No "dour" footy from us - Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: No "dour" footy from us - Knights

Post by bomberdonnie »

Filthy wrote: Compare the Bombers' onball brigade to the all-conquering Geelong's midfield squad, and perhaps only Brent Stanton would warrant selection.
I would love to see the look on gringo's face when he reads this line!!!

Actually no I wouldnt :lol:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Unfortunately it doesnt show the "player profiles" that it has in the paper.

He tells that Lovett needs to work harder, so gifted but cruises.

McPhee will be playing wing/forward (thank god)
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Rossoneri wrote:Unfortunately it doesn't show the "player profiles" that it has in the paper.

He tells that Lovett needs to work harder, so gifted but cruises.

McPhee will be playing wing/forward (thank god)
I must have missed it but where does it say McPhee will play wing/forwardd?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Do you actually have the Herald Sun newspaper? It doesnt say it on the website, just in the actual paper itself.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It looks like next year is going to be exciting even if we don't play finals.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lovett having bursts in the middle and McPhee on a wing.
dheal
Top Up Player

Essendawn

Post by dheal »

Apart from the Lovett & Mcphee comments the newspaper article also mentions that:
That Hille & Laycock have to become threats up forward which means after Rucking they will spend some time up forward as another option.
That McVeigh will spend time in the midfield & have a leadership role (more responsibility).
Courtney Johns is more football savvy than what most people think, is young, has size & worth perserving with.
Jobe Watson is courageous & has plans for him to have a leadership role.
Scott Lucas is too goal hungry & the priority is for Lucas & Lloyd to bring others into the game. While Lucas is fine shot for goal if others are in a better position he should give it off.
He also talks about the unheralded kids such as Hocking & Lonegran plus that Gumbleton & Ryder (the boom kids) are our spine & under no circumstances were they to be traded for Judd.
Finally to focus on a simple & effective game plan, increased communication accross the club and committed attack on the ball.To have fast exciting football combining increased dash from defence, strength in numbers in the midfield, & forward line personnel working for each other.
Seems impressive to me, looking forward to next season.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

It all sounds wonderful. Can't wait.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Things are (hopefully) looking up!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Filthy wrote: Compare the Bombers' onball brigade to the all-conquering Geelong's midfield squad, and perhaps only Brent Stanton would warrant selection.
I would love to see the look on gringo's face when he reads this line!!!

Actually no I wouldnt :lol:
Yes – it ruined my day. After concluding a lovely round of golf on Sunday afternoon and settling into my favourite café for a quick beer with my fellow golfers, I, unfortunately, stumbled upon this little ripper from Ralphy. Clearly, the bloke has lost his junk. Was he coming down from a Cousins-style five-day cocaine bender? Was he simply taking the piss? Is he trying to create headlines following the departure of the very popular Twits? I mean seriously, whose spot in the Geelong team would Stanton take?

And Keri, can you please explain to me why things are looking up? That article tells us nothing, other than that the unaccountable style of football played under Sheedy will continue, and that Knights overrates a lot of our players.

Knights is setting himself and the EFC for a major fall here. You NEVER go into a new job over promising. The rule is you under promise and over deliver.

Fair dinkum – we are becoming the modern day Richmond here. If we win first up and Knights runs onto the ground like some school girl on heat, I'll vomit.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Gringo, gringo, gringo.

How is telling players they must be suitably fit to get a spot unaccountable? How is telling Lovett he has to WORK for his spot unaccountable? How is flopping it out and saying he's going to get us to finals in three years unaccountable? It doesn't get any more accountable than that. He got the job promising success. If he doesn't deliver, do you think he's still going to be around?

He's either over-promising or we're continuing an "unaccountable style of football"

Not sure how we can logically do both.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

"Knights is setting himself and the EFC for a major fall here. You NEVER go into a new job over promising. The rule is you under promise and over deliver."

Could not see where Knighta is over promising. Have not seen any wild statements a la "We will make the finals. We will be top 4 etc etc. I find the guy fairly measured in his approach but no harm in a coach talking up our prospects.

Would you prefer "We really have a shit list and I cannot see any scope for improvement for at least 5 years"

That's going to sell a lot of memberships!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He has three years. Let's look back after then and see if he has improved our team from the previous three years we have just witnessed - 13th, 15th & 12th. And he'd be doing it without Hird and with aging stars in Fletcher, Lucas & Lloyd.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

keri wrote:flopping it out and saying he's going to get us to finals in three years
Beautifully put, keri. I like your work. 8)
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Product of a mis-spent youth, BD. Half the time I sound like a Jane Austen clone, the other half like a wharfy.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

gringo wrote: If we win first up and Knights runs onto the ground like some school girl on heat, I'll vomit.
I think you have seriously mis-read his character if you believe this comment to be remotley possible.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

keri wrote:Product of a mis-spent youth, BD. Half the time I sound like a Jane Austen clone, the other half like a wharfy.
Hmm...Jane Austen on the wharves. I'm trying hard to picture that..union rep..female..maybe Julia Gillard? :shock:
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

billyduckworth wrote:
keri wrote:Product of a mis-spent youth, BD. Half the time I sound like a Jane Austen clone, the other half like a wharfy.
Hmm...Jane Austen on the wharves. I'm trying hard to picture that..union rep..female..maybe Julia Gillard? :shock:
With better clothes, a better rack and a better hairdresser.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Wouldn't be hard to have a better hairdresser.
The woman always looks as if she just got out of bed.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

She looks likes she's just gotten out of bed in the 1980's. She really needs a makeover.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

keri wrote:She looks likes she's just gotten out of bed in the 1980's. She really needs a makeover.
...Or a personality by-pass. She really needs to consult her local doctor. It's amazing what they can do these days...