Campo's last game?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Campo's last game?

Post by gringo »

Apparently Campo has played his last game. It's a shame he's had such a rotten luck with injuries. He showed today what he can do when fully fit. He's been great around the club with our youngsters.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i dont know what is going on with him, whether it was his last game or not but, he is quality and i for 1 wouldn't mind him around next year for a bit of veteran experience and leadership
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Was excellent against the Bulldogs and excellent again today (from the call I heard on 3AW). I'll watch the game tomorrow once it's up on BomberTV. Be able to comment more after that.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Give him another 1 year!
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Was brillant today. On that form deserves another year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Played his best game for the club today, by a long shot. Everyone played through Campo today - he was the link man, as well as Stanton. Unfortunately, Campo's two years at the club aren't very memorable, but today, he was terrific.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Campo: Once a sloth, always a sloth
Bleeding for the red and black
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

BenDoolan wrote:Played his best game for the club today, by a long shot. Everyone played through Campo today - he was the link man, as well as Stanton. Unfortunately, Campo's two years at the club aren't very memorable, but today, he was terrific.
I am a big fan of Campo, he used to destroy us when he was at Carlton, I was definitely glad to see him in Red and Black today. With the losses expected at the end of this year, we could definitely use his experience, I reckon give him another year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The Don wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Played his best game for the club today, by a long shot. Everyone played through Campo today - he was the link man, as well as Stanton. Unfortunately, Campo's two years at the club aren't very memorable, but today, he was terrific.
I am a big fan of Campo, he used to destroy us when he was at Carlton, I was definitely glad to see him in Red and Black today. With the losses expected at the end of this year, we could definitely use his experience, I reckon give him another year.
Those days are long gone. He is struggling to keep his body intact. The last two years are a good example of that. If we are seriously wanting our list to thrive into the future, then we must cull some of the static players that exist.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

He still has quality disposal and has played some quality games for us, particularly this year. But his physical limitations are catching up big time.

He could probably squeeze another year out, and he'd be handy to hang onto for depth/mentoring purposes, but he's more than likely gawn.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I liked his game today.

However, his age is against him, but most importantly I think his body is far too fragile to be considered for another year.

Lets get Whitnall...his contract is up! :shock: :D
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

F111 wrote: Lets get Whitnall...his contract is up! :shock: :D
haha good one F111
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Campo must stay.

The guy got 35 possies today and although I didn't see any of the match I'll bet most of them were used effectively. Those are the reasons we got him in the first place, and there is still a need for that.

Sure, he won't get 35 often, but around 20 is sufficient. If someone of his quality gets it that often it helps the team, no question.

So he's had injury problems, since when is that an excuse to dump a quality player? By that standard Hirdy wouldn't be playing either. Oh, and we would have delisted Lloyd at the end of last season as well! Get real.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nudder12 wrote:Campo must stay.

The guy got 35 possies today and although I didn't see any of the match I'll bet most of them were used effectively. Those are the reasons we got him in the first place, and there is still a need for that.

Sure, he won't get 35 often, but around 20 is sufficient. If someone of his quality gets it that often it helps the team, no question.

So he's had injury problems, since when is that an excuse to dump a quality player? By that standard Hirdy wouldn't be playing either. Oh, and we would have delisted Lloyd at the end of last season as well! Get real.
Now that's a clever assessment. Campo is like Hird and Lloyd! Thanks for the early morning laugh.

Campo has hardly set the world on fire since he's come across. This is his ONLY game where he has had such an impact. Against a tanking team that has no interest in winning. Would he be able to double up on that performance, I doubt it. Nathan Foley would take him to the cleaners this week. As for his "quality" disposal, he is in fact performing under the likes of Stanton, Watson, Winderlich, Houli and lol, M. Johnson and Heffernan for effective disposal! He's played 18 games out of a possible 42 and performed extremely well in 1 of them. Yep, that deserves another year. And he's 32. On that basis, no one on the list deserves to be let go.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:

Now that's a clever assessment. Campo is like Hird and Lloyd! Thanks for the early morning laugh.

Campo has hardly set the world on fire since he's come across. This is his ONLY game where he has had such an impact. Against a tanking team that has no interest in winning. Would he be able to double up on that performance, I doubt it. Nathan Foley would take him to the cleaners this week. As for his "quality" disposal, he is in fact performing under the likes of Stanton, Watson, Winderlich, Houli and lol, M. Johnson and Heffernan for effective disposal! He's played 18 games out of a possible 42 and performed extremely well in 1 of them. Yep, that deserves another year. And he's 32. On that basis, no one on the list deserves to be let go.
Alright, lets make a deal, we keep Campo one more year and let go of Heff, Keps, Bolts. We are still up one good game a season. :lol:
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

nudder12 wrote: The guy got 35 possies today and although I didn't see any of the match I'll bet most of them were used effectively. Those are the reasons we got him in the first place, and there is still a need for that..
Be careful with stats: the 35 possies can be meaningless. If you look at the AFL ranking (Champion data also use by the Herald sun Supercoach) Campo was rather average (11 th bomber with 81 points). The AFL ranking does not give points for ineffective kicks and takes points away for clangers/turnover.

I don't rate stats personally but least of all I don't pay too much attention to the number of possies.

Campo had a good game overall but nothing extraordinary, if anything his disposal let him down. It's OK with me if he retires at the end of the year, he is a good football player but nearly 32 years old.
Red and Black Forever
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Alright, lets make a deal, we keep Campo one more year and let go of Heff, Keps, Bolts. We are still up one good game a season. :lol:
Ah well you got me there!
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

FFS, Sheeds is rightly accused of not regenerating the list, and people want to keep Campo on the list after one good game, when, on average he is only available for selection 50 % of the time, due to injury, and he's 32 yrs old. Jeeeeeees wept.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.