Another one Bennie

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Looking forward to his razzle and dazzle. His forward pressure was fantastic last year. How many times did he in a free kick by running down defenders or creating a spillage for our forwards to capatilize?

Hope to see more of the same this year!
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I love this bloke. An excitement machine. The roar of the Bomber crowd when he gets the ball in space is awesome.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

It's blokes like Alwyn Davey that keep my levels of disgust regarding Essendon at a manageable level. He inspires, is courageous, does the one percenters as good as anyone in the league, and has a desire to win. I'd make Stanton watch highlights of Davey's play every night after training.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

gringo wrote:It's blokes like Alwyn Davey that keep my levels of disgust regarding Essendon at a manageable level. He inspires, is courageous, does the one percenters as good as anyone in the league, and has a desire to win. I'd make Stanton watch highlights of Davey's play every night after training.
I think Davey is in a league of his own when it comes to pressure and one percenters. The whole club could learn from him. I lost count at the amount of times I wanted to jump the fence and pat him on the back myself.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

If anyone here has been to the odd Bendigo game they would have seen Froggy kicking the pill with his two little blokes at half time. They look like two exact clones of their dad. Love running and tackling like him too. Funny to watch... Lets hope he gets the hundred games up eh...

Gringo if Essendon "disgusts" you, maybe you should follow another club eh..

:wink:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

gringo wrote:It's blokes like Alwyn Davey that keep my levels of disgust regarding Essendon at a manageable level. He inspires, is courageous, does the one percenters as good as anyone in the league, and has a desire to win. I'd make Stanton watch highlights of Davey's play every night after training.
Go follow the shit fish or some other less disgusting team maybe?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I want to see at least 2-3 midfielder types use his style of defensive pressure on a regular basis.
I'd like him in the middle occasionally to show 'em how it's done.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

BenDoolan wrote:Looking forward to his razzle and dazzle. His forward pressure was fantastic last year. How many times did he in a free kick by running down defenders or creating a spillage for our forwards to capatilize?

Hope to see more of the same this year!
As I've mentioned previously.......Froggy was the reason last year that Andy Lovett pulled his finger out of his own arse and started using his pace as a weapon rather than getting lazy in the F50.

Before Froggy and after his injury Lovett crtainly was lazy. I hope he can catch the vibe again.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Wasn't that bloke who referred to SHITFISH one of the 1st EVER of SAM'S STRET TALKERS?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

When was Lovett lazy? Check out his tackles over the last couple of years compared to the rest of the team.

Froggy has the biggest heart in the team. Don't know what his public speaking is like, but based on what i've seen so far, I'd love to see him captain this club.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I agree - that Geelong game and Davey's injuries was a key tipping point for us last year. the game as very tight at that stage and had we won we might have had a different season. Instead we took away about 5 injuries and suspensions.

I think Lovett has made some nice tackles .. but certainly wouldn't characterise him as a hard working in attach or defence.