beat another team, then we are automatically worse than them?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:So you also think Richmond and Melbourne both have no chance of beating Carlton? Well Melbourne has beat Carlton. SO if we can't beat Carlton, but Melbourne can...you fill in the gaps.
Well, we lost to carlton didnt we? Melbourne beat Carlton and we beat Melbourne, so using that logic, I'd say that you're an idiot.

Oh, so because we lost to that team and they beat another team, then we are automatically worse than them?
That sums it up nicely Ross
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Would you like to conribute swoodley? Offcourse not. Just chime in like a twit.

Now, ross. You said Essendon is not good enough to beat Carlton unless they tank. THen you said in defence to my post, that Richmond and Melbourne are worse. SO we are not good enough to beat Carlton, but are better than a team that has beat Carlton. That is the flaw in your argument.

So if we are not good enough to beat Carlton but better than a team that did, we DO indeed have a chance to beat Carlton.
So your first post is then wrong.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Essendon4eva wrote:Would you like to conribute swoodley? Offcourse not. Just chime in like a twit.

Now, ross. You said Essendon is not good enough to beat Carlton unless they tank. THen you said in defence to my post, that Richmond and Melbourne are worse. SO we are not good enough to beat Carlton, but are better than a team that has beat Carlton. That is the flaw in your argument.

So if we are not good enough to beat Carlton but better than a team that did, we DO indeed have a chance to beat Carlton.
So your first post is then wrong.
Dickwit, this is just the same argument we have been having all afternoon in another thread...no need to regurgitate it here
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Then why bother involving yourself? Should be too long before this and your above post are deleted.
You chime in with something that doesn't contribute to teh topic, but to take a cheapshot at me, then complain when I respond.

Anyway, I hope this and the above post are deleted so we can get on with things.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

It's f****** bluey I swear.

Guys. Pull your heads in or I'm canning this thread. Usual suspects.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Who is this infamous "Bluey"?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Megan wrote:It's f****** bluey I swear.

Guys. Pull your heads in or I'm canning this thread. Usual suspects.
What usual suspects?

E4Eva just cant seem to get a grip on what side of the fence he is sitting on.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Who are the Tipsters going for?You wouldn't TIP us in a FIT,right now,given OUR POOR FORM and the Playing Group's PISSPOOR Attitude!

Carlton may well forgo the Priority pick on the grounds they'd want to SPIKE the 1 Club that has given them MORE PAIN than anyone else since 1981!

ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB

Who's been chiefly responsible for that?

KEVIN SHEEDY

What were we before he came along against them?

Something like 62 ESSENDON 93 CARLTON

It's been 34 - 23 with 2 Draws since.Gaps only 11 unfortunately.But that 34 would have HURT the ARROGANT BLUES like HELL!Guess it's been why the've been saving themselves for us in recent years,just as Freo have been doing with WEST COAST,albeit for differing reasons.

WE'VE HURT THEM BAD!

We liked to remind CARLTON that they werren't the only successfull Club in the Competition.They like to DELUDE themselves,they were the only Club in the Competition.

Our players right now don't seem capable of Raising a squeek,for even a quarter.A FAR CRY from GLORY YEARS gone by when KICKING THE BLUES DOWN HARD wasn't just a Hobby,it was a PLEASURE!

Won't get to see it Live this week.RESERVES DUTY and Saturation DORKER Coverage will put the Kybosh on that.Still like to see how the Comps' BIGGEST MOB of PUSSIES right now,respond to the INTERNAL CANING THEY BLOODY WELL DESERVE!

BLEAT LIKE WOOLY LAMBS!Or SOAR like MIGHTY BOMBERS to SHIT ALL OVER a Mob that actually fancy themselves to WIN!Must be they see us as EASY PREY!
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: D-Day for the AFL

Post by tom9779 »

Rossoneri wrote:If Carlton can somehow manage to lose to us this week, then we know once and for all that they are tanking.

that is pathetic.

i think we will slam them by 10 goals personally, how we should have beaten them in round 3.

we have had a couple of ordinary weeks, but I also think we have come up against two sides who are cherry ripe in freo and the hawks.

I'm expecting a huge game from the team.

after the weekend, carlton will look like they deserve a priority pick.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Where's robbie when you need him??
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I would say the football we served the last few weeks has been far more pathetic, weak and shithouse than what Richmond, Melbourne or Carlton have served up all year.

Now going on current form, I would say that Carlton would have to be favourite to beat us. I mean they've challenged top 8 (possibly) top 4 teams the past couple of weeks, while we've been absolutely flogged by them.

So taking that into consideration I would say that it would have to raise some doubts about Carlton intent if they do happen to get beaten, particularly if we flog them. [/i]
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

f***
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

double f***
Last edited by ealesy on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.