Does Lloyd have an injury problem?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
timbercote
Top Up Player

Does Lloyd have an injury problem?

Post by timbercote »

Can anyone profer an opinion on the lack of Lloyd's accuracy when kicking from a distance.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

He's just not the same Lloyd since the injury.

I hope things change next year.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Well, he has a problem.

It WAS an injury problem. Is it now a mental problem? Is it a confidence problem?

I'm prepared to cut him some slack because it's gotta be tough coming back from a year off - I wouldn't expect anyone to have it perfect particularly when the added burden of captaincy is upon you. Let's see how he goes next year after coming off a good pre-season after a season of playing rather than a pre-season spent mainly just regaining what he lost while injured. (If that makes sense ;))

New coach, new season, new Lloydy :?:
I like the bloke, I sure hope season 2008 is much better for him.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The changes for him recently have been the hammie injury and the 30 sec time limit which occasionally seems to rush him due to his protracted preparation.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Take the captaincy away and he'll be back to normal.
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

If you think he was bad then check out Lance Franklin yesterday - 1.12
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

His misses last night, really cost us. However, if Richmond had kicked straight we would never have had a chance.

He is lacking confidence after the injury, hopefully with another preseason his accuracy will return. The positive is, he is starting to take strong marks again, and his timing is back.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Fraz wrote:If you think he was bad then check out Lance Franklin yesterday - 1.12
:shock:

The only other disaster of such proportions was our very own Bill Brittingham's 2.12 in the 1948 drawn Grand Final.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Filthy wrote:It doesn't help when a maggot yells out "10secs Lloydy" just as he is settling over the ball deep in concentration....happened 3 times last night for 3 misses. :evil:

And to Chook when he missed from 15m out.
I could swear they were trying hard to help Richmond over the line. Absolutely pathetic.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:Take the captaincy away and he'll be back to normal.
Rubbish. The last few weeks we have seen how good Lloydy can be when he stays in the forward line. Took quite a few strong marks last night which was great to see.
Just needs to work on his kicking, but I think its due to the fact he hasnt really altered his routine for the 30seconds rule, he is really rushing.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Yes Lance Franklin kicked 2.11, yet the Hawks still win by 80 odd points. Id take Lloydy kicking 2.11 and we winning!!!!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I'm telling ya'll it is his routine. He uses the same routine that took 45 second, and is trying to squeeze it into 30 seconds. Shorten teh run up Lloyd, and leave your socks alone.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:It doesn't help when a maggot yells out "10secs Lloydy" just as he is settling over the ball deep in concentration....happened 3 times last night for 3 misses. :evil:

And to Chook when he missed from 15m out.
Lloyd is still given far more leniency than the average player. He knows the available time has been shortened and yet persists with the same routine which is not very smart.

Having said that, his final goals tally for the year will be around the 60 mark which is a pretty good effort coming off last years injury.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Take the captaincy away and he'll be back to normal.
Rubbish. The last few weeks we have seen how good Lloydy can be when he stays in the forward line. Took quite a few strong marks last night which was great to see.
Just needs to work on his kicking, but I think its due to the fact he hasnt really altered his routine for the 30seconds rule, he is really rushing.
Indeed.

Just kick the f****** ball, then worry about your socks and shorts. My god he spends all the time when the ball is at the other end bending over, surely he could stop it before goals so he isn't rushed.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm telling ya'll it is his routine. He uses the same routine that took 45 second, and is trying to squeeze it into 30 seconds. Shorten teh run up Lloyd, and leave your socks alone.
100% correct.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I sometimes wonder if Lloydy has a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder as his socks and shorts always need to stay the same way. I don't really care what he does as along as he keeps kicking goals, hopefully the accuracy will also come back.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

robrulz5 wrote:I sometimes wonder if Lloydy has a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder as his socks and shorts always need to stay the same way. I don't really care what he does as along as he keeps kicking goals, hopefully the accuracy will also come back.
Anyone who knows anything about sports psychology knows the importance of ritual and the dangers in attempting to change it.

Lloyd this year is 67% over the last seven years he has averaged 70%. I'd say in that area he is still at the very least par for the course.