Pathetic crowd at Footy Park

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Pathetic crowd at Footy Park

Post by rockhole »

With all the bleating that the Crow Eaters go on about how passionate they are and how they always get dudded re finals, take a look at the piss poor cowd that turned up for the NAB Cup GF. If the ground holds 50,000, they would have been lucky to fill half of it. Reminds me when we had to play PA at "Mongrel Park" in a final and I think 18,000 bothered to turn up. For that game they whinged about ticket prices.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: Pathetic crowd at Footy Park

Post by dom_105 »

Very average.

Confirms the merits of the AFL's push to move the game to Melbourne.

BTW, f****** stupid move for the AFL to stick to their guns re. 16 interchanges, when the match was played in mid-30's heat.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And can I just say that the super goal and 3 point rushed behind is becoming a F****** joke. Commentators and even one who is part of the rules committee couldn't work out why a down field free kick wasn't worth 9 points. Even the goal umpire signalled a 9 pointer. FFS, get rid of this shit! We have also seen inconsistencies when rushed behinds have been scored and when they haven't, and now I learn that a 50 metre penalty paid outside the F50 will be a 9 pointer but not a down field free kick. Why not?????
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

dom_105 wrote:Very average.

Confirms the merits of the AFL's push to move the game to Melbourne.

BTW, f****** stupid move for the AFL to stick to their guns re. 16 interchanges, when the match was played in mid-30's heat.
The AFL were right not to bend on that rule in extreme heat. Its like not having the 9-point rule for games at the SCG.

They were wrong however for implementing it in the first place.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Adelaide draw very good crowds during the season, just goes to show that many dont take the NAB Cup seriously. It is really 'glorified practices matches'.
On the other hand, Port draw very poor crowds.
Last nights match should have been played in Melbourne, they would have got at least 40000.