Tanks Carlton. Tank you very much.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Tanks Carlton. Tank you very much.

Post by Lloyd is King »

I dunno if they were tanking or not, but I want to say something, because beating Carlton is such a rare pleasure these days.....

Suck and eat shit you bastards. Ha, ha, f***ing ha.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

What's pathetic is that there won't be too many Blues fans that are too upset by this loss!!
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Who cares. F**k 'em. Suffer in the bottom 4 for the rest of the decade.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

ealesy wrote:What's pathetic is that there won't be too many Blues fans that are too upset by this loss!!
Exactly. This is the hollowest win i can remember for a very, very long time. We inflicted no pain on the opposition, they wanted to lose, and we still only beat them by 2 goals.

I'm sure i'd be happier if i was at the game, but sitting watching it on TV just gives you no pleasure at all. More wallpapering over the cracks.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

ealesy wrote:What's pathetic is that there won't be too many Blues fans that are too upset by this loss!!
And here is one of them.
Bigfooty wrote:Gee that was very close

Thankfully the right result occurred

Perfect result again

I was very worried for quite a while there, I was certain we were going to win

Thankfully Matty and the boys came through and delivered the right resuly for both teams

Only two more games Ratts

Keep it up
Pathetic really
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Tanks for coming.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

:roll:
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

They came at us twice in the last quarter, and were 2 goals in front with 5 mins to go.

Highly unlikely that they tanked. I still feel hollow, but for the record, I don't think they tanked.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Nothing better than smashing the scum. Don't care if they claim they weren't trying. We need to be rubbing it in much more.
Bleeding for the red and black
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

How can anyone feel hollow after beating Carlton! Especially when we've got half a sniff of finals.
To be honest - before today i thought they were definitely tanking now i must say they actually arn't. They put in 100% today but we were better.
Thats what makes the victory even sweater.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Well i certainly don't feel hollow after beating carlton!!! I was a little worried coming into todays game as Carlton had been playing better footy and for 3/4 of the game they were easily beating us! Yet again the boys came true in the last quarter to win another close one. I don't think Carlton tanked but i am certainly estatic that we won!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I've never heard so many scum supporters barracking for Essendon.
Lines like:
"quick bloos, flood the bench"
"quick bloos, flood the forward line"
"we need a result to keep both teams happy"..and booing the umpire when the scum got frees! :)

Shame they left happy really. Still, they have the Dees in rd 22...might be an interesting game.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I too feel a bit hollow, but then again a win is a win. Thank God we finally beat them.

I didn't think they were tanking, but then as I walked away from the ground, I overheard a group of people talking about strange tactics employed by them during the THIRD quarter to let us back into the game.

I didn't notice anything, but then I was paying more attention to our own performance (as you do) and I was only looking out for obvious tanking tactics in the LAST quarter.

Did anyone else notice anything odd in the third quarter?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:I've never heard so many scum supporters barracking for Essendon.
Lines like:
"we need a result to keep both teams happy"..and booing the umpire when the scum got frees! :)

Shame they left happy really. Still, they have the Dees in rd 22...might be an interesting game.
Gee they're f***** in the head. The amount of venom they used to spit at Pagan because they kept losing (check their forum), now the dickheads WANT their team to lose! Oh yeah, Ratten must be a gun :roll:
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I thought that there were at least two occasions in the last quarter that if they were tanking they would have taken the negative option. Both resulted in goals.

Its a weird feeling when you cannot be sure. Still, it beats the shit out of losing!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bg
Top Up Player

Post by bg »

Boy oh boy if that's the only thing Essendon can come up with against a side sitting in 15th place im worried.

I highly doubt that Carlton were tanking. How can you tell a bunch of players to lose? "hey Whitnall we know your future is on the line but do you mind if you just play to lose?"
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

bg wrote:Boy oh boy if that's the only thing Essendon can come up with against a side sitting in 15th place im worried.

I highly doubt that Carlton were tanking. How can you tell a bunch of players to lose? "hey Whitnall we know your future is on the line but do you mind if you just play to lose?"
I don't believe the team was tanking, but I sure do believe the scum supporters seated in front of me were hoping they were.
I've never heard so many scum supporters barracking for Essendon.
Lines like:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They did tank. Find it hard to believe that a team 4 weeks in a row can be in winning positions and lose all of them.

Two goals up with 5 minutes to go? They had won the past 4 center clearances and then we all of the sudden, without changing anything, won the next 3.

Tanking is lying down and geting pumped by 100 points. Tanking is getting into winning positions then making certain changes in order to throw your team out. The players dont tank themselves, it comes from the coaches.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Rossoneri wrote:They did tank. Find it hard to believe that a team 4 weeks in a row can be in winning positions and lose all of them.

Two goals up with 5 minutes to go? They had won the past 4 center clearances and then we all of the sudden, without changing anything, won the next 3.

Tanking is lying down and geting pumped by 100 points. Tanking is getting into winning positions then making certain changes in order to throw your team out. The players dont tank themselves, it comes from the coaches.
If they were tanking, then they wouldn't have come at us again after we hit the front for the first time in the last quarter (after the Hird goal).

It is ridiculous to say they were tanking then they kicked two goals to put them in front post 20min mark in the last quarter.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Like I said, tanking comes from the coaches, not the players. Just simple moves that cost you a game (like leaving Bradley on Richardson all game)