SAVE ESSENDON DOT COM!!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

SAVE ESSENDON DOT COM!!!!

Post by BenDoolan »

Perhaps those who wanted to oust Peter Jackson shouldn't read this....

Essendon reports record profit
Friday, 23 November 2007
The Essendon Football Club has reported a Club record net profit of $2.014 million for the financial year, ending October 31st, 2007.

The final profit figure was reached on total revenue of $36.24 million and has also been achieved without the $500,000 dividend paid to every other AFL Club for participating in the AFL Telstra website network.

The Club’s financial stability is further underlined with net assets in excess of $17.4 million. The Club has cash reserves of just under $5.5 million having spent $3.7m on capital works in the past 12 months.

The final figure also allows for a $316,111 payment made by Essendon Football Club to its 10 affiliated sporting clubs as part of the Club’s commitment to the local community. The Club has now provided just under $1 million in distributions to these clubs over the past three years.

In the past year Essendon has also employed additional recruiting staff, sports science and player development resources as part of its Football 2010 strategy.

The Club also approved the implementation of an IT strategy that will cost over $1.1 million for new software systems, hardware upgrades and people, upgraded its marketing resources and completed the construction of a new gymnasium at the Windy Hill Fitness Centre.

Managing Director, Peter Jackson, said it is a very significant result considering the Bombers have finished at the bottom end of the ladder for the past three seasons.

"This year’s profit indicates we have achieved our business plan objective to insulate the club’s financial stability from prolonged downturns in on-field performance which is a fact of life in the modern game," he said.

"Importantly, we have achieved this result yet still been able to make significant investments for the future across the Club and we will continue to take that approach.

"We are not about maximising profit. Obviously the Club needs to remain financially strong but more importantly we want to be competitive on the field and a relevant and important part of the wider community.

"To record such a strong profit in a year where we didn’t play finals - and following a very poor 2006 season - is a testament to the commitment of our members, sponsors and fans and we thank them for their invaluable support of this proud club.

"We also have great business partners in Hutchison, who has been our major partner since 2001, Puma, Samsung, Abey, NAB, Channel 7, Coca-Cola, Foster’s Australia, Musashi, Yakult, Toyota, JAL, Don Smallgoods and Tyrrell’s Wines.

"Off- field we are in a very healthy position but we are very focussed on improving on-field in 2008 and beyond. That is our primary reason for being and on-field success is what our supporters want and expect."

Mr Jackson said the most pleasing part of the 2007 profit is that every part of the club’s business contributed with membership and merchandise results particularly encouraging. Merchandise was the stand-out with a year-on-year net contribution increase of 63%.

Essendon continues to maintain its independent website. In 2006/07 the 21.6 million page impressions represented a year-on-year increase of 17.2%. The website averaged 94,538 unique browsers per month which represented an enormous 28% increase year-on-year.

"It was a strategic business decision but also a decision we took because we wanted to ensure we could engage on-line with our supporters as efficiently and effectively as possible," Jackson said.

"The website generated significant revenue but that is only part of the story."

Essendon chairman, Ray Horsburgh, said the excellent result is a tribute to the hard work done by Managing Director Peter Jackson and his team.

"This result vindicates the carefully planned strategic direction set by the board and implemented by Peter Jackson and his management team," Mr Horsburgh said.

"When it comes to considering financial strategy, we have some very capable people on the board including Finance Director, Tim Jonas, and our recent casual board appointment, Ray Gunston, who has an outstanding background in financial management and will be a valuable addition should members appoint him at the upcoming election."
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=5478
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Imagine how busy their web site would be if they still had bombertalk attached :wink:

But seriously, this is a very impressive result and highlights what a good job Peter Jackson has done.

Now, about that onfield success..........
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

best thing on the website now is bomber tv. highlights of 2007 + preseason training.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Hardly ever go there now... Well done PJ though.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:Looking for some positive comments from Jeremiah Gringo :roll:
Funniest thing I've seen today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

That's a f****** great effort. Makes me love my mum even more for brainwashing me in the right direction. :D
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

AnarchicBomber wrote:That's a f****** great effort. Makes me love my mum even more for brainwashing me in the right direction. :D
Ditto
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

it does sound good on the surface.

roughly the same as collingwoods, however the pies seem to be spending a lot more, both on cash cows(very visible investments like pubs), and investing in future of the footy club. the talk is there, and our financial results might sound better, because we haven't been spending it where we should be.

the EFC is just as big as the pies, could be bigger with work, and our club with better facilities/support staff could really fly.

its easy to take collingwood as a benchmark as thru eddie mc millions, plus because its collingwood do they make so much news.

i like how EFC is low key. except for good news stories. i hope the club stays that way.(and we really are more professional at the clubs core business (footy) than we have appeared to be at times in 2007).
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Means f****** nothing. Where did we finish this year? How bout last year? year before?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Good on'em.That wasn't the issue when the election came up.It was about the Club's Handling of SHEEDY'S Departure.

Can't work out the complacency in making INCUMBENTS Accountable,but now it's decided,we move on.I won't forget it though.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

dingus wrote:Means f****** nothing. Where did we finish this year? How bout last year? year before?
Actually, means plenty.

The team was destined to fail for a few years after the decisions of a certain individual from about 2002-2006, so to keep making plenty of money during that time is great.

Look at the Kangaroos. Barely any money made even in their good years and they could be leaving Melbourne.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.