Unpopular Yet Correct Draft Selections

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Unpopular Yet Correct Draft Selections

Post by Windy_Hill »

I have already heard a few grizzles about our Draft selections which I must admit is surprising.

Its plain to see that our most critical deficiency (at least as far as player stocks go) is in our defensive half. We are carrying the side with two veteran defenders with limited games left in the tank - Fletcher and Michael.

It is quite critical that we put in place a sucession plan and this is exactly what Knights has done with todays selections.

I for one dont like to think of Ryder as being a CHB as he is clearly too talented a player to be left playing in this largely negating role. I absolutely see him as an Adam Goodes type mobile Ruckman where he can impact on the game all over the ground.

We certainly dont need more mid-fielders as I think we now have a core group of about a DOZEN who can rotate throught the mid-field. The question is whether they are any good and I guess time will tell.

All in all, today's selections were appropriate given the squad's overall needs.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I'm dissapointed we didn't pick up Rhys Palmer. However, I'm not banging my head against the wall with the pick up of David Myers.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm dissapointed we didn't pick up Rhys Palmer. However, I'm not banging my head against the wall with the pick up of David Myers.
You just fancy his 4 sisters.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Nice one Robbie
Bleeding for the red and black
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Yeah, what a classic. I'd take one of his sisters, over robbie's wife, I tell you that much.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Yeah, what a classic. I'd take one of his sisters, over robbie's wife, I tell you that much.
geez what a witty repartee you have.....maybe you could get off the dole and become one of John Howard's eyebrows.

What's is really funny though, is that you dont even get the joke. That's how fking stupid you are.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

This thread is useless without pics :)
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »