SaveEssendons first meeting

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

SaveEssendons first meeting

Post by boncer34 »

Sam's just counted 23 people turned up out of this so called "power" faction. Hutcho says about 50-60, looks like they were in a grade 2 classroom. Board is really worried now. :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

A resounding vote of no confidence :lol:

You could hear the crickets chirping in the background.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

As one suspected.

A veritable hodge-podge of vagrant vomit with the collective intellect of George Bush who wouldn't be out of place picking their arseholes and smelling their fingers with the baboons at Melbourne Zoo.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Even Hirdy was laughing.

No cred. I am rapt that there are Essendon supporters so passionate about their club but...

Why spill one of the best boards in the AFL? I know some in here have their complaints, and I'm not exactly the best educated on these matters but from what I can see, esp compared to clubs like the Saints and Hawks we have a pretty good board.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

According to Sam in all fairness they struggled for numbers because the save the rare yellow titted humming bird group was next door.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

What an embarrassment for Essendon what the hell was that meeting of a "strong" force pushin for board spill, bloody hell, why can't people just face it an move on? far out. All i can say is embarrassing :oops:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think I might have to change my stance on democratic rights. lol.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

JumboPaddy wrote:What an embarrassment for Essendon what the hell was that meeting of a "strong" force pushin for board spill, bloody hell, why can't people just face it an move on? far out. All i can say is embarrassing :oops:
No, not embarassing at all.
The overwhelming majority of voting EFC members chose not to show up. Solidarity at EFC continues.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Does that mean,we are just as INSULAR, DEFENSIVE and HEAD IN THE SAND as the WEST COAST OSTRICHES whose Board is ACCOUNTABLE to NO ONE,when they f*** UP?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

grassy1 wrote:Does that mean,we are just as INSULAR, DEFENSIVE and HEAD IN THE SAND as the WEST COAST OSTRICHES whose Board is ACCOUNTABLE to NO ONE,when they f*** UP?
If you think they f***** up, then yes. :?

Otherwise, no. :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
JumboPaddy wrote:What an embarrassment for Essendon what the hell was that meeting of a "strong" force pushin for board spill, bloody hell, why can't people just face it an move on? far out. All i can say is embarrassing :oops:
The overwhelming majority of voting EFC members chose not to show up. Solidarity at EFC continues.
That's a very good point. 32, 556 members decided to accept the board's decision and anticipate a new era while 23 members show up for a meeting to spill the board. It's comforting to know that we only have 23 odd fools amongst our lot - some 0.07% of us.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Why can't the club change the constitution to make it 20% of the members have to sign for an EGM?

100 members out of over 30,000 is just way to small.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I think that we have more people on the bench for Sunday's game than turned up to this so called meeting.

Agree that constitution should change minimum number to at least 250
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BERT wrote:Why can't the club change the constitution to make it 20% of the members have to sign for an EGM?

rockhole wrote:I think that we have more people on the bench for Sunday's game than turned up to this so called meeting.

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?t=3761

I'm way ahead of you guys. :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

F111 wrote:
Agreed. Many had their little cry, but at the end of the day, no one is bigger than the club.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Gee, 23 turned up. I'm amazed there were that many (sarcastic shake of head).
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

j-mac wrote:
BERT wrote:Why can't the club change the constitution to make it 20% of the members have to sign for an EGM?

rockhole wrote:I think that we have more people on the bench for Sunday's game than turned up to this so called meeting.

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?t=3761

I'm way ahead of you guys. :P
100 members is the legislative standard number of members required for an EGM to be called. It's nothing unusual; in fact, it's the norm, even in large companies. It's not some random number plucked from thin air.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

grassy1 wrote:Does that mean,we are just as INSULAR, DEFENSIVE and HEAD IN THE SAND as the WEST COAST OSTRICHES whose Board is ACCOUNTABLE to NO ONE,when they f*** UP?
Grassy,

I don't think holding the board unaccountable is what has happened, it is a matter of weighing up the pro's and con's of the decision, even to most disapointed in the board would see that to spill and replace like this would be overwhelming negative for the club.
If members have specific concerns or doubts about some board members then they will exorcise there rights at the next oportunity when that board member comes up for re-election.

I would suggest that Ray is in his last term.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just out of interest, what exactly has the West Coast Board f***** up? They won the flag last year or am I mistaken?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
Just out of interest, what exactly has the West Coast Board f***** up? They won the flag last year or am I mistaken?
Where do I start?

They buried their heads in the sand re the Cousins situation (just about everyone in Perth knew Cousins was dabbling in "substances") even though they were aware as early as July last year of his problems...but they won a flag so who cares? :roll:

They took no action of any merit on any of the occasions that Kerr was arrested for beating up on various members of the public

They suggested to Cousins and Gardiner that they stop associating with known "persons of interest to the police" and then did nothing when they were ignored.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012