Membership up!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:11 pm Post subject: 2007 Membership- Fightback '07 Reply with quote
Just saw on the official site that we are currently at 24,313 members.
2 weeks from the same time last year, and we're 23118, 1200 behind..
Last edited by F111 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

exciting times...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I must admit im shocked. I got back yesterday and I asked my mate about our off season so far. He mentioned that we have the highest membership tally at the moment, and I was stunned. I thought it would go down after losing Sheedy and Hird, so it is good to see that it is up.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Is anyone else surprised by the ammount of press we get? There would not be many who consider us a chance this year, yet we seem to be in the paper quite a lot.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Have the other membership packages changed at all? I know the beyond the boundary or whatever the hell they call it, for the interstate members now offers us a hell of a lot more than it used to for our money. Do we count towards the total?

I'm sure many will say it's gone up because Sheedy is gone and this is PROOF that we were all (Oh and I mean ALL) sick of him. :roll:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

The Sack Sheedy Faction have probably lashed out & got a few memberships...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Megan wrote:I'm sure many will say it's gone up because Sheedy is gone and this is PROOF that we were all (Oh and I mean ALL) sick of him. :roll:
Well, call me "many" :wink:.

I know this is the first season i've genuinely looked forward to in about 5 years.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Well Jimmy this is the first season that will freak me out something horrible.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Great news - hopefully a step towards becoming the league powerhouse again. My little bloke is one of the newbies - I'm teaching him to yell "ball". :)
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Megan wrote:Well Jimmy this is the first season that will freak me out something horrible.
Yeah, but admit it: you're freaked out mainly 'cause of Hirdy not being there rather than the absence of Sheeds, right :lol: :?:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Megan wrote:I'm sure many will say it's gone up because Sheedy is gone and this is PROOF that we were all (Oh and I mean ALL) sick of him. :roll:
Well, call me "many" :wink:.

I know this is the first season i've genuinely looked forward to in about 5 years.
Im the same. I think its because no matter what Sheedy said during the off-season, we knew what was coming. With Knights, we are unsure at this point. He is saying alot, whether he follows through with that and plays the way he says he wants them to play, time will tell.

So far, everything he has said regarding delistings and styles has been matched with his actions.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Megan wrote:Well Jimmy this is the first season that will freak me out something horrible.
Yeah, but admit it: you're freaked out mainly 'cause of Hirdy not being there rather than the absence of Sheeds, right :lol: :?:
Correct :D

Seriously, it's 60% Hirdy, 40% Sheeds. Just watching the footy on the TV, Hirdy is the one I'm going to notice most. I think you Vics will notice Sheeds more than us non Vics because he wasn't always all over the papers here like he was up there.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Is that up from this time last year F111?
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

andrewb wrote:Great news - hopefully a step towards becoming the league powerhouse again. My little bloke is one of the newbies - I'm teaching him to yell "ball". :)
Well I just hope he doesn't sit near me, because I have a habit of taking people on about yelling "ball" at the drop of a hat.

But then again, I don't usually take on the young un's, as it's about all they can yell at that stage.

But I firmly believe people should have to prove they can spell Prior Opportunity before they can yell out Ball. Which counts out three quarters of the Collingwood mob and half of Richmond. :D
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

keri wrote:
andrewb wrote:Great news - hopefully a step towards becoming the league powerhouse again. My little bloke is one of the newbies - I'm teaching him to yell "ball". :)
Well I just hope he doesn't sit near me, because I have a habit of taking people on about yelling "ball" at the drop of a hat.

C'mon Kerri, yelling "BALL!!"at the sniff of a tackle is all part of the fun. I definitely encourage anyone to try
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Ramanama wrote:Is that up from this time last year F111?
Jan 16, 2007 was 24,313 members

Feb 1, 2007 was 25938.

Jan 26, 2008 is 26,385.

Ahead by a nose.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Considering we have lost Hird and Sheedy, thats pretty amazing. Its good that you can put into your budget 28,000 members minimum.

Geelong at the moment have a waiting list, but after their slide in 2008, we'll see how long that waiting list is next year.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
keri wrote:

C'mon Kerri, yelling "BALL!!"at the sniff of a tackle is all part of the fun. I definitely encourage anyone to try

Windy, I hate Nurofen ads because they're missing a hyphen. I'm waaaay too pedantic to let it go.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Not bad so far, need to win games early on in the year to really boost it.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!