Those who think Lloyd suffers from poor delivery............

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Those who think Lloyd suffers from poor delivery............

Post by robbie67 »

.........it doesn't seem to bother Scott Lucas. He just goes and gets the fkin thing.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

It's a good point, and well made...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

When was the last time a player kicked 7 in a quarter? Simon Beaumont about 8 years ago?

I want to meet that toothless Richmond c*** who sat behind me last week, in total seriousness, going on about how much of a dud Lucas is, and how good Kayne Pettifer is going to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:When was the last time a player kicked 7 in a quarter? Simon Beaumont about 8 years ago?

I want to meet that toothless Richmond c*** who sat behind me last week, in total seriousness, going on about how much of a dud Lucas is, and how good Kayne Pettifer is going to be.
You sure he was a Richmond c***? I have an Essendon c*** behind me who says exactly the same thing. He'll end up over the railngs of the 2nd level one day....
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

If Lloyd got to the front for once and stop giving away stupid push in the back free kicks all the time it'd help. Lucas you star :D
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Lucas was rubbish until that last quarter, and boy oh boy did he turn it on. Every time he went near the damn thing after that first goal he snagged himself another one. Just a pity the umpires raped him of any chance of winning the game off his own boot... and that little clip on his heel that set him off balance to kick that final behind. Had that gone through, fairytale finish.

To answer the question though, having seen the delivery last week, it's rubbish.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

JumboPaddy wrote:If Lloyd got to the front for once and stop giving away stupid push in the back free kicks all the time it'd help.
And it would help if Lloydy DIDN'T F***ING GO TO GROUND AT EVERY SECOND BLOODY CONTEST. DRIVES ME CRAZY. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE BALL AND KICK A GOAL FLAT ON YOUR F**KING FACE????
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

That too Lisk stop f**king whingeing and go for the ball. Far out.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I beg to differ. In the last quarter the ball was delivered to Lucas in the manner we have all been screaming about over the last few weeks. He is a leading player and takes many of his marks in front on a fast lead. We actually got our act together in terms of ball delivery into the forward line and kicked it to Scott's advantage. Have look at some of the supposed passes to Lloyd in the first half of the game and you'll see the difference.

Nevertheless Lucas's effort in the last quarter was, in my opinion, superhuman. If that trip had of been paid he would have no doubt have got 8 in the last quarter and won us the game. There have only been 3 players in the history of AFL to have kicked 8 in a quarter. So what we witnessed yesterday was something special.

Yes it has been driving me crazy LLoyd's going to ground though.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

MH_Bomber wrote:I beg to differ. In the last quarter the ball was delivered to Lucas in the manner we have all been screaming about over the last few weeks. He is a leading player and takes many of his marks in front on a fast lead. We actually got our act together in terms of ball delivery into the forward line and kicked it to Scott's advantage. Have look at some of the supposed passes to Lloyd in the first half of the game and you'll see the difference.
Agree.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

MH_Bomber wrote:I beg to differ. In the last quarter the ball was delivered to Lucas in the manner we have all been screaming about over the last few weeks. He is a leading player and takes many of his marks in front on a fast lead. We actually got our act together in terms of ball delivery into the forward line and kicked it to Scott's advantage. Have look at some of the supposed passes to Lloyd in the first half of the game and you'll see the difference.

Nevertheless Lucas's effort in the last quarter was, in my opinion, superhuman. If that trip had of been paid he would have no doubt have got 8 in the last quarter and won us the game. There have only been 3 players in the history of AFL to have kicked 8 in a quarter. So what we witnessed yesterday was something special.

Spot on. Clearly most of you didnt watch the first three quarters when our kicking resembled that of an under 14 team. We finally made some space and finally hit a target. All of the sudden, we actually looked like a decent team.

And considering Lucas only kicked one goal in 2 and a half quarters of footy, I would say that it bothered him too in that time.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Lloyd was playing from behind, running into bad spots, and trying to wrestle in the goal square. While I agree the disposal to Lloyd was poor, Lucas kept leading up the middle of the ground when the space there, and he was just going and getting the damn ball. Lloyd was putting on the flying act, and looking to the ump for a free.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Agree - also remember back to Richmond game when 4 times Hird was on the lead and 4 times the ball bounced about 10 metres from where he was running to. No one would blame Jimmy for that and we shouldn't blame Lloyd when the same thing happens to him.

BTW I agree with the calls about Lloyd keeping his feet and stopping the free kick appeals.
Bleeding for the red and black
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:When was the last time a player kicked 7 in a quarter? Simon Beaumont about 8 years ago?

You sure he was a Richmond c***? I have an Essendon c*** behind me who says exactly the same thing. He'll end up over the railngs of the 2nd level one day....
Your seats must be near mine BD (second level, members side) as I too have weekly run-ins with an Essendon fan that delights in bagging Lucas. It's like it's become a religion for him... Worst thing is, you can tell the stupid git hasn't played a game of footy in his life...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sumich was the last player in 1991 at the WACA against Footscray.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Your seats must be near mine BD (second level, members side) as I too have weekly run-ins with an Essendon fan that delights in bagging Lucas. It's like it's become a religion for him... Worst thing is, you can tell the stupid git hasn't played a game of footy in his life...
I'm over at the Great Southern Stand, virtually on the wing. There's a young guy and his old man who just come along to pay out on our guys after every mistake. The young kid yells at the top of his voice "GET OFF THE GROUND (insert name)" or "YOU'RE A DUD (insert name)" or "YOU'RE USELESS (insert name)". It's the same shit every time. About the 4th or 5th occasion is where I ark up and threaten to throw him over the railings and then he shuts up for the rest of the game. It is a constant ritual.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Rossoneri wrote:

Spot on. Clearly most of you didnt watch the first three quarters
True, but only from what I heard sounded like Lloyd was all over the shop but mind you it was biased commentary I heard so I'll take your word for it.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Lloyd going to ground or perhaps more his inability to get back in the contest if he fails to mark or there is poor delivery is a problem. I think he has curtailed the plaintive look to the umps a bit.

Perhaps Lucas should be the Full Forward and have Lloyd play permanently at CHF where he can be more in the action. He needs to get his turning circle and recovery better for this though. Sometimes this year he has looked decidly immobile.

I was just so rapt with the Lucas effort.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Lloyd has always failed to keep his feet. What shits me about him is when he decides to go ball hunting and ends up on the wing or half back...

He should plant his feet on the paint at the goal line, lead hard and straight into space and then go back to the paint...one thing I will commend him on is his second efforts...he does not like to the pill out...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

What shits me is people who think they know how to play full forward better than Lloyd, the most consistant forward in the game for over 10 years. The same people bitching about how people slag off lucas, then doing exactly the same to Lloyd.