Nomolos's Review of the Intraclub

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Nomolos's Review of the Intraclub

Post by nomolos »

Black team - SENIOR PLAYERS vs Red team - BENDIGO Players/Young Kids etc.

BLACK won by 18 goals.

Red team were grossly out matched, if they had of not had Bachar Houli they would have been stuffed his poise and skill is exceptional, Peverill also played for them.

I didnt know any others from red so ill just review the Black team and
Ill just give run downs on how I thought players went.

Lucas dropped 4 sitters in the 1st right in front of goal kicked a few and didnt look like he really wanted to play.

Johns played forward kicked 3 in the 1st, and was unsighted after halftime(maybe injured)

Davey/Jetta fantastic dash, and moved really well.

Mcveigh ruined the game, seriously the guy dominated, reds couldn't get near it when he was in the area.

Micheal was solid, didn't really have to exert himself.

Fletcher played forward for 50% of the game, same as Micheal(not up fwd but in energy exertion)

Welsh was quiet.

Dempsey of the HBF, good dash, skills not sure.

Stanton created so many opportunities, but decision making was not good.

J.Johnson did not do all that much.

Mcphee was disappointing,played well but was always trying to do too much but at times skill let him down.

Monfries, Slattery were OK

Hocking was excellent

Nash's disposal is gold, he played REAL well.

Lonergan would have been 2nd best on, was very hard at it.

Laycock i was happy with, entered himself in many contests, and really tried to make an impact.

Ramanauskas was excellent.

Hille was pretty much the standard.

NLM was... meh

Watching in the stands were...

Lloyd, Watson, Gumby, Winderlich, Lovett
Last edited by nomolos on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Thanks nomolos
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Thanks Nom

Why would you have hardened men against kids? Mix it up a bit!

That review doesnt really fill me with great excitement, especially about Mcphee, JJ, NLM, Hille, Stanton and Welsh.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Thank nomolos.

Can't read too much into the team performance obviously, but the reports about Mcveigh, Jetta, Dempsey, Stanton and Houli and Mcphee (in some other reports, some say great,others say average) sounds good.

Wish I could have gone and watched!

Nomolos, quick question. Which borderline players were in the black team? Just might give us an idea regarding which fringe players are looking at being in the team come round 1. Who did Dyson etc play for?
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Rossoneri wrote:Thanks Nom

Why would you have hardened men against kids? Mix it up a bit!

That review doesnt really fill me with great excitement, especially about Mcphee, JJ, NLM, Hille, Stanton and Welsh.

In the cases of Mcphee and Stanton, they got a fair amount of ball, they'd have been in the high teens/mid 20's with disposals, but alot of the time i was disappointed by what they did with it.

To me that is quite an important aspect...you'd agree.

Mcphee had one of those games where he'd try to take everyone on, and get pressured, and as I said with Stanton it was merely his target selection, and if it was a more quality opposition team the turnovers would have been costly.

For the record the Red team only kicked 4 goals for the match.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Gossy wrote:Thank nomolos.

Can't read too much into the team performance obviously, but the reports about Mcveigh, Jetta, Dempsey, Stanton and Houli and Mcphee (in some other reports, some say great,others say average) sounds good.

Wish I could have gone and watched!

Nomolos, quick question. Which borderline players were in the black team? Just might give us an idea regarding which fringe players are looking at being in the team come round 1. Who did Dyson etc play for?

I forgot about Dyson but he had a really good game, used his pace well and his disposal was good enough, got a fair amount of it playing off the wing.

Depends on what you'd call Borderline.

My review was entirely on the Black team, one of the most interesting things to me was Peverill in the Red team as with Houli...of course you cant have them all in the 1 team.

Reimers, Hislop were in the red team...I think it was them

Lonergan being in the Black team was interesting as well, but was one of the best players.

basically all the players i reviewed would be the 1st players selected for the weekend.

Ryder did not play either, and didn't seem to be in attendance.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Saw about 30 mins in total. There was a howling gale blowing down the middle of the ground which ruined the game. Skills were naturally affected, but observations were:

Davey!, Davey!, Davey!. Set for a great season. Pace plus smarts. made it all look easy.

Pace!, Pace!, Pace!, Dempsey, Jetta and Dyson to name a few.

Bascha looked good and was cool under fire.

The vets, Fletch, Lucas, Rama and Spike made it look like a walk in the park, which it was.

Stants had a 100 possessions.

On what I saw, Johns could produce the goods this year. He will have to.

Lot of new faces.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Reimers and Scotty's punch on was pretty serious, there were a couple of big punches thrown, but nothing connected. Kyle must have cheap shotted Scotty cause the big man got real angry real quick. Was great to see Spike come to the defense of his teammate and rough Reimers up.

Good to hear, a bit of agro about the club! Lets hope we get some respect back this year. I miss the days when Hardwick, Wallis, Solomon, MJ, JJ, etc...were making blokes shit their pants. Lets hope Hislop, CJ, Spike and co can do it this year.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I was glad to see Mchpee at least getting in there and having a crack. If the skills come up to scratch he's going to come in very handy.

Spike was brilliant as always, and I thought he and Woosha seem to be working very well together.

Dempsey was impressive, Dyson made me think twice about my stance on him and Jetta just looked like a more mature, polished version of his former self.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Well thats exactly what I said(referring to Bargeys post)

I made no comment about team plan/play because who gives a shit about team performances in an intra club, its all about how the players are performing.

One thing to perform a set play against VFL players, lets see it work against Geelong, West Coast etc.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Cheers for the report nomolos :)
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

One more question for those that went.
A lot has been said about how well Jetta played, which is fantastic considering how much effort he seems to have put in over the off season. What position did he play? Did he play as a forward pocket rotating into the midfield, or did he play on a flank or a wing?
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

One thing I'm surprised no-one has mentioned is the guys who nicked the footy and jumped the fence. Play was stopped for about ten minutes while they tried to find a replacement ball, and people up on hill where I was sitting watched the sherrin-thieves bolt to their car and tear off.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Well, it is Cranbourne.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Exactly, Dom. It wasn't nailed down so it was fair game!
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Went to the game as well.

Thought Pev was very good on a team that was badly loosing.

McVeigh, Fletcher, stanton adn Davey were a class above everyone else.

Dyson and Jetta looked in great shape and had a few nice touches but certainly didn't dominate.

Didn't notice Bacha get a lot of the ball but when he does he is very composed.

CJ.. took some nice marks kicked 3 then dissapeared

Lucas was beaten by whoever the defender was ??

McFee worked very hard .. but some of his decision were average.

Laycock has some nice taps but both he and hille were very quiet.

Was very very impresed with hocking .. among the people I was standing with .. we were all very impressed .. expect an early round debut.
Leigh
Top Up Player

Post by Leigh »

Pears played on Lucas
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Leigh wrote:Pears played on Lucas
A dude with number 16 for the red team started on Lucas had dark hair, did a good job.

Then in the second half a tall blonde headed(white hair) guy played on him.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

The tall blonde bloke in the second half would have been Bristow. 19 year old who is playing for Bendigo this year, after playing with Gippsland in the TAC last year. Trained with us before the pre season draft.

Was looking very likely to get drafted when bottom age in TAC until he did his knee after dominating in his debut for Sale seniors, requiring a knee reco. Hopefully he can do a bit for Bendigo this year.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Hey Nomolos were you standing on the far boundary on the wing taking notes with a note book ?