Is there trouble amongst the playing group ?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Is there trouble amongst the playing group ?

Post by MH_Bomber »

I heard an interview on AW with Sheedy on Wednesday night. I am sure he half alluded to a problem within the playing group but didnt want elaborate before his last game.

Having witnessed last Sunday's debacle, I cant help but think there was a lack of harmony within the group. They were not playing for eachother - they were playing for themselves. Is it do to with Hille, Watson and Peverill being dropped ? Is it to do with different reactions to Sheed's non reappointment ? Was it simply that the emotion of the farewell was too much to deal with ? The selection decisions would surely have surprised some of the players, were they annoyed with some lazy players gettting games ahead of hard workers ?

The thing we need most from the new coach is recreate cohesion and have everyone working for the one goal. I dont think Lloyd will lose the captaincy but I think it would be better for the team and him if he simply had to concentrate on kicking goals. I'd make McVeigh captain.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tony coz
On the Rookie List

Post by tony coz »

there is always going to be a bit of instability when you lose a coach of 27 years and an insperational leader such as James.
Things will all fall into place next year I suspect with a new coach.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

You would have thought that the loss of sheeds and hirdy would of brought the boys closer as a group?? With a new coach next year im sure the harmony will return.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

I had heard that jobe was droped due to a conflict with sheeds, I just hope that if there is any difference in opinion over all of this it does not continue amongst the players themselves, and flow into next year
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Hille was dropped due to conflicts with Sheeds, I believe, carrying on and disagreeing with being benched, I think? So maybe someone got confused and told you Jobe, ZRS?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

Post by tony coz »

Team balance is always the most important issue. Players have a profile, image or chip on thier sholders and naturally dont like spending time on the bench. I seem to recall that James didnt like being benched and let the coaching box know about it after he kicked that goal last year (I think it was last year?) Coach and player patched things up and life continues. Footy is a passionate game. Players can take spending time on the bench as a negative and start whining or look at the poisitive side and improve themselves on the training track to become a better player and thereby spend more time on the ground and contribute more to the team effort :shock: .