West Coast Supporters

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

West Coast Supporters

Post by robbie67 »

Never really thought much of this mob. A bit self satisfied, a bit Carlton with no history, a bit under siege from the Victorians.

Have to say, they were absolutely brilliant today. They clapped Sheedy every where he went before the game, and they were great to both Sheedy and Hird after the game. I now hope they win the flag.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

No, I hope they dont win the flag and frankly, to not have acknowledged these great players was unthinkable.

Good on em though for showing more respect to Hird than when he played his Subiaco comeback game after having earlier in that year had his head caved in during the Freo game.

You may recall they were booing Hird everytime he went near the ball.

Dont like em, never will
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I can just see the Filth or Scum supporters showing them the same respect....................not.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Windy_Hill wrote:No, I hope they dont win the flag and frankly, to not have acknowledged these great players was unthinkable.

Good on em though for showing more respect to Hird than when he played his Subiaco comeback game after having earlier in that year had his head caved in during the Freo game.

You may recall they were booing Hird everytime he went near the ball.

Dont like em, never will
Yes I remember that, but I think they redeemed themselves today.
Bleeding for the red and black
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

They were very good today. But I still don't like them.

Respect todays fans, do not respect most of the side.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

i must have been sitting in the c*** section then - because they were the most disgusting "human" beings i have ever come across.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The ones around me whinged and moaned all during the game but at the finish they all stayed and cheered and clapped. I couldn't believe that virtually none of them left the ground.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I haven't ever liked WCE fans, although my Father in law is one (he's an exception), but today I thought they were exceptional come the end of the game. Name me another rival club that would have given a tribute like that to Hird and Sheeds, or anyone else for that matter? I'm not sure there would be (m)any.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

At least we knocked them out of second place and their home final. 3 premierships in 20 years? Hmm, we've had 2 in that time.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Boyler_Room wrote:I haven't ever liked WCE fans, although my Father in law is one (he's an exception), but today I thought they were exceptional come the end of the game. Name me another rival club that would have given a tribute like that to Hird and Sheeds, or anyone else for that matter? I'm not sure there would be (m)any.

Mate, sorry to disappoint but any other club and club fans would have done what the Weagles did today. Not having a go at them, and good on em for showing the respect that Hird and Sheedy reightfully deserve bet seriously....they are numb nut mongrels in Perth so lets not get too touchy
feely
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

i was there, except for a few f*** heads, west coast supporters were great. Boo'd Hird once when he got a free kick. everybody stayed after the game, everyone watched the video, and watched the 2 greats get chaired off.
red n black til i die
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

I was there too, and apart from 1 f***wit behind me and another one in front of me the Budgie crowd was fairly respectful. Still don't like 'em but, chardonnay sipping cocksmokers!
BTW, according to the lovely old dear sitting next to me, f***wit number 1 has managed to upset pretty much everyone in the immediate area over the course of this year.
jorayme
Top Up Player

Post by jorayme »

Hirdy's great goal was even applauded by the turkey fans around me. The other thing as a few said to me that they love watching him play as he is so silky but they are also glad he won't be playing against them again as he always seems to cause them problems. We have the best record against them, than any other Melbourne based club. And that has a lot to do with Jimmy. Lets hope the boys in the future can keep that up without the Great One to fall back on.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I think there is a deep respect between clubs in my opinion.

The jacket waving, the Sheedy slitting his throat at White, lots of good tough games.

I respect WCE more than any other interstate team, because they built themsleves up from scratch without concessions. Not like the others.

Now it's finals, I'm hoping Geelong win (for my Geelong supporter son).
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

They were fantastic. All the supporters around me on Saturday were great. (I was in the pocket at the Eagles cheer squad end.) No agro from anyone in the crowd.

They gave Hirdy a standing ovation when he ran onto the ground. It was fantastic.

No one left the ground after the game and you couldn't fault what the Eagles club did or there supporters did during or after the game.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bombercol wrote:I think there is a deep respect between clubs in my opinion.

The jacket waving, the Sheedy slitting his throat at White, lots of good tough games.

I respect WCE more than any other interstate team, because they built themsleves up from scratch without concessions. Not like the others.

Now it's finals, I'm hoping Geelong win (for my Geelong supporter son).
Not true Col...the Eagles in fact had the best concession package of any of the newcomers to the competition.

They were still receiving pre draft selections after making the prelim in 1990.

There was a moratorium on getting players from WA in 1986 so they had free reign to pick whatever WA players they liked when they started up (not given to Adelaide, Port or Freo) and they were also able to make local selections for the next 3-4 years (which netted them the likes of Jakovich and McIntosh)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Still hate em....sorry
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Don't care how nice the supporters are...all though I have experience with some who defend the drug addicted, violent, law breaking arseholes every chance the get while whinging and sooking about the treatment poor old Michael Braun copped.

I hate the f****** club, I have nothing but disdain for a club that allowed a player to continue playing depite the fact they knew he was breaking the league rules and also the law and had a significant drug problem in July last year.

Good on them for giving Sheeds and Hird the send off they deserved. About f****** time that club did something positive for the image of the game.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

A mate of mine,who saved himself the Pain of watching PERTH getting SPANKED(thinking about the Piss up that night)and saw the game.

He's a pretty much full on Eagles fan,but he was DISGUSTED with the Treatment LLOYDIE got in the 3 Tier Stand area(Gate 24)with language your Dear old Mum wouldn't wear.

I'd like to think with what happened after the game,every club's got 'em and WEST COAST are no different.But they're a Funny lot,for a Bunch of Conservative Constituents.

Whilst they've still got their(South Australian like)VICTORIAN hang ups,they'll disgust you with the Rubbish they get up to 1 minute,then amaze you with some polite applause the next.

I find many reasons to stick der BOOTS into 'em,But you gotta give CREDIT where it's due.