Get A Seat / Ticket Folks!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Get A Seat / Ticket Folks!

Post by Doctor Fish »

It's probably going to be a regular thing this season due to our new membership numbers. Members take note...

Important ticketing information for Round 2

Wednesday, 26 March 2008
for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Essendon’s clash with Geelong at the Dome this Sunday 30 March at 2.10pm has been classified as a designated seat match.
A designated seat match or fully ticketed game is any match where every patron must have a dedicated seat.

According to Telstra Dome Chief Executive, Ian Collins AM, this meant if members did not have a reserved seat as part of their membership, they would need to seek a designated seat ticket from Ticketmaster or Telstra Dome.

“Our advice is that all members whether they be club or AFL members do this prior to match day to ensure easy access to the match.

“Geelong and Essendon are obviously both big drawing clubs and following their wins at the weekend, it stands to reason there will be a big crowd at Telstra Dome on Sunday,” Mr Collins said.

Non-members are still able to purchase reserved seats and standing tickets although again they are advised to buy their tickets as early as possible to avoid missing out on match day.

For further information contact Ticketmaster by clicking here or phone 136 100.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Get A Seat / Ticket Folks!

Post by BenDoolan »

I've got an 18 game membership, but not with a reserved seat for away games (which is good for me because I can take my daughter to these games and sit together). I purchased seats for the Roos game on Level 2 (premium) and it cost $33 for myself and $15 for my 6 yo. $48 in total.

I purchased reserved seats for the Geelong game for myself and my daughter again, but this time on Level 3. It cost me $6.80 for the both of us. HTF does that work?
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:I've got an 18 game membership, but not with a reserved seat for away games (which is good for me because I can take my daughter to these games and sit together). I purchased seats for the Roos game on Level 2 (premium) and it cost $33 for myself and $15 for my 6 yo. $48 in total.

I purchased reserved seats for the Geelong game for myself and my daughter again, but this time on Level 3. It cost me $6.80 for the both of us. HTF does that work?
It's the difference between Level 2 and 3 as far as I can tell BD. Although other parts on Level 3 are $15. It just depends if you're prepared to sit up with the pigeons in the pockets or not...

Might be a good earning year for Collo and his merry band of overcharging cohorts this year me thinks...

:evil:
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I approached one of the droids standing at the gates on Monday to inquire if the game was an all-seat affair. A good question I thought given that it was the first game of the season for two Melbourne clubs - one with a shit-load of members, the other trying to resurrect itself from potential oblivion and with more members than ever before.

Well - guess what the response was.

I also have an 18 game membership with seats booked for the 11 home games.

Throughout the game they were telling patrons to fill in the empty seats on level 3 as - guess what - there were more people turning up than expected. Gee who would have thought???? FFS!!! As a result - standing room was 5 deep, people were gave up and went home and 48,000 saw the game.

The moral is - don't expect Collo's clowns to ever get it right, and expect every EFC game at The Dome to be a full house - so get yourselves an allocated seat. Like me you don't have to pay if you already have paid for entrance as part of your membership. However you have to line up at the windows on game day to get a seat ticketed.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote:I approached one of the droids standing at the gates on Monday to inquire if the game was an all-seat affair. A good question I thought given that it was the first game of the season for two Melbourne clubs - one with a shit-load of members, the other trying to resurrect itself from potential oblivion and with more members than ever before.

Throughout the game they were telling patrons to fill in the empty seats on level 3 as - guess what - there were more people turning up than expected. Gee who would have thought???? FFS!!! As a result - standing room was 5 deep, people were gave up and went home and 48,000 saw the game.

The moral is - don't expect Collo's clowns to ever get it right, and expect every EFC game at The Dome to be a full house - so get yourselves an allocated seat. Like me you don't have to pay if you already have paid for entrance as part of your membership. However you have to line up at the windows on game day to get a seat ticketed.
Or you just book with ticketmaster. It's easier and less frustrating than lining up on the day (if there's any available).
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

hop wrote:I approached one of the droids standing at the gates on Monday to inquire if the game was an all-seat affair. A good question I thought given that it was the first game of the season for two Melbourne clubs - one with a shit-load of members, the other trying to resurrect itself from potential oblivion and with more members than ever before.

The walk up is a better idea, just get there early and get a seat, rather than go to the ticket window and have them give you a seat which is usually row T or whatever.

As for the price discrepancies BD, it was because you are sitting on level 3. The $6.80 is the booking fee and seat. I got tickets on level 3 row G.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:

The walk up is a better idea, just get there early and get a seat, rather than go to the ticket window and have them give you a seat which is usually row T or whatever.

As for the price discrepancies BD, it was because you are sitting on level 3. The $6.80 is the booking fee and seat. I got tickets on level 3 row G.
Yeah, I'm in Aisle 37, Row S. Still, $6.80 for two seats and admission for a child is ridiculously cheap. The train tickets to get there cost more.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I thought all Essendon games at the Dome are all-ticketed?

By the way, love the avatar BD :)
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

dom_105 wrote:I thought all Essendon games at the Dome are all-ticketed?

