Who will be top 4 in 2008

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Who will be top 4 in 2008

Post by Rossoneri »

Following on from Windy's thread:

Hawthorn
West Coast
Brisbane (if Brown plays 20+)
St. Kilda
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Geelong
Adelaide
West Coast
Port Adelaide
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Cats

Any one of about 12 teams for the other three, but I am thinking
Wet Toast
Port
Hawks
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hawks, Cats seem the two most likely. My other two would be Brisbane and Freo (got a funny feeling Freo might get going this year).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote: (got a funny feeling Freo might get going this year).
Which would be hilarious considering their recent acquisition of Tarrant, Solomon, Bradley & Co (although I still like MJ). They seem to lack something over there in Freo.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Cats

Daylight

Eagles
St Kilda (if they stay fit)
Fremantle

Ben, I'm surprised at your inclusion of Adelaide given that a number of "experts" are suggesting they will drop right down the ladder this year. What makes you think they will be up there this year?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:Cats

Daylight

Eagles
Fremantle

Ben, I'm surprised at your inclusion of Adelaide given that a number of "experts" are suggesting they will drop right down the ladder this year. What makes you think they will be up there this year?
I have absolutely no logic to my selection of Adelaide whatsoever. But then again, no-one ever thinks the Kangas are going to be anything, and they keep surprising everyone. That's the best I can do to explain it :lol:
Essendunny
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

I have to say that I am surprised that people think the Eagles are top 4 material after losing Judd and Cousins. I think they'll make the 8, but top 4 - i am not convinced.

My top 4:

Cats
Pies (it pains my to even type this)
Power
Hawks
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:

Daylight

Eagles
Fremantle

I have absolutely no logic to my selection of Adelaide whatsoever. But then again, no-one ever thinks the Kangas are going to be anything, and they keep surprising everyone. That's the best I can do to explain it :lol:
Keep going with that sort of logic and you will end up as one of those "experts" I was talking about :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:

Daylight

Eagles
Fremantle

Watched Adelaide totally pants Collingwood today in Dubai and they looked very sharp indeed. Eaely doors yet but gee, you can only beat the opposition you are given and they did that with class.

I dont think Geelong is as good as last years results may suggest. A bit like us in 2000, they timed a great run with injuries during a period when a lot of teams are going through transitions. Other than maybe West Coast, the rest of the opposition was pretty average last year.

Despite this, I think they will have a strong year in 2008 but with substantially stronger threats from clubs like Hawthorn, Port, Brisbane, St Kilda and Adelaide

Freo could surprise under Harvey and I do expect Collingwood to be there or abouts.

However, West Coast, even with the loss of Judd and Cousins are still the one in my opinion.

West Coast
Hawthorn
Geelong
Adelaide
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Geelong
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn (Sadly)
St Kilda (Even more sadly)

After watching a bit of the Pies v Crows game the other night. The Pies were woeful!!! With Clement and Figjam gone, they seemed to totally lack any sort of leadership whatsoever. Fantastic stuff. I only hope we put on a better show against Bris Vegas next week...
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Clearly Essendon top.

other than that,
Cats
Saints
WC
Roos

I think port will come out very sluggish, and this will hurt their ladder position at the end of year.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Whats everyones obsession with the Hawks? They are ordinary with a side of shit. They will not make top 8. Lock it in.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

boncer34 wrote:Whats everyones obsession with the Hawks? They are ordinary with a side of shit. They will not make top 8. Lock it in.
They'll definately make the 8. Slab?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

And for what it's worth (and that's not much, given I have barely thought about it), in no particular order:

Collingwood
Geelong
St. Kilda (if they can keep more than half their best 22 fit, which is unlikely)
West Coast (just)

Freo should do alright. Brisbane I reckon will make the 8 but not top 4. Not entirely convinced on Port Adelaide. Hawkers will make it. Rest of the spots up for grabs.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Cats

Daylight

Brisbane
StKilda
Port Adelaid
Kangaroos
Collingwood
Fremantle
Essendon

Is my top 8, but barring injury I think the cats will make in 2 in a row with Stkilda and maybe a J Brown led Brisbane being there only viable threat.

Also think we can make the 8. Or at least maybe I just hope so.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Soon Essendon will be a top four side ... but maybe not this year yet, so

Cats
Hawks (sadly)
Power
Pies (even more sadly)
Red and Black Forever
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Geelong
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
West Coast
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Geelong
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Staggy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Whats everyones obsession with the Hawks? They are ordinary with a side of shit. They will not make top 8. Lock it in.
They'll definately make the 8. Slab?
I'm with you Staggy. Slab of Crownies as well Bonce? Hawks to make the eight.

[-o<