How does he get off?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: How does he get off?

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just sit back Filth and think about what would happen if he was in a black & red jumper instead of that faggy white and red one?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Filthy wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Just sit back Filth and think about what would happen if he was in a black & red jumper instead of that faggy white and red one?
Still can't stand him Donnie. :wink:
No nor can I filth my point is that he would have been given 3 weeks for daring to disagree with the tribunal...
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I'm not sure I agree it's the Jumper colours in this case. I think he just like Judd are one of the select few who are a protected species by the AFL. Judd gets off for obvious eye gouging, Goodes gets off last year and now this year.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

How does he get off?
That his business, and his business only! :shock:
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

The only important thing to take out of this is for Essendon to hire his defence council. Whoever represents him at the tribunal must be good and what they do. It was a blatant elbow to the head and I don't care how hard the SCG was......
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gatsid wrote:I'm not sure I agree it's the Jumper colours in this case. I think he just like Judd are one of the select few who are a protected species by the AFL. Judd gets off for obvious eye gouging, Goodes gets off last year and now this year.
So you seriously think that if he was playing for Essendon on Sunday and elbowed Bartel in the face like that then he still would have gotten off?

I doubt it!!
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Gatsid wrote:I'm not sure I agree it's the Jumper colours in this case. I think he just like Judd are one of the select few who are a protected species by the AFL. Judd gets off for obvious eye gouging, Goodes gets off last year and now this year.
So you seriously think that if he was playing for Essendon on Sunday and elbowed Bartel in the face like that then he still would have gotten off?

I doubt it!!
Don't get me wrong BD I know exactly where you are comming from, but the thing is he is a one a few who are definetely a protected species in the AFL. Maybe I didn't get across properly what I mean't, yes I agree with you that we have been harshly dealt with at the tribuneral and therefore colours may have come into it, but I personally think the protected species comes above the colours and he is one that the AFL just love to protect. It's like they look upon him as one of their great "sellers" of the game, so they can sit there and show him off like a prized horse, they can't do that if he is scrubbed out so he is easily excused.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gatsid wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

I doubt it!!
Don't get me wrong BD I know exactly where you are comming from, but the thing is he is a one a few who are definetely a protected species in the AFL. Maybe I didn't get across properly what I mean't, yes I agree with you that we have been harshly dealt with at the tribuneral and therefore colours may have come into it, but I personally think the protected species comes above the colours and he is one that the AFL just love to protect. It's like they look upon him as one of their great "sellers" of the game, so they can sit there and show him off like a prized horse, they can't do that if he is scrubbed out so he is easily excused.
Agreed
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

So great "sellers" of the game are protected?

I wonder why Lloydy wasn't protected during his prime when facing the tribunal, surely Matthew Lloyd is full flight would have brought people to the ground.
Last edited by robrulz5 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robrulz5 wrote:So gret "sellers" of the game are protected?

I wonder why Lloydy wasn't protected during his prime when facing the tribunal, surely Matthew Lloyd is full flight would have brought people to the ground.
I revert back to my point about the colours that he wears :lol:
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

robrulz5 wrote:So great "sellers" of the game are protected?

Even though he may be a great seller of the game Rob he isn't one of the AFL's favourite sons whom they look upon as the great sellers, this was the point I tried to put across however it's taken my three posts to do it effectively haha :lol:
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

There you go Filth, even Lethal agrees with you
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/b ... 31279.html
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Still amazes me that Goodes has won two Brownlow medals. He is not anywhere near being in the class of other who have won two and not even in the class of some who have won one.