Why not?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Why not?

Post by doogle »

Why doesn't no 5 want to coach...

"The No. 5 gave a fair spray and when he talks you want to run through brick walls," Lloyd said.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Why not?

Post by BenDoolan »

doogle wrote:Why doesn't no 5 want to coach...

"The No. 5 gave a fair spray and when he talks you want to run through brick walls," Lloyd said.
He has other interests on his mind. He feels that he needs to get away from the game for a while and spend more time with his family. I get the feeling his calling is in administration rather than coaching. But there is no doubt about James Hird, he is the complete inspirational package. Everyone should get there this Sunday and salute the man. He is as Essendon as they come, and simply the greatest ever player I have ever seen in red & black.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

I agree completely Ben.

But if he wanted to be, he'd do it as well as he does everything else.

We can only hop ehe changes his mind in the future.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I've got no doubt he can do it. You only have to look at the way he controls play on the field, and how he inspires. I think he would be a natural in controlling things from the box and inspiring a team with every word he says. He is as passionate about the club as anyone I've ever read about in the EFC.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

He may coach oneday, and I hope he does. Though in a way I'd hope it be after 5 or so years. Atleast then, if hard decisions have to be made out careers and even the general team selection, he can make them a bit easier.
I played my last game of football for the year yesterday, and our coach was quite emotional when he came to talking about our year. His main point was "I don't want to put you off coaching, but if you're going to do it, make sure you dont coach your mates! Because it's such a bastard!"
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

sconsey wrote:He may coach oneday, and I hope he does.
Ditto.
If the great man wants to coach, he will.

It's understandable and totally appropriate for him to take a year or more off - especially if he was to coach at Essendon. (:evil: if he ever went elsewhere)

I guess the reasons are pretty obvious both from a football perspective and outside of football. In footy, although the players respect him, he needs a year or 2 out just so he's really no longer a player.

Biggest reason outside of footy: he's got a young family that has been putting up with his hectic schedule for a number of years now. It's time for him to spend more time and give greater attention to them.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Why not?

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:
doogle wrote:Why doesn't no 5 want to coach...

He has other interests on his mind. He feels that he needs to get away from the game for a while and spend more time with his family. I get the feeling his calling is in administration rather than coaching. But there is no doubt about James Hird, he is the complete inspirational package. Everyone should get there this Sunday and salute the man. He is as Essendon as they come, and simply the greatest ever player I have ever seen in red & black.
He's the greatest player I've ever had the privilege of seeing play the game. Full stop.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant