Matty Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Matty Knights

Post by BenDoolan »

That was absolutely bullish! :lol:
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

He is probably a rather happy chappy tonight (whilst realising there is still a heap of work to be done before we can challenge the top teams)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Fantastic effort, he has put a lot of work into our game, e.g. our run and our skills and they shone tonight, neither though the skills were a little rusty it lays the foundation for improvement and I am liking what I am seeing, Knights keeping to his word. Bring on 08!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:He is probably a rather happy chappy tonight (whilst realising there is still a heap of work to be done before we can challenge the top teams)
Importantly though, he would have been thrilled at watching all the hard work being put into tackling and other one percenters ALL night. The amount of hard yakka they've been doing on the training track needs to be displayed on the playing field.....and I think we saw that tonight. But yeah, we all should realise that the real slog and the real grind is ahead of us.....
Essendunny
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

And give GOD his dues too; his main target was to improve defensive pressure & from what I saw tonight, it's better than I've seen in years.

No more easy kicks for the opposition.

Halle-F******-juijh (or how ever you spell it)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I noticed "Bomber Knighta" was walking with a painfull looking limp? Has he had some post career stuff done in the off season or did Calthorpe eat one of his kidneys?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:I noticed "Bomber Knighta" was walking with a painfull looking limp? Has he had some post career stuff done in the off season or did Calthorpe eat one of his kidneys?
Was a horrible limp alright......it looked as though one leg was 6 inches shorter than the other. Have no idea what the problem was, but the Calthorpe theory sounds about right. I was taking my daughter swimming lessons just the other Saturday at Windy Hill and we saw this "barrel" coming towards us along the footpath and mumbling to himself. We had to step out of his way! He and Kickett must be in competition with each other....
Essendunny
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:I noticed "Bomber Knighta" was walking with a painfull looking limp? Has he had some post career stuff done in the off season or did Calthorpe eat one of his kidneys?
Was a horrible limp alright......it looked as though one leg was 6 inches shorter than the other. Have no idea what the problem was, but the Calthorpe theory sounds about right. I was taking my daughter swimming lessons just the other Saturday at Windy Hill and we saw this "barrel" coming towards us along the footpath and mumbling to himself. We had to step out of his way! He and Kickett must be in competition with each other....
Was a laugh when the commentators mentioned that Scherman seemed to be a shadow of his former self, then the camera zoomed onto Calthorpe, and they're like. Well he definetly aint a shadow of his former self! Man he has got massive since his playing days. Those lil stumpy legs obviously couldn't take him any further...Apart from to McDonald's and back!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ae were running in packs last night, which is a sign of a confident team. Still very very early days, anbd I still stand by my prediction of us, but at least there were some good signs and notable changes from last year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It certainly looks like this year will be more exciting than last year with the new game plan even if we don't make the finals.