By the way, love the avatar BD :)
Our home games are. Away games can be general admin.

I expected the game on Monday to be fully ticketed, so lined up to grab one with my membership. Then realised that it was GA, and could seipe to get in.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Was a tad slow this year. Anzac Day is sold out. Bummer.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Doctor Fish wrote:Was a tad slow this year. Anzac Day is sold out. Bummer.
No its not. Not even close to sold out.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Have had no luck with Ticketmaster all day. Online it says there's no more seats available. What have you heard Ross?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Are you a bronze member? Dont have a reserved seat? Wait til two weeks before the game when the rest of it goes on sale. Might even go on sale next week, keep an eye on it. But rest assured, it aint sold out at the moment.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Rossoneri wrote:Are you a bronze member? Dont have a reserved seat? Wait til two weeks before the game when the rest of it goes on sale. Might even go on sale next week, keep an eye on it. But rest assured, it aint sold out at the moment.
Will do. Cheers.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

Well this 'fully ticketed match' crap is just a joke IMO.

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches. I couldn't care less about a seat. i pay my $420 in AFL membership for Essendon. I'm entitled to entry to just turn up, stand behind the goals and have a good time.

It's all part of their grand scheme of finding ways to make even more money from us.
Lets try and get everyone to buy memberships and we'll promise them seats.
Lets build stadiums so that in 10 years time the home team may have more members than the entire stadium.
Now that everyone has a membership, lets make them pay to reserve a seat to guarantee a seat.
Now that everyone is reserving seats for matches, lets up the prices on how much it costs to book that seat.
Now that everyone has memberships and reserving seats, lets not allow any general admission at all.
Now the everyone has memberships and reserving seats, lets have a tiered system where GOLD members can go to 15 games, and Bronze can go to 5. Charge the bronze minimum $200 per year.

We should have just kept Waverley or stayed at the MCG and then we wouldn't have had to worry until we had 70,000 members.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Of course it's madness Filthy.
Geelong wanted it Essendon would be delighted yet Clown Hall says it's all too hard.
They're worse than Spring Street.
A sick joke depriving at least 30000 from attending AND depriving Geelong of a very profitable gate take.
Straight from the Graeme Samual school of mushroom feeding.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

bpdons wrote:Well this 'fully ticketed match' crap is just a joke IMO.

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches. I couldn't care less about a seat. i pay my $420 in AFL membership for Essendon. I'm entitled to entry to just turn up, stand behind the goals and have a good time.

It's all part of their grand scheme of finding ways to make even more money from us.
Lets build stadiums so that in 10 years time the home team may have more members than the entire stadium.
Now that everyone has a membership, lets make them pay to reserve a seat to guarantee a seat.
Now that everyone is reserving seats for matches, lets up the prices on how much it costs to book that seat.
Now that everyone has memberships and reserving seats, lets not allow any general admission at all.
Now the everyone has memberships and reserving seats, lets have a tiered system where GOLD members can go to 15 games, and Bronze can go to 5. Charge the bronze minimum $200 per year.

We should have just kept Waverley or stayed at the MCG and then we wouldn't have had to worry until we had 70,000 members.
Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

uptick wrote:

Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
On the contrary, a vast majority of Essendon members voted for the move to the Dome.

That said, the package put to the members is different to the one we find ourselves in now. I have all the information from a old copy of Bomber magazine from the late 90's, might be good to dig up for a laugh.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches.
Poor you. Last weeks game wasnt fully ticketed, it was a walk up start. Missed a great game :lol:
uptick wrote:Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
The deal we have at the Dome has set us up to ensure we dont become the Bulldogs, Roos, Tigers, Saints etc. The only beef I have is that our home games are fully ticketed. Level 3 should be walk up start, unless they are expecting massive numbers like this week. Games that are expect 40-45k should be walk ups on level 3.

In the next contract (due in about 3 years I think), I would like us to have some more games at the G, providing that at the 'G, we get a better deal than we did prior to moving to the Dome.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Rossoneri wrote:

I boycotted last weeks match, and will continue to do so for all Colonial Stadium matches.
Poor you. Last weeks game wasnt fully ticketed, it was a walk up start. Missed a great game :lol:
uptick wrote:Thats why I will never be an AFL member of Essendon. I'm an Essndon member of Essendon - f*** the AFL, knob-jockeys the lot of them. Mind you, Essendon didn't think of ist fans when it signed up for the phone dome either.
The deal we have at the Dome has set us up to ensure we dont become the Bulldogs, Roos, Tigers, Saints etc. The only beef I have is that our home games are fully ticketed. Level 3 should be walk up start, unless they are expecting massive numbers like this week. Games that are expect 40-45k should be walk ups on level 3.

In the next contract (due in about 3 years I think), I would like us to have some more games at the G, providing that at the 'G, we get a better deal than we did prior to moving to the Dome.
I hear you , the important aspect of the next deal is to mandate that if the club wishes a home game to be moved from the dome to the "G", it should happen - say 2 a year. Won't happen but,
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.