Winderlich

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Winderlich

Post by Boyler_Room »

Anyone think Winderlich will be cited for colliding with an umpire... the fricken idiot got in his way when he was charging down the corridor and received the handball. Winderlich got the ball and then collided with the umpire... who effectively stopped his clear run through the half forward line to deliver.

If King can get away with taking a mark over a goal umpire (and have it paid) then I don't see this as a problem... just asking for people's thoughts.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

My thought is the umpire lived. Already a sad end to the story there.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

6 weeks. Probably more.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Is it a suspendable offence any more? I can only recall players getting fined this year for making contact with an umpire as opposed to being suspended.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

He'll get cited. The AFL is run by a pack of incompetent monkeys. Hmm, on second thoughts, monkeys are more competent than the idiots that are there. :roll:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robbie67 wrote:My thought is the umpire lived. Already a sad end to the story there.
I was thinking much the same thing when it happened. Should have been someone with a much heavier body running at much the same speed.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha, you're kidding right? More like the umpire should be cited and fined for shepherding a player off the ball....
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:Haha, you're kidding right? More like the umpire should be cited and fined for shepherding a player off the ball....
They struggles to be in the correct position a few times tonight.

They're talking about bringing in a 4th next year because of this hands/back rule. How about the umpires taking some responsibility for their actions/positioning? If they use 4 then it will escalate in frequency.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Haha, you're kidding right? More like the umpire should be cited and fined for shepherding a player off the ball....
They struggles to be in the correct position a few times tonight.

They're talking about bringing in a 4th next year because of this hands/back rule. How about the umpires taking some responsibility for their actions/positioning? If they use 4 then it will escalate in frequency.
How about getting rid of the shit rule and shit umpires? That may in fact improve the standard of the game.....
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

They are useless. They love their hands in the back rule so much they forget about every other aspect of the game. How about when Hird had his head cut off about 40m out? No free. Who was it that had their head pushed for that flyer from the hack? Stanton? That was too high. Far too many times we were held without it, no free. The exact same thing happens in the same passage of play to the Richmond player who picks up the loose ball.... free kick not 5 seconds later. Yellow and black glasses on those fricken blind maggots.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote: Who was it that had their head pushed for that flyer from the hack? Stanton? That was too high.
It was Mal Michael. I pissed myself laughing. Here we have a game - a great game of Aussie Rules. It is now infested with bullshit softness that is turning me off. How many times have we seen this year, a free kicked paid when there is a hand in someone's back that had a force applied equivelent to a feather hitting the ground? Then we see a severe push on the head during a marking contest and it is allowed......
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Oh no. 4 umpires. That would be four times as bad!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote: Who was it that had their head pushed for that flyer from the hack? Stanton? That was too high.
It was Mal Michael. I pissed myself laughing. Here we have a game - a great game of Aussie Rules. It is now infested with bullshit softness that is turning me off. How many times have we seen this year, a free kicked paid when there is a hand in someone's back that had a force applied equivelent to a feather hitting the ground? Then we see a severe push on the head during a marking contest and it is allowed......
I thought it was NLM but yeah how f****** ridiculous... You could here the maggot even saying no no it was in your head not your back.... Laugh out loud!!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Yeah actually my brother just came in and said he thought it was NLM as well.

In your head?? What is he, a complete moron? That's not too high? What an idiot.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Looked like Mal to me!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

You cant touch the back but can hold someone's head. Can't that cause damage to somene' neck?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:Looked like Mal to me!
It was NLM. If you can bring yourself to watch the replay, you will find that the maggot blew the whistle before the mark was completed. He was goingto pay the free kick to NLM, but when the "mark" was held, he changed his mind.