theory on injuries??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

theory on injuries??

Post by tom9779 »

perhaps it is because of our unusual weeks breaks.

in four weeks, we have played MONDAY, SUNDAY, SATURDAY and FRIDAY. afternoons and nights.

in other words, with such a mixed up arrangement, our conditioning guys must have their work cut out for them.

Barry Hall made mention of it in his article criticizing monday night football, and how lucky the swans are to only EVER play on a Saturday or Sunday.
(http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/i ... 92404.html)

Imagine that consistency to work with...

plus throw into the mix our hard running game.....
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: theory on injuries??

Post by rockhole »

I am certainly no expert on sports injuriesut how will sacking Quinn overcome our run of hammies. What is he doing wrong that needs to be rectified and if we already know the answer, why hasn't it been dome already.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rockhole wrote:I am certainly no expert on sports injuriesut how will sacking Quinn overcome our run of hammies. What is he doing wrong that needs to be rectified and if we already know the answer, why hasn't it been dome already.
Can't answer your question Rockhole but St Kilda had these problems for a number of years as well. They sacked their fitness team, brought in all new people and don't sem to be having those problems anymore.

Maybe our fitness people should talk to theirs.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The fact that these injuries have been occuring so frequently since 2000 says that it is time for change.
merty92
Top Up Player

Post by merty92 »

I think the players, before they have a game at Telstra Dome should have their last training session at the Dome. It might help their bodies get use to the surface, unless your not allowed to do that?
dheal
Top Up Player

Post by dheal »

Also Geelong sacked their fitness coach midway through the season before last & they seem to be travelling ok.(remember when they accused him of giving Geelong's secrets to rival clubs). I don't think sacking the fitness team at this stage is the way to go but a extensive external investigation is required & when completed the appropiate decisions have to be made.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

One word...HamQuinn