Laycock and spectating

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Laycock and spectating

Post by Mick »

If Laycock wants to take the next step in his development he has to get rid of his habit of spectating at some contests. Fair enough he was beaten in the intial contest but don't just stand there and spectate the next passage of play.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Re: Laycock and spectating

Post by merc_2 »

He needs to start being more consistent and do more for us. He is very much a confidence player. There was a mark taken in the Doggies forward line last night...I think it was Lake, he should have punched that ball through for a point. Disappointing!!! I think he needs more support from the crumbers when he doesnt mark the ball. If he doesnt take the mark, the backline are always going to run it out easily if he is the only player in the forward line.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Sorry, but it's not going to happen. He consistently has a minimum of two complete brainfarts per game and it won't change. Unlike guys like Watson or McPhee, Laycock's brainfarts are almost always moments of inaction (i.e. not doing something he obviously should've done), rather than moments of action.

But yes, the spectating is so fuckn annoying, particularly when he's deep in defence. Like that time in the 3rd when he was there, right on the Bulldogs goal line and was the tallest player in the marking contest by about 4 inches, but he stood there like a statue and watched Brian Lake/Harris take the mark.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Seeing as Hille is doing so well ATM, maybe its time to just play Bellchambers - gives him experience and gives Laycock the boot up the arse he needs to get his act together.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.