Bombers yet to devise coach shortlist

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Bombers yet to devise coach shortlist

Post by Jazz_84 »

so then can anyone tell me the reason for ending sheedy's reign so soon? if we had no real desire to secure a new coach?? we are going downhill at the moment :|

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/N ... wsId=49326
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Believe me They know exactly what they are doing.
Bomber Thompson was approached in Jan the same time Sheeds was given his marching orders as the final year to be coaching Essendon and maybe the last time ever to coach...
Now they are just waiting on a final decision from the great Man.
Wants to come back home Time will tell...
The way Geelong are travelling is complicating matters but then again He may have already said Yes.
Why else has he NOT signed with Geelong!!!???

I refuse to believe that a Professional club like ours would live in hope for somebody good...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i hope your right about the first and last lines in that post
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

stryper wrote:Believe me They know exactly what they are doing.
Bomber Thompson was approached in Jan the same time Sheeds was given his marching orders as the final year to be coaching Essendon and maybe the last time ever to coach...
Now they are just waiting on a final decision from the great Man.
Wants to come back home Time will tell...
The way Geelong are travelling is complicating matters but then again He may have already said Yes.
Why else has he NOT signed with Geelong!!!???

I refuse to believe that a Professional club like ours would live in hope for somebody good...

I will tell you why he hasnt signed yet. Geelong could go out in the second week of the finals and be the laughing stock all over again.

Bomber will be back to square one

Or, the Cats could break the 44 yr drought and Bomber can command any price, any contract, anywhere.

I think I know which horse I would back
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Would love to see Bomber back in red and black. The blue and white doesn't suit him. ;)

Like Windy_Hill, I think he's just keeping his options open. Waiting to see what happens with Geelong come finals.

You're right about one thing stryper - time will certainly tell. ;)
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: Bombers yet to devise coach shortlist

Post by tom9779 »

Jazz_84 wrote:so then can anyone tell me the reason for ending sheedy's reign so soon? if we had no real desire to secure a new coach?? we are going downhill at the moment :|

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/N ... wsId=49326
jazz the sacking of kevin sheedy was/is the worst way to treat a true champion/legend of the game.

I still maintain it was a terrible decision, and the timing could not have been worse.

Sheedy deserves to see this current crop of players through to their potential.

IMO he should have been offered a final 3 year deal, with it being set in stone that it was his last.

would have made 30 years at the helm for sheeds, would have been time for us to enter the premiership window of opportunity, and it would have given the great man the opportunity to say goodbye adequeatly.

I do not believe that there is a better option out there at the moment than sheeds.

its a complete disgrace, that we have all had to accept. Sheedy might be gone at season end, but so should the essendon board.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

If Essendon is waiting for Thompson to make a decision it raises mroe question as to why a decision on Sheed's was made so early.
Also just because they are waiting doesn't mean they cannot create a shortlist now, and interview peopel. Then at least the know about who else is up there incase Thompson says no.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Also just because they are waiting doesn't mean they cannot create a shortlist now, and interview peopel. Then at least the know about who else is up there incase Thompson says no.
They have, and they are.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

""We have not yet come up with a final shortlist and we have quite a long way to go before any final decisions and approaches are made to people." - Ray Horsburgh

According to Ray, we haven't.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Essendon4eva wrote:""We have not yet come up with a final shortlist and we have quite a long way to go before any final decisions and approaches are made to people." - Ray Horsburgh

ray is an idiot.

i'm sorry but i do not fall for his line that himself and the board know best, because they know the full story.

complete crock of shit.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:""We have not yet come up with a final shortlist and we have quite a long way to go before any final decisions and approaches are made to people." - Ray Horsburgh

When was that quote made?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

In the article posted at the start of the thread. That article was also up on the 18th, so I would say it was a recent interview.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

As we all know, Essendon are very good at keeping things "In House"...always have been. Look at how well they kept the Sheedy decision hidden for example...Sheeds has known since January that it was going to be his last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's already done and dusted and that Horsburgh is laying smoke screens and keeping "Mum" about it for the same reason he lied about the Sheedy decision....to protect the incumbent....maybe it is Bomber, but that's pure speculation on my part...but it is interesting that he has yet to commit himself to the Cats.