Essendon - My Club (2008 Membership)

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Essendon - My Club (2008 Membership)

Post by dom_105 »

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/membership/default2008.asp
A Message To Members.

It goes without saying – 2007 was a big year for the Essendon Football Club.

In what we’ll look back on as a season of ups and downs, there were some bright lights along the way that show that we have the building blocks in place for future success. But let me assure you, as a playing group, we’re all well aware that there is still some hard work to be done before we will be happy with our achievements. That’s why we’re all looking forward to getting back into it and putting in a big pre-season to set us up for 2008.

The Club will have very different feel to it in 2008 and that in itself generates some real excitement. A young playing group under the guidance of Matthew Knights will get their chance to step up and put this Club back where it belongs. It is an enormous challenge but one I look forward to. It is amazing how, when given the opportunity, younger players can stand up and make a real difference. Look at the progress made by players such as Paddy Ryder and Alwyn Davey in 2007 – if we can find three of four more then who knows what might happen in 2008.

Every member of the Essendon family could be in for a very exciting season.

And that’s what this year’s membership is all about – YOU. As part of the Essendon family, you are an important part of what makes this club what it is. I hope you once again will get behind the club as we look forward to an exciting future and proudly tell the football world – Essendon is my club!

Matthew Lloyd
Membership figures already up to 12,000 odd, consisting mostly of (I assume) Advantage members.

Get excited people, the 2008 season is only 5 short months away.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'll be interested to see if the absence of Sheedy and Hird has any discernible effect on our membership numbers next year. I'd hope it wouldn't either way, but every year there must be a large contingent of Essendon supporters who make their decision whether to sign up or not sign up based on a number of factors (as distinct from the die-hard regular who signs up every year without fail).
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'll be getting my first of many memberships to come next year :D All works out to be great with my work schedule. I attend a high school so does that count me in as able to get a student fee (with student card) one? It may sound dumb :lol: but I aint sure :oops:

Can't wait!!
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Yes, it does entitle you to a concession membership, as long as you have a concession card as well.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Thanks Keri :D One final question to anyone, when reserving a seat at the dome, does the price cost on top of the membership price? I've seen the site but I don't really understand. I'll be getting a bronze membership so where does that entitle me to sit in relation to this map.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/membership ... mp=seating
I'm discussing with a mate and I have no idea.

Sorry for being a nuisance :wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

You can sit anywhere, but if you want to sit bottom level, it will cost you extra.

Up top, if its going to be a decent crowd, I suggest get a reserved seat, they are $5 or something like that.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Cool thanks Rosso. :D
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Well no Hirdy wont be changing my membership, and if it doesn't change mine it better change no bastards ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I'll be buying mine. Considering a reserved seat for next year, but we'll see - depends if I can find the extra dosh up front. Sheeds/Hird gone aint a factor at all - love the Bombers, whether they're there or not. :D
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

bombers_rock wrote:I'll be buying mine. Considering a reserved seat for next year, but we'll see - depends if I can find the extra dosh up front. Sheeds/Hird gone aint a factor at all - love the Bombers, whether they're there or not. :D
That's right - its the Red & Black that gets me pumped - not any single individual. Unfortunately I don't live in Melbourne - but I'm sure I'll find a way to the games here at Subi against the hot & cold Dockers and the West Coast Wankers.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Living in Canberra I very rarely get to games, but my membership will always be assured.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Same here Col, in Canberra but signed up!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

My membership is being upgraded to High mark. I'm looking forward to the good seats at the Dome!
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'll be interested to see if the absence of Sheedy and Hird has any discernible effect on our membership numbers next year. I'd hope it wouldn't either way, but every year there must be a large contingent of Essendon supporters who make their decision whether to sign up or not sign up based on a number of factors (as distinct from the die-hard regular who signs up every year without fail).
For me its the arrival of a new coach and start of a new 'era' that makes me make sure i have the membership.