HALLELUJAH!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

im getting happier by the day!!!! this is fantastic, i hope results follow
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Praise the good lord above, we have seen the light.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

If youa re going to go witha new direction and a fresh start, you need to go all the way. I like the idea of having a new fitness guy at the helm of that department.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Unbiased Opinions of MATT BARBER(Dean Capobianco's coach)just being appointed as PERTH'S Fitness and Conditioning Coach,required.

Just finished up at Back to back Premiers SUBIACO.After a stint with the Eagles.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Mark Cera's resume reads as poorly as Knights' does. He worked at St Kilda for three years who have suffered arguably the worst run of soft-tissue injuries than any other AFL club recently; the North Melbourne Giants operated in a cash-strapped competition and ended up folding; and he is coming home from China, the great mecca of competitive team sports.

Fair dinkum. I hope the clowns who are appointing these people know what's going on, because on paper it looks like they lurch from one random appointment to the next. I only hope there is method to their madness.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Hahahaha I love you Gringo. No other poster puts a smile on my face quicker.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

gringo wrote:Mark Cera's resume reads as poorly as Knights' does. He worked at St Kilda for three years who have suffered arguably the worst run of soft-tissue injuries than any other AFL club recently; the North Melbourne Giants operated in a cash-strapped competition and ended up folding; and he is coming home from China, the great mecca of competitive team sports.

Fair dinkum. I hope the clowns who are appointing these people know what's going on, because on paper it looks like they lurch from one random appointment to the next. I only hope there is method to their madness.
When did the Giants win the title?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Hmmm. A quick piece of "googling" reveals that Mark Cera worked at the Tigers in the mid 90s, prior to heading over to St Kilda. So obviously there is a pre-existing relationship between him and Knights. What a complete farce. Why don't we get all the junk over from Richmond whilst it was wallowing as the worst club in the AFL and really make a proper fist of it?

I was under the impression that we were one of the richest AFL clubs. Accordingly, I would have thought we could have got a fitness/rehab coach in who had experience at either a European football club or a US sports team. Instead, we've got some bloke who worked at Richmond whilst it was junkety junk junk, at St Kilda whilst they had a shocking run with injuries and of late has come back from the sporting wilderness of China. Mag-F******-nificent.

You can get the guy's mb number off the internet too, if anyone wants to call him. Why internet non-invasive?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:Hmmm. A quick piece of "googling" reveals that Mark Cera worked at the Tigers in the mid 90s, prior to heading over to St Kilda. So obviously there is a pre-existing relationship between him and Knights. What a complete farce. Why don't we get all the junk over from Richmond whilst it was wallowing as the worst club in the AFL and really make a proper fist of it?

I was under the impression that we were one of the richest AFL clubs. Accordingly, I would have thought we could have got a fitness/rehab coach in who had experience at either a European football club or a US sports team. Instead, we've got some bloke who worked at Richmond whilst it was junkety junk junk, at St Kilda whilst they had a shocking run with injuries and of late has come back from the sporting wilderness of China. Mag-F******-nificent.

You can get the guy's mb number off the internet too, if anyone wants to call him. Why internet non-invasive?
Still going on 2005 stats for Watto?
Essendunny
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I would be shocked to my electric pink socks if anyone can find me a post by Gringo that doesn't criticize something.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

keri wrote:I would be shocked to my electric pink socks if anyone can find me a post by Gringo that doesn't criticize something.
Nup, impossible. He's even criticised himself from time to time.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

gringo wrote:Hmmm. A quick piece of "googling" reveals that Mark Cera worked at the Tigers in the mid 90s, prior to heading over to St Kilda. So obviously there is a pre-existing relationship between him and Knights. What a complete farce. Why don't we get all the junk over from Richmond whilst it was wallowing as the worst club in the AFL and really make a proper fist of it?

What US sport comes remotely close to the physical conditions of AFL? As for Soccer!!!!!! are you kidding me?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Soccer is a completely different ball game (Literally) There's a totally different level of fitness, and an entirely different sub-set of muscle development required at elite levels of AFL. If you fail to grasp even that simple premise, then really, you have no hope of ever understanding the decisions made in this game.

As for NFL, which is the most similar game in NFL, because of the different strings used, again, the fitness level and type of fitness required is completely different.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

keri wrote:Soccer is a completely different ball game (Literally) There's a totally different level of fitness, and an entirely different sub-set of muscle development required at elite levels of AFL. If you fail to grasp even that simple premise, then really, you have no hope of ever understanding the decisions made in this game.

