MISITI

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

MISITI

Post by tony coz »

It was interesting to see Joe's name in Sheeds best team on the interchange bench. Actually it was good to see him there. Considering how many players Sheeds has coached over the 27 years it says alot about Joey as a player to make the team.
Many people commented on his lack of pace but he was a very underrated player. :lol:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He was outstanding in 2000. 38 possies and four goals against the Roos in that Qualifying Final if my memory serves me correctly...
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:He was outstanding in 2000. 38 possies and four goals against the Roos in that Qualifying Final if my memory serves me correctly...
Almost - it was a staggering 41 disposals and everyone of them were precise.

In fact, he totalled 98 disposals in the 3 finals that year.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: MISITI

Post by tonysoprano »

tony coz wrote:It was interesting to see Joe's name in Sheeds best team on the interchange bench. Actually it was good to see him there. Considering how many players Sheeds has coached over the 27 years it says alot about Joey as a player to make the team.
Many people commented on his lack of pace but he was a very underrated player. :lol:
Dead set fair dinkum robbed of All-Aust status in 2000.

Does anyone remember when in 2001 Hird said that JJ had produced the best season he had seen by anyone ever? Smokin' Joe was at least that level in 2000.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

a great player Joe.

I don't know if he was ever underrated by essendon fans. Prob a few saw his time was up like most players who play too long.

its only the freaks like Hird who are brilliant to the very end.