LLOYD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

LLOYD

Post by Sismis »

Fact. In an era of diminshed forward dominance he is now no 9 on the all time goalkicking

Fact. He is averaging over 3 goals a game. Ranked 6th in the league. 0.2 Behind the best.

Fact. Out of the top 10 goal kickers, Only Ebert is more accurate. He is 15th in AFL overall.

Fact. out of the top 10 goal kickers only Franklin tackles more.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Do you think he is capable of more Sis?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He possibly is, but the way he was treated around here you'd think he was doing nothing!

If he is not doing enough, then there is not a forward in the comp who is!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Lloyd is a gun. The results he has achieved this year are remarkable considering the junk he has to put with kicking him the ball. He'd have kicked a 100+ goals this year if he played for the Eagles.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Fact: Lloyd has had a poor year

Fact: He has been named in the best players only twice this year

Fact: A captain should be more influential
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: LLOYD

Post by tom9779 »

Sismis wrote:Fact. In an era of diminshed forward dominance he is now no 9 on the all time goalkicking

Fact. He is averaging over 3 goals a game. Ranked 6th in the league. 0.2 Behind the best.

Fact. Out of the top 10 goal kickers, Only Ebert is more accurate. He is 15th in AFL overall.

Fact. He is our captain
Fact. He is our highest paid player

refer to the first part of your first fact to decide if this is such a great idea.

i love lloydy, I just don't think based on his position he should be our captain.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

BenDoolan wrote:Fact: Lloyd has had a poor year

I guess Brown, Pav, etc. must have also had a poor year then.

Could it be that some of the expectations on here are a little too high?

LAST YEAR HE TORE THE MUSCLE FROM HIS f****** BONE! (Some people never recover from that). He spent 12 months out of the game.

AND STILL HE IS THE EQUAL OF ANY FORWARD IN THE COMP!

Hoe does that transfer to a poor year?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tom9779 wrote:
Sismis wrote:Fact. In an era of diminshed forward dominance he is now no 9 on the all time goalkicking

Fact. He is our captain

refer to the first part of your first fact to decide if this is such a great idea.

i love lloydy, I just don't think based on his position he should be our captain.
Who else would you have as captain? Fletcher is probably the only other player would keep there spot in any other team. Davey and Mcveigh 2 possible others.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

FACT: He plays like a girl.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I was going to suggest Jobe until I saw this weeks team list... Cor blimey!

:roll:
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Sismis wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

Fact. He is our captain

Who else would you have as captain? Fletcher is probably the only other player would keep there spot in any other team. Davey and Mcveigh 2 possible others.
Well certainly not Davey, you need a 100 gamer + as captain IMO

I would have nominated Hille or maybe Lucas as captain.

Hille would have been my first choice, despite our horror season last year he carried us well.

IMO the captain should be on the ball, or at the very least off the half back or half forward line. As we are rebuilding our midfield Hille makes the logical choice.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

andrewb wrote:FACT: He plays like a girl.
Care to justify that in some way?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Fact: Lloyd has had a poor year

I guess Brown, Pav, etc. must have also had a poor year then.

Could it be that some of the expectations on here are a little too high?

LAST YEAR HE TORE THE MUSCLE FROM HIS f****** BONE! (Some people never recover from that). He spent 12 months out of the game.

AND STILL HE IS THE EQUAL OF ANY FORWARD IN THE COMP!

Hoe does that transfer to a poor year?
Sis, it doesn't matter what happened last year. He is leading the team this year. And it wasn't a matter of just a rotten game against Hawthorn. He isn't leading the group of players as well as he should. They don't appear united. This has been confirmed since the Sheedy announcement. It is up to him NOW to re-unite these guys and play with some damn passion.

As for his form, you can throw all types of statistics you bloody well want, but watching what he actually does indicates he has struggled with the role and his own body this year. His kicking is not as good as it used to be. He isn't marking as confidently as he used to. He remonstrates, wrestles, dives, complains more than ever. This isn't setting a good example. As stupid as his suspension was, his actions were just as stupid. And HE is the one DEMANDING strict discipline at the club.

I understand your defence of the guy. He is a club champion. But I get more annoyed at the usual criticism of players with far less talent than him. I have no sympathy for Lloyd and the criticism he actually deserves.

I gave him 3 votes last week. A lot reckon he was ordinary. But IMO, 5 goals out of stuff all opportunities is a very good result. I was more impressed that he turned up and put in a captain's effort after the SHIT he delivered the week before.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tom9779 wrote:
Sismis wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

Fact. He is our captain

Hille would have been my first choice, despite our horror season last year he carried us well.

IMO the captain should be on the ball, or at the very least off the half back or half forward line. As we are rebuilding our midfield Hille makes the logical choice.
I dind't mean davey as Captain (yet) I mean these guys are the only ones who would get a look in at another club.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I just want someone who puts their head over the ball, inspires both with acts of brilliance and courage and doesn't shirk the contest. Gus, Jobe, Jay Nash and Henry could all be candidates in the future but each have their flaws at the moment.

Basically, I want another Hird.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Sismis wrote:
tom9779 wrote:
Sismis wrote:
tom9779 wrote:

Fact. He is our captain

I dind't mean davey as Captain (yet) I mean these guys are the only ones who would get a look in at another club.
I think Lloydy should offer up the captaincy next year and concentrate on his game. Let a new coaching panel in, let them work through the playing list and appoint a captain.
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

Agreed Sismis.
Our supporters are right behind Richmond in terms of lynching players.
Lloyd's "problem" is that a lot of people still think of him as in 2000/2001 when he was kicking the tones without seeing how the game and his role has changed.
It seems like a lot of people are very impatient too. They want him to be as great as Hird in his first real year as captain but as I've pointed out time and time again, was Hird as good in 1998 as he was in 2005 - no. Give him time. Would be stupid to strip him of the captaincy after just 1 year of being a on-field captain.
As he pointed out in his press conference the other day, if he hadn't missed those three games he'd be on about 60 goals now heading towards 70 for the season. Considering the seriousness of the injury he's coming back from, the form of Lucas earlier in the year when he was kicking the majority of our goals and the fact that he has been playing further up the ground that's pretty freaking good. Add to the fact that he obviously hasn't been at his best this year it is even more of a testament to the champion that he is.
Watch out for Lloyd in 2008 :)
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

andrewb wrote:I just want someone who puts their head over the ball, inspires both with acts of brilliance and courage and doesn't shirk the contest. Gus, Jobe, Jay Nash and Henry could all be candidates in the future but each have their flaws at the moment.

Basically, I want another Hird.
Not asking for much there eh Andrew?

:wink:
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

I don't think there's too many people questioning Lloyd's output as such, more questioning the way he goes about it. The diving, pouting, arguing with umpires and overall 'soft' play is disappointing, especially as he's the captain.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The guy is a total gun, bleeds black and red and suffered one of the most horrendous injury short of a knee. In case you had not noticed, he is also pretty useful around the goals.

He is the Captain of Essendon because he is the best man for the job.

He could probanly do with a bit of support at the moment rather than the incessant carping we are witnessing.

The idea of stripping him of the captaincy is so ludicrous it does not merit discussion.

Try and imagine the job he has at present trying to lead a dissillusioned bunch of people through a minefield and imagine how good you would be at it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark