Gee, ta Vossy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Gee, ta Vossy

Post by robrulz5 »

Not unexpected. It's up to the media to pump up and team that is playing against us in the hope they will play well enough to beat us.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Well all the pressure is on St.Kilda tonight. No one expects us to win.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Media covering their arse for the fact that just about all of them had the 'Aints in the top 4, but 4 games into the season, it's patently obvious they're not that good. Rather than simply admit they're wrong, it's better just to say that the Saints are 'under-performing'.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Good article but the timing sucks for us.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Was considering tipping us until I read that...

#-o #-o #-o
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Wasn't just Vossy.

If anyone listened to SEN yesterday (sorry Saints Radio) they would have heard this carping and criticism non-stop.

All the money came for the Saints all day - starting price was about $1.28.

For the uninitiated or the non-interested it was f***ing difficult to work out who the Saints were playing last night. Ive never heard such one sided commentary (Collingwont excluded).

This is something we are not use to - but we with have to become more accustomed too. The electronic media in general do not like Essendon! There are very few Essendon people involved - Essendon players are not included, interviewed or on discussion panels (eg The Footy Show) and with a run of poor to mediocre years it aint gunna get any better.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

This is generated from within the club. I'm sure the St.Kilda hierarchy from behind the scenes gave the "all clear" for journo's to let loose on their players to fire them up. We've done it before.....Sheeds has used media in this "method" over the years to fire up his troops at certain stages - and planted the articles on the changeroom walls. We've had far too many "good" articles since Knighta's appointment. Lots of glowing references to our pace and potential talent. I mentioned this pre-season that we were bizarrely receiving lots of kudos considering we hadn't delivered on the field. It's time to start saying how it is, rather than how it might potentially be. I would rather see articles criticising our lack of accountability, our sloppiness, our uncertainty in games we have played this year. Instead, we hear how "quick" we are and how the team is "good to watch". Time for our hierarchy to allow some constructive criticism to filter through.
Essendunny
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

BenDoolan wrote:This is generated from within the club. I'm sure the St.Kilda hierarchy from behind the scenes gave the "all clear" for journo's to let loose on their players to fire them up. We've done it before.....Sheeds has used media in this "method" over the years to fire up his troops at certain stages - and planted the articles on the changeroom walls. We've had far too many "good" articles since Knighta's appointment. Lots of glowing references to our pace and potential talent. I mentioned this pre-season that we were bizarrely receiving lots of kudos considering we hadn't delivered on the field. It's time to start saying how it is, rather than how it might potentially be. I would rather see articles criticising our lack of accountability, our sloppiness, our uncertainty in games we have played this year. Instead, we hear how "quick" we are and how the team is "good to watch". Time for our hierarchy to allow some constructive criticism to filter through.
Agree wholeheartedly & let's start straight away. Let's get a journo to start a 'Is Lloyd past it?' story this week, since he certainly needs a rocket.