This journo is an idiot...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

This journo is an idiot...

Post by doogle »

Mark Stevens from the HUN

"Elsewhere for Victoria, there is far more competition for spots.

There is no room for Matthew Lloyd and Barry Hall in the best possible line-up. Brendan Fevola found his way on to the bench as an insurance key forward, mainly because of his X-Factor potential.

Skipper Jonathan Brown is at full-forward. Travis Cloke, Collingwood best-and-fairest winner, deserves the centre half-forward spot on form."

I would say Lloyd ff and Brown chf WHERE THEY HAVE PLAYED ALL THEIR CAREERS. What a fool.

I'd like to put this article on Matthew's locker now for next season.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I thought that side from the HS was pretty good. I probably wouldn't have Lloyd in it at this stage.

By all means use it to pump him up, but on form, I think his omission is justified.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

They named a possible team in The West Australian this morning (after they finished bleating about the fact that WA is not having their own team).

Fevola was named at FF and Brown at CHF. The selection that made me laugh the most was Jeff Farmer in the Allies team in the FP.

He had a shithouse season last year so I'm damned if I know how they think he is one of the top 50 players in the league.

Fletch was named in a BP and Scotty was on the bench....only bomber boys named.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

Trying to put my bias aside as much as possible but how can they think Fevola should get the nod ahead of Lloyd?
This season they played the same amount of games yet Lloydy kicked more goals and had higher averages in every area (goals, marks, tackles, kicks, handballs etc)
Not to mention Fev is meant to be in the prime of his career yet Lloyd still beat him despite coming back from a very serious injury.
I "pfft" in the journos general direction.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Why not just let the supporters vote? Open it up on the website, where we can vote for a tall defender, small defender, tall forward, small forward two medfielders and a ruckman.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Why not just let the supporters vote? Open it up on the website, where we can vote for a tall defender, small defender, tall forward, small forward two medfielders and a ruckman.
Because you would get a vote. It's bad enough you get a say at State and Federal level, no one in their right mind would want you contributing to something as vitally important as this.

I mean who would want to see some two bit wrestler playing on a half back flank?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

..and DIDN'T they BLEAT,SWOOD.Including of course,GRAHAM MOSS.

That is West Coast's Role in the DEMISE of our STATE OF ORIGIN Side,their continued stance on STATE ORIGIN(A big FAT NO)and the MAJOR HIDE they had in wearing the BLACK and GOLD Guernsey.

My BLOOD BOILED in SHEER ANGER over that!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Why not just let the supporters vote? Open it up on the website, where we can vote for a tall defender, small defender, tall forward, small forward two medfielders and a ruckman.
Because you would get a vote. It's bad enough you get a say at State and Federal level, no one in their right mind would want you contributing to something as vitally important as this.

I mean who would want to see some two bit wrestler playing on a half back flank?
Notice how the inferior, so-called human being. deliberatly and immaturly attempts to distrube the peace. Instead of being civil, Rob deliberatly attempts to distrub the peace for his own amusement.
Robbie a man who threaten me, has my home address. DO NOT act badass untill you utilise that information and ring my door bell.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Would you please, for the love of God and all his tiny angels, learn how to speak the English language? And then, when you've done that, take a typing course so we can read your posts without our eyes bleeding.

I'm not sure how you expect anyone to take you seriously when it practically takes an interpreter to understand what you're saying.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Notice how the inferior, so-called human being. deliberatly and immaturly attempts to distrube the peace. Instead of being civil, Rob deliberatly attempts to distrub the peace for his own amusement.
Robbie a man who threaten me, has my home address. DO NOT act badass untill you utilise that information and ring my door bell.
You didnt give me your address you fking coward. Just the suburb you live in....and what a surprise that it's Altona. Though I suppose if I had enough motivation, I could walk around the suburb for a couple of days asking people if they had seen a mong looking freak in a wrestling costume, then once they told me where your mother was, I might be able to find you.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Oh and on the serious side, how many players do you think the smaller clubs would get in, if all the fans got to vote on it? It would also be hijacked by those wanting to make a mockery of it, like they did with Mick Martyn getting in the sexiest footballers voting every year, like when Man City supporters got Danny Tiatto player of the year, or like your mong mate that almost won American Idol last year.

But you are just following the course you always do fuk knuckle....stupid idea, with no thought at all.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

robbie67 wrote:Oh and on the serious side, how many players do you think the smaller clubs would get in, if all the fans got to vote on it? It would also be hijacked by those wanting to make a mockery of it, like they did with Mick Martyn getting in the sexiest footballers voting every year, like when Man City supporters got Danny Tiatto player of the year, or like your mong mate that almost won American Idol last year.

But you are just following the course you always do fuk knuckle....stupid idea, with no thought at all.
Robbie, that's actually quite offensive. Not only is that word offensive in itself, but I had two relatives with Downs Syndrome, and they're worth a damn sight more than E4E.

But yeah, if we had a vote on the poster who made the most sense, ten bucks says someone would vote for E4E as a joke.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Well, my main aim in life IS to please you, Twits.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to break a rib.