JUDD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

JUDD

Post by tony coz »

I hear rumors in the media that Carlton are trying to get Judd across with some big money figures being quoted. Kerr has come out and said that Judd wont be leaving but being from Melbourne you would think that one of his dreams would be to come back to the big smoke and play footy in Victoria?
:roll:
Anyway if the rumor about Carlton is true surly Essendon must be in there doing thier best to secure his signature. We have the money and desperatly need a quality midfielder.

We have lost and elite player in Hird and need another elite player like Judd to replace him.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

nah, you would have to give up too much and only Carlton would be stupid enough to do that

The only way a club will get Judd is if they finish last and can snap him up in the Pre Season Draft without penalty (assuming he agrees to join that club)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

It's highly unlikely that Judd will want to leave.

He has significant business interests here in WA and after the season he has had this year, I think he will want to come out next year and prove himself all over again.

And why would you want to go from the premiers to the total basket case that is Carlton.

Money is not his motivation...he has said this repeatedly.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Word is that Channel 9 (as led by Eddie) are offering Twiggers a deal to cross from Ch 9 Perth to Ch 9 Melbourne.

Hmmmmm.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Money isn't his motivation because he's making truckloads of it outside football. Verg big fish in the relatively small pond that is Perth/WA.

Might make and extra $100-$200K if he game back to Melbourne but his earning potential outside of footy would be reduced as well.

Personally I would love to see Carlton give up picks 1, 3 and whatever their 2nd Round draft pick is for Juddy...because if I was the Coasters, that's the only thing I would accept.

It's not like they've got to many talented youngsters that they would actually be willing to give up for him.

If that did happen I'm pretty sure that we would find out that Judd would not be able to carry a team and they would still be shit, and will have set their rebuilding back massively.

I say go for it Blues.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Whoever gets him is going to have cap problems. I can't see any team accommodating $1.2m+ or whatever they're saying at the moment for one player in a $6.3-$7m cap. That's about 15-20% of your total player payments.

These are the out of contract eagles for 2007:

Daniel Chick
Jaymie Graham
Shannon Hurn
Chris Judd
Rowan Jones
Ben McKinley
Mark Nicoski
Tyson Stenglein
Mark Seaby
Ashley Sampi
James Thompson
Josh Wooden

They've actually done pretty well there - the big names (Cox, Kerr, Cousins, Lynch, Hansen, Glass, Staker, Priddis, Rosa) are all signed up.

Of interest (IMO) are Hurn, Judd, Nicoski, Stenglein, Wooden.

Assuming that those big names are all out of contract next year, if they spend 15-20% on Judd they are going to be in big strife (as per EFC in 2002).
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Chick was quoted in the West Australian this morning as saying this is probably his last year.

Wooden announced his retirement earlier this week (due to ongoing injury problems)

Sampi will be delisted.

Seaby has indicated that he wants to stay and is apparently close to a new deal.

Nicoski is an interesting one as he has missed a lot of footy through injury the last two years and may seek an opportunity elsewhere. I think the Eagles will look to keep him though.

They'll definitely keep Hurn and Stenglein.

Jones has played well this year and will probably be offered a new contract.

Grayham may be trade bait as he plays behind Cox and Seaby.

McKinley is a young Victorian who has been here for two years now and only played one game (the 91 pt thrashing by Port earlier this year). He may want to be traded back to Victoria.

As for Thompson...I don't know anything about him.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Mark Nicoski.
Tyson Stenglein.
Mark Seaby.

Seaby wont move, Stenglien would be very nice! Nicoski looks alright.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Judd will ruin his career if he goes to Carlton.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

It took 4 days from the end of the home and away season to get a Judd thread going.

Shame on all of us. It should take no more than 2-3 hours after the end of the season to revive this fetishistic ritual.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Staggy wrote:Word is that Channel 9 (as led by Eddie) are offering Twiggers a deal to cross from Ch 9 Perth to Ch 9 Melbourne.

Hmmmmm.
Good old Eddie. Talk about your backdoor man...

Wonder what Twiggers will do at nine. I suppose it would make the weather report a tad more interesting, especially if she wears "that dress". Livinia must shitting bricks...

She could even take on the chick affectionately known as "Fev's Missus". The one that doesn't seem to go by any other name... She's starting to bob up here and there... Hmmmmmm (Again, just with a little bit more thought in it this time)...

:-k
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:It took 4 days from the end of the home and away season to get a Judd thread going.

Shame on all of us. It should take no more than 2-3 hours after the end of the season to revive this fetishistic ritual.
A sure sign of our decline as a club is not just the fact that it took so long, but it wasnt until the SECOND paragraph in the thread that he was linked with us.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I might be wrong, but didn't he barrack for the Dons as a kid?..
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Doctor Fish wrote:I might be wrong, but didn't he barrack for the Dons as a kid?..
I thought he barracked for the demons :?:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Definitely the Demons

Go to Demonology and they have Come Home Judd threads....

In the end it means shit because as of now he is a tried and true Eagles supporter
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

She might be going to Melbourne,but he ain't going anywhere!

Despite their struggles of late,why would he risk what he's got at WEST COAST for uncertainty elsewhere?

Unless Geelong have got something to offer WEST COAST.Uh-uh!No deal there!