As for NFL, which is the most similar game in NFL, because of the different strings used, again, the fitness level and type of fitness required is completely different.
Other AFL clubs have appointed fitness coaches from the major soccer clubs in Europe who have been exposed to all the best techniques, procedures and technical expertise the world has to offer. The fact that players use different muscle groups would take all of five minutes for an expert coach to pick up on. You guys are even more deluded than I thought if you think that these guys can't work across a range of sports successfully. If anything, it would add to their appeal.

We've gone and got ourselves a bloke who knocked around VUT (hardly one of the Australia's let alone the world's elite education facilities) spent some time at Richmond whilst the club was about the worst in the country and then went to St Kilda where he got the boot. Brilliant. I'm so thrilled.

But please stick your head in the sand like most supporters on this site if it makes you happy.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:
keri wrote:I would be shocked to my electric pink socks if anyone can find me a post by Gringo that doesn't criticize something.
Nup, impossible. He's even criticised himself from time to time.
Is that some sort of weird masturbation? :lol:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

gringo wrote:
keri wrote:Soccer is a completely different ball game (Literally) There's a totally different level of fitness, and an entirely different sub-set of muscle development required at elite levels of AFL. If you fail to grasp even that simple premise, then really, you have no hope of ever understanding the decisions made in this game.

Other AFL clubs have appointed fitness coaches from the major soccer clubs in Europe
Such as?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

gringo wrote:

Other AFL clubs have appointed fitness coaches from the major soccer clubs in Europe who have been exposed to all the best techniques, procedures and technical expertise the world has to offer. The fact that players use different muscle groups would take all of five minutes for an expert coach to pick up on. You guys are even more deluded than I thought if you think that these guys can't work across a range of sports successfully. If anything, it would add to their appeal.

We've gone and got ourselves a bloke who knocked around VUT (hardly one of the Australia's let alone the world's elite education facilities) spent some time at Richmond whilst the club was about the worst in the country and then went to St Kilda where he got the boot. Brilliant. I'm so thrilled.

But please stick your head in the sand like most supporters on this site if it makes you happy.
Oh, well if everyone else is doing it, we should be as well! Look, Gringo, there's a group of people jumping off that cliff! Off you go. By that logic, you simpleton, we should also be getting a drugie as a former captain, a criminal as a chief exec, a fat bastard with a bung knee as full forward and encourage all our players to sleep with their team-mates wives!

You know why Essendon is better than the other clubs, Gringo? BECAUSE WE DON'T JUST FOLLOW THE PACK!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

keri wrote:
gringo wrote:

Oh, well if everyone else is doing it, we should be as well! Look, Gringo, there's a group of people jumping off that cliff! Off you go. By that logic, you simpleton, we should also be getting a drugie as a former captain, a criminal as a chief exec, a fat bastard with a bung knee as full forward and encourage all our players to sleep with their team-mates wives!

You know why Essendon is better than the other clubs, Gringo? BECAUSE WE DON'T JUST FOLLOW THE PACK!
Yes, my logic would encourage all of those things. Hmmmm. Were you dropped on your head as a small child Keri? Did your parents hold your head under water for extended periods? I'm just trying to work out how you can draw a link between me wanting to appoint a fitness/rehab coach who has worked at the best sporting clubs on the planet, and your conclusion that this proposition means that I wish to appoint "a fat bastard with a bung knee as full forward". I'm trying desperately hard to join the dots, but for the life of me I can't.

Look, on paper this looks like a dud appointment. Only time will tell whether or not the correct decision was made.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Looks like I agree with Gringo for a change.

Look on the bright side - Cera would have had heaps of practise dealing with soft tissue rehab at St Kilda and if history is anything to go by he should get heaps more working with Johnny Quinn.

Why aren't we poaching assistants from the better performing clubs of the last few years? I want THE BEST in the business, not Knights' mates.[/quote]
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

One view may be that Knight's is collecting a "team" of support staff that he is confident will provide him with the support he wants and therefore enable confidence in "moving forward".

The ultimate confidence will come from results. Knights has looked good so far, his rhetoric has been firm, his actions have supported his rhetoric. Now he needs the results to support the actions.

That's the hard part.