So far so good...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

So far so good...

Post by Doctor Fish »

I realise it's only been a couple of weeks, but I'm impressed with Knighta's decision making since he took over. Has made the hard call on several borderline players careers. Has said he will target the problems that drive most EFC supporters nuts (Disposal, disposal and er... disposal). Refused to trade for junk (So far. There's still a couple of hours to go...). Those knob jockeys KB and Greg Denham on SEN were getting stuck into the Bombers for not doing much in the trade period. I don't see this as a negative...

All in all, I think we've got the makings of a good coach in our midst. Keep up the good work Knighta...

=D> =D> =D>
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think we should have been more active in trade week.
By the end of this season we will see if Knights has been able to develop our lists.
Maybe that is his plan. Go a season without alot of change. Try and develop them. And the players that do not come good will be moved on.
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Agree, and has shown that he is not playing favourites by throwing up Bradleys' name for trade. He of all coaches would know what KP is capable of and he obviously worked well under him as a coach, but Knights seems to know that there is a great gaping gap between the level of football played at V.F.L level and A.F.L. Knights looks like he is going into his new position with his eyes wide open and is looking at everyone objectively.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Essendon4eva wrote:I think we should have been more active in trade week.
By the end of this season we will see if Knights has been able to develop our lists.
Maybe that is his plan. Go a season without alot of change. Try and develop them. And the players that do not come good will be moved on.
who should have been traded for what.

the only thing of value we had to trade were picks, and i agree with knights not to loose any.
any players we are willing to trade were not wanted by other clubs, no point trading just for the sake of it, there has to be value for EFC
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Oops. I meant that I agreed with the Doc, not with E4E. How has he not made many changes? What else could he honestly have changed? And no, we most likely will not see if the list has developed too much as the list that truly needs developing is so young. Give him two to three seasons to really show what he can do.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a judgment on the quality of Knights as a coach. I just would have like to have seen him be more active during trade week.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

He came out and said he wasn't going to trade picks for players, when he had specific strategies with the draft.

I would prefer he sticks with what he thinks is the right thing rather than be active during trade week for the sake of it.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a judgment on the quality of Knights as a coach. I just would have like to have seen him be more active during trade week.
what other players would you have put up for trade? it seems no-one was interested in Bradley or MJ, i don't see who else would would give up at the moment?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Peverill. Jason Johnson. We might not have got anything for them, but I would have liked to have heard they were being shopped around.
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

(Essendon4eva wrote "I just would have like to have seen him be more active during trade week")

Doing what? Explain what you wanted to see him do? He shouldn't just something, there has to be something to do before you do it!

And no, I am new, and don't know how to do that fancy quote thingy that you all do, so before you have a go, explain it to me and then I won't need to use inverted commas.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Lenni wrote:(Essendon4eva wrote "I just would have like to have seen him be more active during trade week")

Doing what? Explain what you wanted to see him do? He shouldn't just something, there has to be something to do before you do it!

And no, I am new, and don't know how to do that fancy quote thingy that you all do, so before you have a go, explain it to me and then I won't need to use inverted commas.
Just hit the quote button at the top right of the post that you want to quote, and it will put the text in automatically.

Welcome to BT, by the way.
Last edited by dom_105 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Peverill. Jason Johnson. We might not have got anything for them, but I would have liked to have heard they were being shopped around.
Im sure if we intended to keep them, they would have loooooooooooooved to hear they were being shopped around.

You really are a few clowns short of the circus arent you? You only ever let it out if you truly are considering getting rid of them. You'd sort of like them in the right frame of mind, for the following year if you were going to keep them. Dont you think?..............Oh that's right.........
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Read the post above yoiu. ALong with Kepler Bradley, I think we could have got something for Peverill and Json Johnson.

the quote thing. Above the post you want to quote in the right hand corner, there is a a button that says 'quote'. Click that and it will take you to the reply page with the quote done automatically for you.
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

:oops: LOL, thank you Dom_105. You are my knight in shining black and red!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Lenni wrote:(Essendon4eva wrote "I just would have like to have seen him be more active during trade week")

No worries Lenni, you have made more sense in your twenty posts than Essendon4eva has made in over 850.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Peverill. Jason Johnson. We might not have got anything for them, but I would have liked to have heard they were being shopped around.
thats not being active though... and who ever thinks Peverill should be traded should think again... seriously he was fantastic this year, god only knows why he was dropped
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

How do you know they haven't...just because it hasn't got into the media doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Besides if no-one was willin go give us a first round pick last year for JJ (aftr he had a very good 2nd half of the year) we would've been lucky to get an offer of a 2nd round pick for him this year given he had a shocker of a year.

In terms of Peverill, no one is going to offer us much, for a 28 year old, who is slow and has poor skills.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

There would have been no point shopping JJ around, and as for Peverill, he shouldn't be shopped around at all. Matter of opinion of course, but even if we did want him gone, what we have gotten for him?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie67 wrote:
Im sure if we intended to keep them, they would have loooooooooooooved to hear they were being shopped around.

You really are a few clowns short of the circus arent you? You only ever let it out if you truly are considering getting rid of them. You'd sort of like them in the right frame of mind, for the following year if you were going to keep them. Dont you think?..............Oh that's right.........
Your clueless. Quick, it is your turn. Raise or fold. You families next meal relies on the next hand!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

keri wrote:
There would have been no point shopping JJ around, and as for Peverill, he shouldn't be shopped around at all. Matter of opinion of course, but even if we did want him gone, what we have gotten for him?
I don'tknow. I jsut wanted Knights to be more active. That doesn't mean making done deals, but at least TRYING to get something for them. Espicially considering, we are looking to a future without them anyway. Knights made it clear, that from round one our young players would be getting games. Almost guarantee's those guys will be playing VFL.