Should Kepler Play Against WCE

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Should Kepler Play Against WCE

Post by Windy_Hill »

I think he hs done enough in the ressies to deserve one last go this season in his home town.

Any thoughts
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Yeah, bring him in. It would be much better to play him in front of the WC crowd than our own. Poor bugger gets booed by his own supporters in melbourne. Got to play forward though which probably means dropping gumby.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Yep. Agree with you Andrew. Might be good to give the kid a game on "neutral" turf. This has been a sad blight on Essendon fans this year.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Why not? I dislike Kepler for his lack of skills, but not alot of our guys from last week deserve a game for the lack of effort they put in.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

Post by tony coz »

Given his form in Bendigo he is obviously more suited to the forward half of the ground than the defensive half. The Fletcher experiment worked but unfortunatly the Kepler backman experiment didnt.
If he does play forward I feel that we may have to much height, Lloyd, Lucas, Gumby, & Kepler?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

usually i would say yes bring him in as he deserves a chance... but Bendigo are in an elimination final on sunday and he is crucial to there chances of winning!!! :?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Deserves a go up forward for a game.

Problem is we had too many talls last week as is, and Neagle is also tipped to debut this weekend. So their inclusion really needs to be at the expense of two other talls, otherwise you`re giving these kids a spot in the team but no role to play (just like Gumby the last couple of weeks).

So...Gumby and Hille out? Ryder to ruck more with Fletch coming back into the side.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Why not? GUmby has had a chacne to show what he has, and has been abel to show he will be a star. Ryder, could learn something from playing against Cox.

I think this game should be about giving guys a chance to play for a spot on the roster next season, if they haven't allready been given a chance yet.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Why not? You need to reward two's form and from all he reports he's been amongst the best most weeks. And at least he'll give it a red-hot crack. not like some of the piss-weak performances we've endured over the past month or so.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I have faith in him. He's named in the team.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I'm happy for him to play in the reserves and have a crack at finals. Not interested in seeing him play seniors.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:usually i would say yes bring him in as he deserves a chance... but Bendigo are in an elimination final on sunday and he is crucial to there chances of winning!!! :?
Bendigo's chances of winning, even in finals should NEVER be an issue when selecting the Essendon team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.