Gumbleton Reinjures Hamstring

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dheal
Top Up Player

Gumbleton Reinjures Hamstring

Post by dheal »

Noticed on the new Bombers web site that Gumbleton has reinjured his hamstring & will miss a further 3 weeks of football. Hope we hav'nt landed a high draft pick & father/son recruits (Daniher & Neagle) who are injury prone.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Gumbleton Reinjures Hamstring

Post by Rossoneri »

dheal wrote:Noticed on the new Bombers web site that Gumbleton has reinjured his hamstring & will miss a further 3 weeks of football. Hope we hav'nt landed a high draft pick & father/son recruits (Daniher & Neagle) who are injury prone.
That was put up there after the Brisbane game, he hasnt done it again since that game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
dheal
Top Up Player

Post by dheal »

According to web site the injury report was updated today (17/3/08), & specifically said he re injured his hamstring & will miss a further 3 weeks. I was hoping the report was relating to the initial injury but appears to be a new one. This is a pisser because i was hoping that Gumby will establish himself this year but he appears to have chronic hammys. Hope he dos'nt take years to overcome his problems like Johns.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

He hasn't 're-done' it since the Brisbane game. They are just placing him in cotton wool for another 3 weeks to ensure he doesn't do it again.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

I think it says "re-injured" because he tweaked it during pre-season - he'd only been back in full training for a week prior to the Brisbane game - then he did it good and proper during that game.

At the time they said around six to eight weeks out, and that was not quite five weeks ago