F*CKING SHAMEFULL

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

F*CKING SHAMEFULL

Post by robbie67 »

That's all that needs to be said.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

needs to be a harsher word than shameful insipid if someone can find a better word would be appreciated.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Look on the bright side. At least we don't have to worry about finals computations any more - that's a load off.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Agreed. Insipid. To play like that with everything to play for is disgraceful. Next week could get very, very ugly.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I thought of that too Jimmyc :wink: well lets end with a win.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

A distinct lack of pride from several players; others busted their gut, especially in the last qtr when we only had 1 fit man on the bench.
Bleeding for the red and black
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

pear wrote:A distinct lack of pride from several players; others busted their gut, especially in the last qtr when we only had 1 fit man on the bench.
I can't believe so many of our guys showed little or no effort today, with finals on the line and sheeds and hirdy's last game in melb you would think they had everyting to play for. i am very very disappointed in them tonight.

i know campo hurt his knee (career over perhaps) but who else was hurt?
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Nash carried off on stretcher at 3/4 time. In hospital tonight with tingling hands according to Sheeds on SEN. Dempsey did something to his leg right at the start of last qtr when he missed a goal from 20 metres out dead in front.
Bleeding for the red and black
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

pear wrote:Nash carried off on stretcher at 3/4 time. In hospital tonight with tingling hands according to Sheeds on SEN. Dempsey did something to his leg right at the start of last qtr when he missed a goal from 20 metres out dead in front.
wow i hope nashy isn't hurt too seriously, luckily its the end of the season.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Dempsey is a hamstring and evidently it's believed Nash may have bruising to the spine, but we'll wait and see about that.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Particularly gutted tonight.

The finals are gone - although they were a long shot anyway.

Jay Nash - I hope he's OK as he will be a good player for us.

Scott Camporeale - I know he played 220 odd games for the scum, but now he's one of us and we should not forget that. He's out of contract, 31, has been really pretty good and probably deserved one more year, has stated he wants to play on and now is facing a full knee reconstruction......career ending. I feel really sad for him.

11th or 12 th was really a true indication as to where we are.

Really a horrible night all round.

PS: One shining light though was young Lovett, who I thought was our best tonight and maybe a running player out of the back line could suit his style of play.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Lovett - played a great game.
Dempsey - Showed signs, but will be worthless if he can't stay on the park.
Campo - Skill Level is still high, but cannot stay on the park. Gotta go.
Lloyd - Shorten your good damn run up.

Overall - Didn't show any heart and fight. Also showed that pace isn't our problem. It is smarts and skills. Hanball when we should kick, kick and miss the target.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

A reality check. Tonight showed exactly where we are at.

Might be another couple of years before we see September action. Not overreacting, just being realistic.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Just got back from the game.....what a disgraceful performance. A sad ending to two great careers. After all the blood and guts James has split for the club, they play like that. A total embarrassment.

We are in for a few long long years.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Staggy wrote:A reality check. Tonight showed exactly where we are at.

Might be another couple of years before we see September action. Not overreacting, just being realistic.
remember that by round 13 or 14 we were 4th on the ladder remember and even tonight we could have gone up to 8th or 9th. we aren't as far away as it seems even after a loss to richmond tonight.

we are missing Scotty Lucas's early season influence though thats for sure,
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

We got a couple of lucky wins earlier in the year - our position of 5th / 6th flattered us.

Not trying to be overly down but I couldn't see us making the 8 next year. A possibility the year after that, but it depends.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm just staggered at our unaccountability. We will never win games if we continue to ALLOW a loose man to run and create options. I simply don't get the "zone" style of play. It's f*****. The opposition kick outs, the refusal to run at the ball carrier, the allowing of uncontested marks all over the ground. Beaten convincingly by the wooden spooners who should have beaten us earlier in the year as well..... piss weak.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:I'm just staggered at our unaccountability. We will never win games if we continue to ALLOW a loose man to run and create options. I simply don't get the "zone" style of play. It's f*****. The opposition kick outs, the refusal to run at the ball carrier, the allowing of uncontested marks all over the ground. Beaten convincingly by the wooden spooners who should have beaten us earlier in the year as well..... piss weak.
The zoning off killed us once again tonight...along with inaccuracy, poor delivery into the forward line and some inexperienced decisions.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

I am so deflated.

Fantastic send off ceremony at the end of the game, but I cannot believe we lost. Just not in the script.

Great crowd, great spectacle, but pretty devastating result.

Am too deflated to be angry.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Sure it was devestating, but for me the game was irrelevant. For me it was just being there to see James Hird in Melbourne for the last time.

Everything we have siad is true about our performance and the reflection on the playing group it leaves.

At the end of the day, I got to see the greatest player of our generation in his last game.