MJ Back in the Red and Black

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

MJ Back in the Red and Black

Post by Western Red »

Johnson back in red and black after WAFL draft
Posted Jan 24, 2008 - 7:15 AM

Fremantle recruit Mark Johnson has been snared by WAFL club Perth in Wednesday’s allocation draft, enabling the rugged utility to don the red and black colours once again if he is not selected to play for the Dockers at stages during the 2008 season.

The former Essendon hard man was one of seven interstate AFL recruits to be involved in the draft, which was brought in to provide some balance to the local league.

Johnson joins fellow Docker and ex-Bomber Dean Solomon as a Perth-listed player.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Will end up playing a fair bit there. Solomon started well, then faded. I expect MJ to do the same.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:Will end up playing a fair bit there. Solomon started well, then faded. I expect MJ to do the same.
Solly had a pretty good year actually Ross...he finished equal 5th in the dockers B & F
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Will end up playing a fair bit there. Solomon started well, then faded. I expect MJ to do the same.
Solly had a pretty good year actually Ross...he finished equal 5th in the dockers B & F
Still faded in the second half of the year.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Still faded in the second half of the year.
Finished equal with Hayden, Carr and Bell in a year when Freo finished 11th.

Glad he's not at Essendon. Good player of 3+ years ago.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

So I ask again,where do you think SOLLY and MJ stand in the scheme of AFL Football?
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

where did old mate kepler bradley end up?
not at perth i guess.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

grassy1 wrote:So I ask again,where do you think SOLLY and MJ stand in the scheme of AFL Football?
They're on the fringe, almost ready to take the step to a life other than footy.

MJ will be lucky to play 10 games I expect, and Soly can't be too far in fromt of him either.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That's bad luck for their AFL Careers F111,but Oh good,for PERTH.

Probably end up SAVING SIMON EASTAUGH'S Career.