Where are EFC at in regard to finding a new coach?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Where are EFC at in regard to finding a new coach?

Post by gringo »

For a club that rushed to sack Sheedy because it didn't want to be left behind in the race to find a new coach, we are certainly taking our time. Have we made any progress at all? Who are the candidates? Who is on the selection committee? What are our requirements?

It seems that the new coach is going to have a hell of a lot work to do during the off season, hence the sooner we appoint a new coach the better.

Can anyone tell me anything about the above?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Well one of the major betting shops is not taking bets because apparently "we dont take bets on things that have already been decided". These guys are you usually on the money, so i guess that explains it.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Not a clue where they are at. I think it is obvious though, thy wanted to have a look at Voss. They were under the impression he would go to Carlton adn thought they should rush a decision and go after him. They let media hype and a decision by another club dictate their decision.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Not a clue where they are at. I think it is obvious though, thy wanted to have a look at Voss. They were under the impression he would go to Carlton adn thought they should rush a decision and go after him. They let media hype and a decision by another club dictate their decision.
Or they thought Neale Daniher might be snapped up by Freo.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: Where are EFC at in regard to finding a new coach?

Post by Doctor Fish »

gringo wrote:For a club that rushed to sack Sheedy because it didn't want to be left behind in the race to find a new coach, we are certainly taking our time. Have we made any progress at all? Who are the candidates? Who is on the selection committee? What are our requirements?

It seems that the new coach is going to have a hell of a lot work to do during the off season, hence the sooner we appoint a new coach the better.

I know the first thing anyone is going ask me is "Source?" But I've heard it's a done deal already. Mark Thompson. The source being someone very close to the man himself. Have checked back with him on a fortnightly basis and the name has stayed the same. Can't elaborate any more, but the longer nothing happens, the better.

:wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
gringo wrote:For a club that rushed to sack Sheedy because it didn't want to be left behind in the race to find a new coach, we are certainly taking our time. Have we made any progress at all? Who are the candidates? Who is on the selection committee? What are our requirements?

I know the first thing anyone is going ask me is "Source?" But I've heard it's a done deal already. Mark Thompson. The source being someone very close to the man himself. Have checked back with him on a fortnightly basis and the name has stayed the same. Can't elaborate any more, but the longer nothing happens, the better.

If you're correct Doc, you have just prescribed me the best medicine imagineable. Not that I would be upset in getting Rowdy, but getting Bomber would be F****** GREAT.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

If you're correct Doc, you have just prescribed me the best medicine imagineable. Not that I would be upset in getting Rowdy, but getting Bomber would be F****** GREAT.
Same with me Benny. My source thinks I'm a stalker. I'm obsessed with it. I hassle him about it all the time. If it is true, it all makes sense. They had to go early to declare their interest in MT. Just in case he'd get re-signed at Catland. If they've pulled it off, the board deserve a bloody medal, not a sacking...
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Outside of the bomber thompson thing I've got my money on Hardwick. Duel Premiership player in two different systems and now on the up with Hawthorn.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Apparently the deal is pretty much done.

This reminds me of when Collingwood poached Malthouse. They were interviewing everyone, as soon as they interviewed Malthouse during the '99 season, McGuire comes out and says "we will not be talking to anyone til the end of the year, blah blah blah". They had stitched up malthouse as their coach, but couldnt announce it as WC were still playing.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

Same with me Benny. My source thinks I'm a stalker. I'm obsessed with it. I hassle him about it all the time. If it is true, it all makes sense. They had to go early to declare their interest in MT. Just in case he'd get re-signed at Catland. If they've pulled it off, the board deserve a bloody medal, not a sacking...
Yes, and I would go out of my way to read a Patrick Smith article to see what the idiot has to say then.....
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

hillchaser wrote:Outside of the bomber thompson thing I've got my money on Hardwick. Duel Premiership player in two different systems and now on the up with Hawthorn.
I'd be very happy with Hardwick.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

Yes, and I would go out of my way to read a Patrick Smith article to see what the idiot has to say then.....
Patrick Who???

Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Why would Bomber Thompson leave a club like Geelong, where he is a good chance of winning his first premiership as a coach and has one of the best lists in the afl to come to our club?? It just doesn't make sense to me. Personally i hope either Daniher or McKenna get the job.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Should the title read:
Where is the EFC in regards to finding a new coach?

Poor grammar once again.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Why would Bomber Thompson leave a club like Geelong, where he is a good chance of winning his first premiership as a coach and has one of the best lists in the afl to come to our club?? It just doesn't make sense to me. Personally i hope either Daniher or McKenna get the job.
That is my question. He is sitting on a goldmine of talent. But stranger things have happened in football.

BTW, you still have me wondering what is wrong with the colour of Ms Twigley's titties....
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Why would Bomber Thompson leave a club like Geelong, where he is a good chance of winning his first premiership as a coach and has one of the best lists in the afl to come to our club?? It just doesn't make sense to me. Personally i hope either Daniher or McKenna get the job.
That is my question. He is sitting on a goldmine of talent. But stranger things have happened in football.

BTW, you still have me wondering what is wrong with the colour of Ms Twigley's titties....
All is not well off-field at the Cattery...

I too think McKenna would be good, not too sure about Neale. He'd lost the young players at Melbourne. Not a good sign...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Bomber Thompson!! Gee I am sorry but what has Bomber done in 8 years coaching Geelong

If it was this time last year we'd all be screaming "NO WAY"

And to be frank, Geelong's list over the last 5 years has been markedly better than ours so what miracles do you expect Bomber to perform. I am a Daniher fan and think he'd be great for the club right at this point in time. He did extremely well with an average Melbourne list to get them to a Grand Final (Bomber hasnt done that yet) and to finals at regular intervals.

Our club needs a cool, calm head right now and there is none calmer than Neale Danihers.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Pity Mark Williams isn't available.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

No BT for me thanks. As was said, if you asked at this time last year we'd all say "no way".
And the reason for that is because while they were losing he had no idea and nothing positive to say.
I don't think that would be a good thing for a losing Essendon team next year, which is what we'll mostly be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Neale Daniher for mine, but wouldn't mine McKenna either
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals