Freo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Freo

Post by Lloyd is King »

Fremantle 10.13.73
Richmond 20.17.137

What a miserably overrated bunch.

I feel sorry for Harvs.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Re: Freo

Post by Mick »

Why feel sorry for Harvey, perhaps he is part of the problem. He did recruit Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley, one guy past it and one who never will make it. If that provides some insight into his thinking then maybe he spent too long in the box with Sheeds.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

I was dumbfounded when every single "expert" had Freo in their top 4 along with St. Kilda at the start of the year.

I should have taken them at $2.70 to miss the 8.

Over-rated and over-hyped - they won't play finals this year or for many years to come with the tired and old list that they've got.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Harvey may have been sucked in by the media over here in Perth...they keep rabbiting on about Freo's premiership window being open. It might be, but not even a mouse could get through that opening.

He needs to get rid of a number of players with big reputations but who repeatedly fail to deliver...Headland, Tarrant and the Carr boys spring to mind.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Freo has a rich history of management f*** ups. Their playing list blunders have been constantly horrific.
Essendunny
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

always great when they lose. Suddenly every Freo supporter goes into hiding :lol:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Brumaz wrote:always great when they lose. Suddenly every Freo supporter goes into hiding :lol:
I have never met one but I can imagine they would be very quiet at the moment
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They are a very ordinary side. Does anyone even know why the media rate them so highly?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robrulz5 wrote:They are a very ordinary side. Does anyone even know why the media rate them so highly?
Pavlich maybe... He is a very good player but is surrounded but a team of aging duds
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Solly was their best player in the 3rd quarter and he had just returned after being taken off on the stretcher. He ran into Tarrant in the 1st quarter. Probably goes to show how bad they actually are.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Not to take away from the fact that Freo were dreadful, but all 4 sides that played in their 'derbies' last week (Port, Crows, Eagles and Freo) lost this week, with three of those teams (Crows, Eagles and Freo) being beaten badly, and Port giving up a 10 goal turnaround in the space of 40 minutes. Perhaps there's something to be said for the fact that all 4 sides suffered big let-downs this week after going hammer and tong against their local rivals last week.

But yeah, they looked terrible. You know you're struggling when your skills look way below par against Richmond of all teams. Tarrant is an absolute disaster - looks completely disinterested, uncoordinated and frustrated. They need to be careful that they don't "do a Melbourne" - hang on to all their aging players in the misguided belief that they've still got what it takes to be a top 4 team without bringing enough young players through, 'cause as Melbourne have shown, when the arse falls out of a team built like that, it falls out very quickly.

I have to confess that i thought Freo were going to produce something this year, but it now looks like i got sucked into the hype.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Only saw the last few minutes,but one player at least trying the 1 per centers was CHRIS MAYNE.

Any objective opinions on CHRIS MAYNE?Known as CHOPPER!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

grassy1 wrote:Only saw the last few minutes,but one player at least trying the 1 per centers was CHRIS MAYNE.

Any objective opinions on CHRIS MAYNE?Known as CHOPPER!
He seems to have a bit of potential Grassy...(Perth boy by any chance? :wink: ).

From what I've seen of him so far, he has a bit of flair and goes hard at the ball (unlike a few of his team mates).
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Freo are a disgrace!!!!

the only people I feel sorry for is the supporters who spend their good money each week supporting this rabble.
It just fell out of the sky
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Nice work by the Tiggers!!! :D

What happened to former Bombers Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley... are they injured or just out of favour??
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

We haven't heard from Gringo's mate for a while eh... Can't even remember his name anymore.

:wink:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Nice work by the Tiggers!!! :D

What happened to former Bombers Mark Johnson and Kepler Bradley... are they injured or just out of favour??
MJ pulled out of the team last week (injured). Kepler hasn't been getting a mention at all.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:We haven't heard from Gringo's mate for a while eh... Can't even remember his name anymore.

Twits :lol:
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:We haven't heard from Gringo's mate for a while eh... Can't even remember his name anymore.

Twits :lol:

bluey :lol: :lol:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Nice work by the Tiggers!!! :D

Johnson is not up to AFL standard any more and Bradley never was.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.